Hey Wanna Please Open Gripper32001 Post:

Guest wells

Heath got, what 7 singles, not 55.

7 reps on what has been described as a "3.5"

Wanna himself said he could not close this tested gripper.Wanna can obviously close a #3.IF the closing of the #3 is considered by some as "world class"then what is 7 reps on a "3.5"?

BTW I have no problem with what Heath or Tommy posted.Just making a point.

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom of Iowa2

• Bill Piche

• Roark

• Rob Vigeant

For what it's worth, I don't think 55 singles in 55 minutes is at all impossible. I've done more reps than that in half the time doing sets of 3 and could have kept going. It's not like me to come to Tommy's aid - i've always questioned some of his claims - but he's proven himself legit and to me, this is not even his wildest claim.

For what it's worth, I don't think 55 singles in 55 minutes is at all impossible. I've done more reps than that in half the time doing sets of 3 and could have kept going. It's not like me to come to Tommy's aid - i've always questioned some of his claims - but he's proven himself legit and to me, this is not even his wildest claim.

I got a chuckle out of "not even his wildest claims".

You have to remember Wade, you aren't exactly a mere grip mortal which probably lends more reason to lock the thread.

Tommy - Here's your opportunity to raise the bar and make some really wild claims! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Maybe we should open a new poll, "what is Tommy's wildest claim?"

Mike M.

Edited by supersqueeze

The following 'thought'has nothing to do why the thread was closed...I do understand that.

I do have to wonder IF Tommy was 6'5",300lbs(or there abouts ;) )instead of 6ft,175lbs.....would most folks question him less?or more? :blush

He has provided a lot of pics and film since I've been around.

Just as a point of reference, what is Tommy's wildest claim?

Good question. Let's just wait for his next post where he "out of the blue" does something no one else has. :D

I don't question you locking it. Rules are rules. I just think that Tommy can do this and more because i'm sure that I can do it (and more) and Tommy has a better crush than I do. As for the wild claims thing, what I meant was he used to throw stuff out all the time with no proof. In recent times he has started to document things. Prior to that I think most everyone questioned whether or not half of what he said was legit. No offense intended to anyone.

I don't question you locking it. Rules are rules. I just think that Tommy can do this and more because i'm sure that I can do it (and more) and Tommy has a better crush than I do. As for the wild claims thing, what I meant was he used to throw stuff out all the time with no proof. In recent times he has started to document things. Prior to that I think most everyone questioned whether or not half of what he said was legit. No offense intended to anyone.

I guess he's just back to his old ways? :laugh

The whole idea of my opening this thread has been summed up in Wade's and Wanna's last few posts. Tommy's way of introducing feats and exercises sometimes alarms us. We question him and the possibilities... His writing style is straightforward, frank, boastful, and at times I think he sensationalizes or exaggerates to raze us a little... Not saying that he is so much exaggerating about the actual physical feat but in the way he presents it and how it was done. He is a true showman and catches are attention, thus making us look beyond our own goals and limitations. Pushing us into a world in which we thought was of the impossible. :whacked

Tommy is the real thing... In his own humble way, he is bringing himself down to our level (no offense, but there are only a few on this board who stand ground with him) with his jesting and playful spirit... He is not a braggart in so much that he just wants to share the excitement and energy he has for this subject. Energy filled with advice, encouragement, and nuttiness that he simply wants to share with all of us. Ask yourself a question how many times have you read a post from Tommy and gone out and attempted the feat or exercise yourself? I will honestly say and admit that Tommy has induced and motivated me many of time to do something I wouldn’t normally try or think I possibly could do. Tommy is a valuable member to us and I appreciate his sense of humor. Even though he does drive 'Wanna' bananas and pushes him around the bend at times (but we must always remember that ‘Wanna’ maybe a buddy but he is also the ‘head honcho’; keeping us wild horses in the corral- and I know we all appreciate him for it). :mosher:rock:bow

Conclusion:

Tommy is an exception to the Grip Board Rules. :yikes

I would not be surprised if he will be the next man to close a #4 and close it for reps; that is if he hasn't already done it and is indeed patiently waiting to pull off a monumental feat as such! I honestly do not think a simple crush is in his heart or mind but rather total obliteration of a current record. ;)

Edited by wells

Roark: Please reread, I said: "in his OWN humble way" and a 'boastful writing style' does not always imply someone is meaning or trying to boast... It's a style with many possible reasons. Remember, not everyone is going to act the way you are I want them to. Just because we would think we are boasting if we wrote such things does not mean that others think the same if they do.

