Rare rated grippers

Mirco

Hi guys I recently closed a ghp6 at 125 lb and I was searching for a next level challenging gripper, thanks to Matt cannon I am building up my gripper arsenal of rated grippers and I'm keeping the gap between working grippers at around 8 lb. Right now I have a coc2 100 lb, ghp5 110 lb, coc2.5 118lb, ghp6 125lb, ghp7 141 lb and coc3 149 lb. There is a missing link at around 133 lb, I was searching for top brands like coc, ghp or Warren tetting, also RB might be ok. I've check out cannon powerworks but I can't find that rating so I ask you guys how can I find a 133lb gripper?? 🤔🤔

Roll the dice and hope to get lucky with a coc 2.5, ghp 6, of grip genie 5. Another option is to file an easier gripper to get close to that rating, take something in the 120s and slowly file until you're there, or have Matt do the rating + filing service then you don't have to guess. 

9 minutes ago, Mirco said:

Hi guys I recently closed a ghp6 at 125 lb and I was searching for a next level challenging gripper, thanks to Matt cannon I am building up my gripper arsenal of rated grippers and I'm keeping the gap between working grippers at around 8 lb. Right now I have a coc2 100 lb, ghp5 110 lb, coc2.5 118lb, ghp6 125lb, ghp7 141 lb and coc3 149 lb. There is a missing link at around 133 lb, I was searching for top brands like coc, ghp or Warren tetting, also RB might be ok. I've check out cannon powerworks but I can't find that rating so I ask you guys how can I find a 133lb gripper?? 🤔🤔

A ghp 6, or a heavy 2,5

I don't know if Sylvis exists anymore, but maybe someone could whip up an adjustable that's similar.

I think @acorn used to modify grippers.

Cannon could then  adjust it to your required rating. 

• Like 1

I know the wait has been long but we are launching Standard Grippers soon.  They will have 9 strengths that target hard-to-service areas such as 95, 135, 160 and 190. They are not revolutionary or even novel, just another solid choice. Simple oil-tempered springs and nice knurling at a good price. All hand made by small businesses in the USA. 

So you’ll be able to get the 135ish one there for sure. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Grip Genie 5 can hit 130s as well and every batch we get the quality improves. The knurling especially is nice. It’s a solid choice. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 1:39 PM, Climber028 said:

Roll the dice and hope to get lucky with a coc 2.5, ghp 6, of grip genie 5. Another option is to file an easier gripper to get close to that rating, take something in the 120s and slowly file until you're there, or have Matt do the rating + filing service then you don't have to guess. 

Thank you man for replying, but aren't filed gripper different from original ones? I mean if I file a 120 and it's rating become 135, when I close it is still 120 from start to almost finish and then the final part is harder, but it's different from a real 135 I guess.

On 3/25/2021 at 2:35 PM, Cannon said:

I know the wait has been long but we are launching Standard Grippers soon.  They will have 9 strengths that target hard-to-service areas such as 95, 135, 160 and 190. They are not revolutionary or even novel, just another solid choice. Simple oil-tempered springs and nice knurling at a good price. All hand made by small businesses in the USA. 

So you’ll be able to get the 135ish one there for sure. 

Thank you Matt I'm definitely interested 👍🏼

3 minutes ago, Mirco said:

Thank you man for replying, but aren't filed gripper different from original ones? I mean if I file a 120 and it's rating become 135, when I close it is still 120 from start to almost finish and then the final part is harder, but it's different from a real 135 I guess.

It is definitely different, especially for the purposes of records or technique. But for the purpose of getting stronger and closing harder grippers the difference is neglgiable. I'm assuming in general this is the ultimate goal. 

You gain an extra advantage as well from closing filed grippers, if you build more strength after the close then it gets even easier to close a normal gripper. Same idea as doing a deficit deadlift.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hopefully said:

I must be the only one whose seen zero benefit from btr training 🤔

I've heard other say the same. And some people got injured from that type of training. I personally prefer to fill the gaps of my collection with non filed grippers

• Like 1

And here I credit BTR grippers as the main thing that got me to over-bodyweight closes. Everyone is different 😊

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

I have mainly used it for ccs training. And I have really tried so to speak too. Mms could perhaps work differently. 

Totally agree with that reasoning. If my goal was ccs I probably wouldn't touch a filed gripper at all

• Like 1