Sam Parker double inch press on incline

AdamTGlass

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM-SnMwgKj9/?igshid=y95krdx7ivu2

Sam lifted two bells off the floor got in position unassisted and pressed them for reps 💪💪💪💪that’s amazing 

• Like 6

@Wannagrip is the functionality of posting videos from Instagram now working? After I drop the link on YT it automatically embeds them, IG looks like not so much 

Ok here’s YT link 

• Like 3

That was awesome from start to finish! His single rep at end with left only was freakin amazing.

That’s insane 

14 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

@Wannagrip is the functionality of posting videos from Instagram now working? After I drop the link on YT it automatically embeds them, IG looks like not so much 

No, it's not yet as far as I  know. 

38 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Is it much harder pressing inch dumbbells than regular ones?

OMG...for sure I would say.  Just the thickness of the handles alone to control them.

6 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Is it much harder pressing inch dumbbells than regular ones?

Yes,not just the diameter, but often the handle isn't perfectly round but more of an oval or something which makes it even harder.

21 hours ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Best grip feat I’ve ever seen....

Some reference in there to Brian Shaw...did he equal that feat? I cannot imagine anyone pulling those from the ground like that, and THEN pressing them.

i agree on the “grip feat”. I may go a step further and say “strength feat”.

What am I missing here? I saw the standalone YouTube video that gave the “number of views” and there were 45 views just now.

I don’t understand. 

On 3/29/2021 at 8:51 PM, Hubgeezer said:

Some reference in there to Brian Shaw...did he equal that feat? I cannot imagine anyone pulling those from the ground like that, and THEN pressing them.

i agree on the “grip feat”. I may go a step further and say “strength feat”.

I post mostly on Instagram and Facebook hence the poor number of views on YouTube. 

You might remember me from the British Grip Championships 2007. I was with my mother there and you were on holiday and also competed. Hope you're keeping well.

Thank you for the nice comments here everyone 

Regards Sam 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

What am I missing here? I saw the standalone YouTube video that gave the “number of views” and there were 45 views just now.

I don’t understand. 

I think its partly because its on so many different platforms. Also grip isnt that sexy 😅 

15 hours ago, Sam Parker said:

You might remember me from the British Grip Championships 2007. I was with my mother there and you were on holiday and also competed. Hope you're keeping well.

Regards Sam 

There was a 17-year-old competing, was there with his mother, and his name was Sam. My wife hit it off very well with his mother, and we talked quite a bit.

But his last name was not Parker.

Is that you?

3 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

There was a 17-year-old competing, was there with his mother, and his name was Sam. My wife hit it off very well with his mother, and we talked quite a bit.

But his last name was not Parker.

Is that you?

That's me. 

Mom's name is Victoria. 

I was the first teenager to certify on the number 3 since the Jesse Marunde fund was set up aswell. That was 12 years ago now. I'm 31 now.

• Like 1

Speechless!  What a feat of Grip and Overall strength.  Simply amazing - congratulations Sam!

On 3/28/2021 at 11:41 PM, AdamTGlass said:

Ok here’s YT link 

WOW!!!! 

Just read all the comments here thank you very much everyone! Next time I want to get into double figures on the press. My bodyweight is below 300 which means my top end press power is down so it may indeed be time to eat more.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 1:01 PM, Sam Parker said:

I can’t tell you how happy I was to be pleasantly surprised to learn that the strong guy manhandling the Inch Dumbbells is the same fellow who so warmly greeted my wife and I almost 14 years ago at Steve Gardener’s place. I never would have recognized you. 

As you know, but until now no one else did, my wife now follows you on Instagram. MY WIFE, who hates all things of the Iron Game, follows a Power Lifter. My son is still trying to figure that one out!

But seriously, just a day before I saw your video, we had a discussion “I wonder what Sam is doing these days?”. Now we know. That’s great. 

Folks, Sam is a real good guy. A fun guy with a good wit.👍 I thought he was strong as a teen. Now he’s one of the strongest men in the world.💪

• Like 2

Legendary stuff, bro :rock

3 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

I can’t tell you how happy I was to be pleasantly surprised to learn that the strong guy manhandling the Inch Dumbbells is the same fellow who so warmly greeted my wife and I almost 14 years ago at Steve Gardener’s place. I never would have recognized you. 

As you know, but until now no one else did, my wife now follows you on Instagram. MY WIFE, who hates all things of the Iron Game, follows a Power Lifter. My son is still trying to figure that one out!

But seriously, just a day before I saw your video, we had a discussion “I wonder what Sam is doing these days?”. Now we know. That’s great. 

Folks, Sam is a real good guy. A fun guy with a good wit.👍 I thought he was strong as a teen. Now he’s one of the strongest men in the world.💪

Thanks Mike. To be fair my Instagram contains as much dogs 🐕 as it does lifting! Honoured to have her follow me. I'm actually chatting to my Mum today and I'll pass on her well wishes.

How are things going with you training wise? I've some cool hub feats that I need to share with you at some point too.

On 3/31/2021 at 4:13 AM, Hubgeezer said:

Is that you?

Back in May of 2007, when Sam approached me and introduced himself, until he said what his “Gripboard” name was, I had no clue who he was. 

He may have been absent from this forum for years, but he was into Grip in a BIG way. So Sam is a grip veteran, not some walk-on fiddling with the Inch for the first time.

I saw a hint of his strength in something called “The One Hand lift”, which really wasn’t so much a Grip Event as it was a Strength Event. You grabbed a David Horne special handle, and the goal was to pick up a full length barbell (chain wrapped around the bar) so that both ends of the barbell plates were at least two inches off the ground. Steve Gardener won with a World Record, and Sam was not too far behind, seems like it was close to 700 lbs. for young Sam...