2021 US Grip National Championship

Jedd Johnson

Embarrassing but fun.  About where I expected without touching a grip implement in 2 years and having my hip replaced 7 months ago.  Definitely finally felt like I belonged in the masters class.  

Strangely I did well in my nemesis the wrist roller.  Think I got 4th.  Last in every other event.

Last Nationals (2019) I did 418.8 on 2" Napalm's Nightmare.   This time 342.  Not sure if it was my hip or my grip, but 362 wasn't coming up.  🤣  I had planned to do 352 and stop but was desperately trying not to let Sarah beat me so I jumped to 362 when she did.  Bad choice.  She got it for a huge woman's world record.  An amazing lift!

Great meeting some new faces and seeing old buds.  Thanks for having me up.

• Like 5

Had an amazing time, as always, big thanks again to Jedd & family for putting on another great event!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Embarrassing but fun.  About where I expected without touching a grip implement in 2 years and having my hip replaced 7 months ago.  Definitely finally felt like I belonged in the masters class.  

Strangely I did well in my nemesis the wrist roller.  Think I got 4th.  Last in every other event.

Last Nationals (2019) I did 418.8 on 2" Napalm's Nightmare.   This time 342.  Not sure if it was my hip or my grip, but 362 wasn't coming up.  🤣  I had planned to do 352 and stop but was desperately trying not to let Sarah beat me so I jumped to 362 when she did.  Bad choice.  She got it for a huge woman's world record.  An amazing lift!

All hail perennial masters champion, Mike Rinderle! Great seeing you again, buddy!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JasonD said:

All hail perennial masters champion, Mike Rinderle! Great seeing you again, buddy!

Thanks Jason!  Watching your progress over the last few years has been a lot of fun.  You are truly up there with the elites!  Great seeing you and Melissa again!

• Like 3

Silver Bullet Videos will be posted first.

Jason Dingey

• Like 3

Dave 101

• Like 3

Clint Ziegler

• Like 3

Luke Raymond

• Like 3

On 6/20/2021 at 8:34 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

Great job old man - Masters rule!  :) 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, climber511 said:

Great job old man - Masters rule!  :) 

Thanks my friend!  Miss ya.

• Like 1

I filmed zero 2HP and only got these attempts of 2" NN.

My Medley was sabotaged by a bottle of gatorade.

• Haha 4

That was one heck of a Medley - fun idea to have to carry everything for distance!  The Jedley Medley strikes again :) 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, climber511 said:

That was one heck of a Medley - fun idea to have to carry everything for distance!  The Jedley Medley strikes again :) 

Fun for guys who didn't just have their hip replaced!  🤬🤬🤬🤣

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Fun for guys who didn't just have their hip replaced!  🤬🤬🤬🤣

How are you getting along with the hip - hopefully better ????

• Like 2

RE:  old guys.  It was going to be my first post-heart-failure comp, and I am pretty sure I'd have vied with Rindo for last place (or first in the Masters lol), but I wussed out - gonna try again July 10 in Washington (arm lifting comp), hopefully.  You guys did great.  And that medley looked awesome.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, climber511 said:

How are you getting along with the hip - hopefully better ????

Fantastic.  Wish I'd done it 10 years ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

RE:  old guys.  It was going to be my first post-heart-failure comp, and I am pretty sure I'd have vied with Rindo for last place (or first in the Masters lol), but I wussed out - gonna try again July 10 in Washington (arm lifting comp), hopefully.  You guys did great.  And that medley looked awesome.

This was your year Vin!  Next year will be your last shot.  After that, Dingy is a master.  😳

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

This was your year Vin!  Next year will be your last shot.  After that, Dingy is a master.  😳

That's for sure!  Well I'll either be better or dead next year lol.  NO SALT FOR ME!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, climber511 said:

My original idea would have been cooler, but I just didn't have enough room to make it work.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

That's for sure!  Well I'll either be better or dead next year lol.  NO SALT FOR ME!

Missed you big time, VinMeister.  Everybody was asking about ya!

• Like 2