Who remembers Mr. Baseline?

Alawadhi

I found his video again. It is a classic 2012. Anyone knows where did he go to? 

Baseline streng grip - YouTube

• Like 3

Can’t say I remember this.

It does remind me of something that occurred on October 18, 1968 in Mexico City after the most amazing feat in the history of Athletics:

”You have destroyed this event.” Lynn Davies, Long Jump Olympic Medalist, Great Britain

”Next to this, we are as children.” Igor Ter-Ovanesyan, multiple Long Jump Olympic Medalist, Soviet Union

On  viewing the above video:

”Positively Beamonesque”. Hubgeezer, Gripsport Nobody, USA

P.S. I just did a word search on the forum. Congratulations to Eric Milfield for being the first person and only previous person to have ever used the term “Beamonesque” on this forum. It’s not a word that is often used, and is never used lightly. Knowing roughly how “young” Eric is, I am impressed the word is in his vocabulary.

Edited by Hubgeezer

I always thought the way he held this axe in front was very impressive (video from around the same time of the Baseline videos)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncmuRN4U3G4

Woah. Never heard of that dude. That’s super strong. Not many guys can max out a dyno 

41 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

Woah. Never heard of that dude. That’s super strong. Not many guys can max out a dyno 

He challenged and hated many 4 closers like Paul Knight, Vogt, Juha and so on. His nick name was something like Mr. Baseline. He had few accounts and was banned few times. He conned me once when he said he close any #4 or something and I sent him a free HG350 to close one camera. He messaged me later on and said he's done it. I was like what?! 

Edited by Alawadhi

12 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Bader... I can lift the  millennium dumbbell with my teeth.... send me one for free and I will do it.... 🤪🤣🤪🤣

Haha good one 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

I think Nathan Holle can, I know he got 167 on the gm-150

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Can’t click the link can you please post it again or type the video title?

Weird. Can you copy/paste the link into your Web browser? It works for me.

He has Youtube account apparently, under the nickname "machine740". There he has those 8 year old videos (baseline dyno, and the one I liked with the Axe... not impressed with the lever to the face, but when he extends it out in front with control and seemingly not that much effort). He has more recent videos from what I saw. I'm not gonna comment on whatever he claimed back then with grippers but he's obviously a strong cat. In a video he does full rom reps with 225 on bench for like 27 reps, the first ones quite easily, not your average bloke for sure.

3 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

There was nothing wrong with that lever at all... that’s a super  light hammer... if he was able to lift it from the floor that Easy then the hammer is light for him to  Face lever. I find with light hammers they are too easy and sometimes the quality of the lever suffers because you feel like you are gonna launch it across the room. 

yeah 3kg , 6.6lbs?  meh

Well, I rescind my Beamonesque comment based on someone accepting a gripper from a good faith donor, and not being true to his end of the deal.

1 hour ago, liftyzig said:

yeah 3kg , 6.6lbs?  meh

Don't want to change the subject but noticed your from Elmira, My Mom grew up in Millport and then Elmira until my dad swept her off her feet out here in Boston.

Got family in Horseheads too, I really miss it out there, its like my second home.

sorry for off topic post.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Yup....that’s beginners “strong” from the floor... for face levers it’s woman’s weight.

Get out of here Joe! That's toxic masculinity brotherrrr!

For those who didn't get this, it's a joke 🤣😄

Haven't heard from him for years...

That guy was funny. He used to make Juha sooo mad.. lol!

we had a couple heated threads with that guy back then. I know Bader remembers. 😬

any of you guys also remember in one of those heated threads @Cannon busted out with some German in an attempt to put the fire out?? 😂

we went from flaming that guy for 4-5 pages to being in tears laughing at Matt’s German refereeing.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cannon said:

😂 I just felt like something was getting lost in translation. So I translated. 😬

I mean it worked out!.. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Being that we had a trifecta of lost in translation going with us English speakers, Juha from Finland, and that guy from Germany or Austria, we weren’t making any headway. So you sort of saved it I suppose. Lol

for anyone wondering, that guy was indeed legit. Bummer tho about the gripper that Bader sent him.. That guy was repping a GHP 8 with a set block for like 7-8 reps, and getting ridiculously close to doing the GHP9 with a set block.

don’t remember seeing anything else out of him besides crush feats and respectable level trolling ability.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

don’t remember seeing anything else out of him besides crush feats and respectable level trolling ability

I have equal respect for both skills tbh. To have both is final boss material.

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

That guy was funny. He used to make Juha sooo mad.. lol!

we had a couple heated threads with that guy back then. I know Bader remembers. 😬

any of you guys also remember in one of those heated threads @Cannon busted out with some German in an attempt to put the fire out?? 😂

we went from flaming that guy for 4-5 pages to being in tears laughing at Matt’s German refereeing.

Lol yup I remember 🤣 😎

13 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

I mean it worked out!.. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Being that we had a trifecta of lost in translation going with us English speakers, Juha from Finland, and that guy from Germany or Austria, we weren’t making any headway. So you sort of saved it I suppose. Lol

for anyone wondering, that guy was indeed legit. Bummer tho about the gripper that Bader sent him.. That guy was repping a GHP 8 with a set block for like 7-8 reps, and getting ridiculously close to doing the GHP9 with a set block.

don’t remember seeing anything else out of him besides crush feats and respectable level trolling ability.

😄

11 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

I have equal respect for both skills tbh. To have both is final boss material.

Yeah! 🤣

• Like 1

I know this guy, (not real life),  many years i support him and I suggested him to get certified for GHP. His gifted, guys like him i always to support.