Tommy is his own man. Are you really offended by his posts? I don't think you are, at least I hope you're not. His intention is not to 'boast' or 'brag' but to push our buttons a little.

Come on, sometimes you need to see another perspective to appreaciate an individual that rubs you the wrong way. Tommy is not all that bad and he likes to play around with the rules... as we all do in our own way.

Speed a little or not come to a full stop at a stop sign today? Showing Off, Challenging the Law? No. Just getting by that's all.

Edited by wells

I think you are ticked at me? Sorry, but what are you trying to prove? Or better what is your point? Compassion and tolerance is a sign of a true gentleman, which I consider you to be; you are our resident historian and 'Cliff' so I have much respect for you. I know Tommy has pissed us all off at times but he is come through on too many feats, too many have actually seen his abilities and accomplishments. He has earned his right to post. Yes, he is clown. Why take him so seriously? Let ‘Wanna’ be the hardball it’s his duty to have a limited sense of humor in order to keep us in check. For the rest of us, well… let’s have fun, train real hard, and help each other.

What am I trying to prove? Well... I like to stick up for those who are ‘ganged up’ on or misunderstood... Do you really honestly think Tommy's main reason is to show off? Show offs don't hang around for as long as he has... A Show-Off would not be as consistent as he has been... He has said the talk, but has shown the walk... I think we all need to get along a little bit better. Many times in my life I have not liked an individual but I have been lucky to have had someone make me see the good in them and understand why they act the way they do. Have you ever written Tommy directly? I think you be surprised at what a great guy he is and the encouragement and motivation he offers. Give it a try, you can’t lose.

With all due respect, Wells

Edited by wells

Tommy loves to stir the water up that is for sure. The wildest claim I wish to see is the 2x45 plate pinch lift with two fingers. Do I believe he did this? Yes! But I would love to see it. Can he do 55 reps in 55 mins. CAKE WALK! Oh yes the 5/8 bar in the teeth. Show me Five feet or less, with no leg and you DA MAN! :bow:bow

Where's the love man! LOL

Rule 5 either applies in all or cases or it should not apply at all. What may have to change though is our perception of what a "World-Class" feat is. As it stands closing a #3 is still considered a such a feat. It is not often that I stand by Wanna 100% but I do in this case.

Quite why the nature of Tommy's on-line personality has been raised I do not know. The rules are quite simple - provide proof and you can display as much humility or bragadaccio as you like.

Chris,

Exactly.

And making claims without proof is a sign of which: humility or some other need?

What if 3Crusher, Terminator, Heath and others (like Tommy of known strength)

decided to post claims without proof? We would have people lined up in support of, or opposing, the claims, rather than have people lined up appreciating the proof.

Why do you suppose those three men leading this paragraph do not post such?

Golden Rule 5.

Or maybe they do not need this type attention?

Rule 5 either applies in all or cases or it should not apply at all. What may have to change though is our perception of what a "World-Class" feat is. As it stands closing a #3 is still considered a such a feat. It is not often that I stand by Wanna 100% but I do in this case.

Quite why the nature of Tommy's on-line personality has been raised I do not know. The rules are quite simple - provide proof and you can display as much humility or bragadaccio as you like.

Yes, rules are rules. I try my best to enforce them. Although upgrading to this latest software erased them in the link. HAH!

Good thing everyone knows rule 5! :cool

One little other fact.

When I close a topic like this, Tommy is the only one that usually PM's me and starts asking why it was closed. Now THAT gets on my nerves. :dry

As it stands closing a #3 is still considered a such a feat.
By some. Maybe it is time for a poll.
He is boastful.

He is humble.

Pick one, they cancel each other.

I am with Joe on this one.