2021 US Grip National Championship

Jedd Johnson

1 hour ago, liftyzig said:

As you can tell, by the end of the 2nd round i was DONE

Same.

So the wrist roller is after the medley? How do the 55 and 110 lb anvils compare to some other items on the list in terms of difficulty? Never touched one.

Edited by DAVE101

the medley gives me anxiety but All medleys do lol. Love the idea and concept though. My big 300 lb ass with move as fast as I can 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DAVE101 said:

So the wrist roller is after the medley? How do the 55 and 110 lb anvils compare to some other items on the list in terms of difficulty? Never touched one.

The 55 is like closing a Trainer.  The 110 is like closing a #1-#1.5.  I think every grip guy that has ever tried it was able to pick it up.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DAVE101 said:

If we do the wrist roller first, EVERYONE will be screwed for the Medley.  I would rather give the chance for better performances on the Medley.  I would have to look and see what order I put in, above, to be honest.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chez said:

the medley gives me anxiety but All medleys do lol. Love the idea and concept though. My big 300 lb ass with move as fast as I can 

Luke can tape up your ankles before the event, maybe.  And I have elbow sleeves that fit me, so you can see if they fit you, if you're concerned about your biceps. 

I want to wish Good Luck to everyone - the format looks like a serious ass kicker but a ton of fun also.  A real endurance fest!  Have fun everyone!

• Like 1

Take note, I modified the Grippers for the Women's Medley.  Instead of #1 and #2 grippers, it will be Trainer and #1.

For the Wrist Roller, the distance is 22 feet.  Every time you pull the sled past a 2-foot mark, you get 8 points.

If you finish the entire course under the 60 second time limit, you get 3 points for every 5 seconds under the minute that you finish.

So, after the 10th 2 foot marker, you earn 80 points.

If you finish in 55 seconds, you get 83 points.

If you finish in 50 seconds, you get 86 points.

45 seconds, 89 points. 40 seconds, 92 points. 35 seconds, 95 points. 30 seconds, 100 points.  

For the Wrist Roller, men will pull 150lbs on the Sled, women will pull 100lbs.  The distance is 22 feet.  Every time you pull the sled past a 2-foot mark, you get 8 points.

If you finish the entire course under the 60 second time limit, you get 3 points for every 5 seconds under the minute that you finish.

So, after the 10th 2 foot marker, you earn 80 points.

If you finish in 55 seconds, you get 83 points.

If you finish in 50 seconds, you get 86 points.

45 seconds, 89 points. 40 seconds, 92 points. 35 seconds, 95 points. 30 seconds, 98-100 points. 

That's what we're looking at.  Plan for pain.

Updated Competitor List:

Jedd Johnson - 120+ Men
Luke Raymond - 93kg Men
Dave101 - 83 Men
Sarah Chappellow Women

Clint Ziegler - 93kg Men
Chez Ricchezza - 120+ Men
Vinnie RIvellese - 83kg Men
Jason Dingey - 120+ Men
Melissa Dingey - Women
Lance Moore - 120+ Men
Mike Rinderle - 120+kg Men
Andrew Sasso - 83kg

At this point, I will accept new sign-ups, provided the lifter is qualified, but it'll be tough to get you a shirt.

• Like 1

Would anyone be interested in getting one of the US Grip Champs shirts?  Price is $20. I'm looking to round up 10 buyers if possible, to put in another order.  Thanks.

MANO MAGNECIA2.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Would anyone be interested in getting one of the US Grip Champs shirts?  Price is $20. I'm looking to round up 10 buyers if possible, to put in another order.  Thanks.

MANO MAGNECIA2.jpg

I’ll get one. 
Holy cow! Rindo is coming? Awesome! 5 in the 120+!

• Like 1

Hi Jedd. I just sent in my entry form.

I’d be interested in a competitor’s shirt. L if the same as the Diesel Crew skull one, otherwise M.

I've been asked if masks are required when you come to PA.  First off, they are certainly NOT REQUIRED In my gym.  Around this area, I haven't worn one in months, however, it probably depends on the business owner or the local politics on whether you will be asked to wear one.  Slowly and surely, "mask required" signs are disappearing everywhere I go.  

• Like 2

Results - Silver Bullet - Gripper used - Seconds held

Jason Dingey - #4 - 13.45
Dave 101 - #3 - 4.6
Clint Ziegler - #3.5 - 4.19
Luke Raymond - #3.5 - 18.35
Mike Rinderle - #3.5 - 0.56
Melissa Dingey - #2.5 - 9.05
Chez - #4 - 12.20
Andrew Sasso - #3.5 - 4.68
Sara Chappelow - #3 - 3.35
Jedd Johnson - #4 - 19.02
Lance Moore - #3.5 - 4.06

The #4 rated 214 RGC Cannon

The #3.5 rated 173 RGC Jedd

The #3 rated 144 RGC Jedd

The #2.5 rated 125 RGC Cannon

• Like 2

Pinch Results

Melissa Dingey - 131.4
Sarah Chappelow - 135.7
Mike Rinderle - 173.6
Dave 101 - 184.18
Lance Moore - 188.34
Clint Ziegler - 193.52
Chez - 198.86
Andrew Sasso - 204.05
Luke Raymond - 218.61
Jason Dingey - 238.48
Jedd Johnson - 243.66

• Like 2

2" Napalm's Nightmare

Melissa Dingey - 269.87
Mike Rinderle - 342.67
Sarah Chappelow - 362.55
Clint Ziegler - 362.55
Dave 101 - 383.42
Chez - 393.47
Andrew Sasso - 403.37
Luke Raymond - 412.93
Lance Moore - 422.83
Jedd Johnson - 473.25
Jason Dingey - 483.21

• Like 1

Medley Points Earned

Mike Rinderle - 44
Melissa Dingey - 53
Andrew Sasso - 53
Dave 101 - 54

Sarah Chappelow - 60
Chez - 64
Lance Moore - 71
Clint Ziegler - 74
Jason Dingey - 77
Luke Raymond - 92
Jedd Johnson - 93

• Like 1

Wrist Roller Points Earned

Mike Rinderle - 85
Melissa Dingey - 70
Andrew Sasso - 70
Dave 101 - 70

Sarah Chappelow - 70
Chez - 70
Clint Ziegler - 80
Lance Moore - 85
Jedd Johnson - 90

Jason Dingey - 95
Luke Raymond - 100

• Like 1

The overall score results per class for Women, Lightweight Men and Heavyweight Men, as well as the Overall will be posted later on tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for all the help with the Medley.  That really helped the contest move along.

Also, thanks to JayCee and Delraine for help with the timing and scoring, and my Dad who cleaned up multiple spills.  Thanks to Aaron Carr for helping with the loading and moving implements, as well as everyone else who jumped in on that as well. Also, thanks to anyone else who helped out with stuff that I am forgetting.

• Like 1

Some mighty fine lifting!

A question - how do the results on a Napalms Nightmare compare to the IM Axle lift?  Just curious if someone can tell me a general percent change?

Edited by climber511
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, climber511 said:

A question - how do the results on a Napalms Nightmare compare to the IM Axle lift?  Just curious if someone can tell me a general percent change?

For me, I can do 50-60lbs more on the 2” NN than IM axle. My 2 3/8” NN and IM axle numbers are very similar.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JasonD said:

For me, I can do 50-60lbs more on the 2” NN than IM axle. My 2 3/8” NN and IM axle numbers are very similar.

Thank you!

6 hours ago, climber511 said:

IM axle: 320

2.375” Nightmare: 330

2” Nightmare: 380 (about 12% higher than axle).

• Like 3