The Fourth Number 3 Certified Captain of Crush This Week!

Hubgeezer

Nice! He smashed that.

Looks like this is might be a big year for people certifying. Maybe if my training starts going half decent I could have a shot by the end of the year.

3 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

It's much more simple now when you don't have to go through the trouble with a judge and everything that comes with that, so I suppose alot of people really go for it now.

I really hope they keep it this way

Yeah I kind of thought that was the reason for more people being able to cert. especially in this case for Jay Smith I’m sure it’s not easy to get a judge in northern Alberta.

Look at the size of his hand/thumb pad and wrist!  That was like NOTHING to close. Wow.  He makes a #3 look freakin "spongy!"

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

Look at the size of his hand/thumb pad and wrist!  That was like NOTHING to close. Wow.  He makes a #3 look freakin "spongy!"

Yeah Jay is like 7’2” and built like that. He’s a freaking mountain. The 3.5 cert is going down ASAP. 

• Like 1

He could almost close the GHP 9 with the block a couple of years back but I believe he had an injury that set him back. Good to see he's doing grippers again, easy close.

Easy cert!

16 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

A Canadian fellow this time:

https://ironmind.com/news/Jay-Smith-Certifies-on-the-Captains-of-Crush-No.-3-Gripper/

It does not give his age, but he is definitely not a Teen. 

Talk about a "Credit Card Set", jeez...

He is 34 years old. It says in the caption underneath. 

I follow this guy on insta. He trains with GHP 8 and 9s. Has done mms reps with his RGC 186lbs coc 3.5. He is a real beast and will cert the 3.5 in time no doubt. 

No doubts for Jay. His training with GHP grippers - one from best, 4 reps on GHP8 just from pocket on work in car on cold hand width set- really impressive! - Job of Jay - oil production and oil wells - really physically heavy work.

• Like 1