Attempted the CoC 3 for the first time

Terry Conjugate Iron

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

Thank you Dimitar! I guess it's from all the weight lifting and manual labor. Glad you enjoyed the video 

• 5 months later...
On 5/29/2021 at 4:36 PM, Terry Gripperaddicted said:

Thank you Dimitar! I guess it's from all the weight lifting and manual labor. Glad you enjoyed the video 

You'll be repping it with ease in no time! (or maybe you have already) 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SkyHeart said:

You'll be repping it with ease in no time! (or maybe you have already) 

Unfortunately no lol... I focused on my powerlifting/strongman training all summer and just came back to grip early October. Took a step back from the grippers and playing around with pinch block, rolling thunder, excalibur type handles etc 💪

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Terry Gripperaddicted said:

Unfortunately no lol... I focused on my powerlifting/strongman training all summer and just came back to grip early October. Took a step back from the grippers and playing around with pinch block, rolling thunder, excalibur type handles etc 💪

Just as awesome as closing hard grippers , if you ask me ! :D I honestly never put much time into weight lifting. just some dumbbell training off and on between teenage years - early 20s, then quit because of a few bodily/health issues, and thanks to that I discovered my passion for grippers :) I noticed on some gripper videos throughout Youtube, some ask the uploaders if they can bend a "100 KG twister bar" or however that is worded, i probably titled it wrong ( lol ) when you mentioned rolling thunder and excalibur handles, it made me think of that for some reason. I hope you and your loved ones had a splendid Summer, and a Fall just as great to come! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SkyHeart said:

Just as awesome as closing hard grippers , if you ask me ! :D I honestly never put much time into weight lifting. just some dumbbell training off and on between teenage years - early 20s, then quit because of a few bodily/health issues, and thanks to that I discovered my passion for grippers :) I noticed on some gripper videos throughout Youtube, some ask the uploaders if they can bend a "100 KG twister bar" or however that is worded, i probably titled it wrong ( lol ) when you mentioned rolling thunder and excalibur handles, it made me think of that for some reason. I hope you and your loved ones had a splendid Summer, and a Fall just as great to come! 

For me lifting is an obsession. I train squats bench and deadlift all year around. So I try to do 2 grip training sessions per week. But usually it comes down to one per week. Cause my hands are so tired from the weekly training. 

Haha I don't bend bars on my channel though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Terry Gripperaddicted said:

For me lifting is an obsession. I train squats bench and deadlift all year around. So I try to do 2 grip training sessions per week. But usually it comes down to one per week. Cause my hands are so tired from the weekly training. 

Haha I don't bend bars on my channel though. 

Those exercises would certainly tire out any pair of hands xD if i were still into weightlifting, those would be the moves i'd consider most beneficial for me! ( well okay i'll be honest, i've never performed proper deadlifts or bench presses, even with dumbbells : P ) but i imagine those are all great for functional strength right? my grip training frequency flies all over the place. sometimes its 2 days a week. sometimes even 4 or 5, but will vary between many attempts. to few. doing negatives is tempting even though a lot of them wears on my elbows and shoulders for the rest of the day , but its so worth it when i see the progress as a result a few days to a week later :D

I get a little carried away and write more than i intend to at times, my apologies in advance ! :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SkyHeart said:

Those exercises would certainly tire out any pair of hands xD if i were still into weightlifting, those would be the moves i'd consider most beneficial for me! ( well okay i'll be honest, i've never performed proper deadlifts or bench presses, even with dumbbells : P ) but i imagine those are all great for functional strength right? my grip training frequency flies all over the place. sometimes its 2 days a week. sometimes even 4 or 5, but will vary between many attempts. to few. doing negatives is tempting even though a lot of them wears on my elbows and shoulders for the rest of the day , but its so worth it when i see the progress as a result a few days to a week later :D

I get a little carried away and write more than i intend to at times, my apologies in advance ! :)

Absolutely... Compound movements definitely train the whole body, or... Almost the whole body. 

As for you, I'm no grip expert but I can honestly say that you don't really need 4-5 sessions per week. Personally if I wasn't training so much with weights I'd do 2-3 per week tops. I'm sure some of the more advanced guys on here would agree. 

The hand and forearm are small muscles and they need time to recover much like every other muscle 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Terry Gripperaddicted said:

Absolutely... Compound movements definitely train the whole body, or... Almost the whole body. 

As for you, I'm no grip expert but I can honestly say that you don't really need 4-5 sessions per week. Personally if I wasn't training so much with weights I'd do 2-3 per week tops. I'm sure some of the more advanced guys on here would agree. 

The hand and forearm are small muscles and they need time to recover much like every other muscle 

I have put my hands into heavy fatigue more than once to be honest xD Seems like even the skin lets you know when its time to take some breaks. 2 - 3 days off seems to work the best , or sometimes il take a very light grip (like a "50 lb" bagel ) and do some warmups throughout the day without anything else, then try my heavier gear tomorrow. Works pretty well for me :D I used to have this dull pain in the base of a middle finger last year but it went away when i stopped doing lots of reps with easier grips. These days I try to aim more for shorter, higher intensity sessions. More convenient too! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SkyHeart said:

I have put my hands into heavy fatigue more than once to be honest xD Seems like even the skin lets you know when its time to take some breaks. 2 - 3 days off seems to work the best , or sometimes il take a very light grip (like a "50 lb" bagel ) and do some warmups throughout the day without anything else, then try my heavier gear tomorrow. Works pretty well for me :D I used to have this dull pain in the base of a middle finger last year but it went away when i stopped doing lots of reps with easier grips. These days I try to aim more for shorter, higher intensity sessions. More convenient too! 

I was getting that same pain at the base of my middle finger last year. It lasted for months cause I wouldn't rest at all. 

Yes, when it comes to grip and at least in my case, less is more. But it's always good to go down to a lighter gripper and do reps 👌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terry Gripperaddicted said:

I was getting that same pain at the base of my middle finger last year. It lasted for months cause I wouldn't rest at all. 

Yes, when it comes to grip and at least in my case, less is more. But it's always good to go down to a lighter gripper and do reps 👌

isn't it funny how the hardest part of progress isn't the actual training, but the waiting for the results ? xD ( well for someone like me anyways. i get too eager quite often ) I'm glad that the finger pain went away for you. i've noticed even an ounce of discomfort can cause a significant hold back of effort. 

Edited by SkyHeart
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SkyHeart said:

isn't it funny how the hardest part of progress isn't the actual training, but the waiting for the results ? xD ( well for someone like me anyways. i get too eager quite often ) I'm glad that the finger pain went away for you. i've noticed even an ounce of discomfort can cause a significant hold back of effort. 

We take our hands and fingers for granted. They go through so much daily strain.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Terry Gripperaddicted said:

We take our hands and fingers for granted. They go through so much daily strain.

truly a sobering reminder when recovery is needed. I kind of wonder from time to time if some of those who conquer extremely difficult grippers , or just really tough equipment in general, end up with hand/wrist arthritis later on in life.

• Like 1