Hey Wanna Please Open Gripper32001 Post:

Guest wells

I about peed my pants laughing at this post. I think he honestly just likes to screw around with us to get us up in arms. I bet he enjoys the attention of you locking his posts! You have to admit he is funny in a sick way. He really had a thread going there!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom of Iowa2

• Bill Piche

• Roark

• Rob Vigeant

Tommy,

For the next time you try this feat, get the whole 55+ singles in one continuous take on tape. I'de buy a copy. I bet a lot of other people here would want one too. :rock

After having seen (In The Movie Gallery) Tommy knock out 10 continous reps on a #3, why is it so hard to beleive 50 over an extended period? Hasn't anyone ever done a set of 20-rep squats? It's nearly identical.

I am a long ways from closing my #3, but I can do 15 to 20 sets of doubles with about 1-1.5 minutes rest in between.

Also for our consideration is the fact that he has come rather close to closing the #4 as well. I think there is too much substituting at times, of our own capabilities when we analyze whether one is capable of doing something or not. That's my rant, hope I don't step on any toes with this.

Matt

-Ecclesiastes 9:10-

The FIRST day i got my 1,2 and 3 i must have closed the number 2.........well alot. :tongue Thats first day and I'm not a gripper crusher like Tommy is.

I did multi rep sets,then cooled off did some singles,waited 15 or so minutes did some more closes,doubles then singles,on and on for much of the day.....so i think it's(those multiple single closes of the #3) 'doable' by some crunch monster or another?And Didn't Tommy beat everybody- on the gripper- at Ricks big showdown?

It would be cool to see it on video...but what would Tommy be doing during the one minute rest periods- between singles??A little dance?Disco Songs from the 80's? :) Elvis songs in Spanish?

If anyone could do it or more importantly-WOULD do it...I'd vote for Tommy. :rock

Gripper32001 (Tommy) has won the gripper event at Rick's BFGS this year. He upset Dave Morton and all the big dogs. To me that says a lot about his crushing strength.

Though, the gripboard is the gripboard and no world class claims should be made here without appropriate proof of it that's the RULE.

Amaury.

I've done similar training, hiting singles all day long. The hands warm up and stay warm. With the right mindset and the proven gripper ability Tommy has shown on numerous occasions, I fully, 100% know he did it. Still, I guess rule 5 is rule 5...

I've done similar training, hiting singles all day long.  The hands warm up and stay warm.  With the right mindset and the proven gripper ability Tommy has shown on numerous occasions, I fully, 100% know he did it.  Still, I guess rule 5 is rule 5...

Hitting one (handles touch full close) every minute for 55 straight minutes is different than during hours during a day. :)

I will open the thread as soon as I see proof on tape.

The issue is not whether Tommy did it.

The issue is proof presented that he did it.

Whenever these debates shrink to how many people vote yes he did it against how many people vote no he did not, then the whole matter could have been avoided

by proof.

Over the past hundred years how many people in the strength world believed Inch

in regard to his claims with the 172? How many did not believe him? What do we now know?

How many people believed that Anderson could backlift what he claimed? How many people did not believe him? What do we now know?

Polls prove opinions, not facts.

This is not meant against Tommy, who seems to be upright. This is meant FOR

keeping claims confined to the rules because that is the only manner in which

to be fair- otherwise it becomes a matter of who appears to be upright, which is

not the issue at hand.

The next time I do the "Singles Event" I'll do even more than 55! Any suggestions on how to set up the camera to catch all the action?

Every min. on the min. :rock

:bow "GOD IS THE REAL POWER" :bow

He upset Dave Morton and all the big dogs. To me that says a lot about his crushing strength.

Though, the gripboard is the gripboard and no world class claims should be made here without appropriate proof of it that's the RULE.

I almost added the 'rule'and that i understood it and appreciate the reason for the rule in my post.....but I thought..NNNNaaaaaahhhh.....that goes without saying........... :laugh:laugh

Until i see otherwise--- in competition or via next guy to close the #4 AND get certified???Tommy IS the Crushmonster! :cool

Well ;) and then there is that Nathan Holle guy. :blink

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

Heath & Dave are the crush monsters but thankx Tom of Iowa2. Dave just had a bad day at the contest.They are both stronger than me.& so is Nathan,he can close the #4. :rock

no need to say that. i was beat fair and square. jujst dont slack off, next year is a new game!

Heath & Dave are the crush monsters but thankx Tom of Iowa2. Dave just had a bad day at the contest.They are both stronger than me.& so is Nathan,he can close the #4. :rock

Tommy,I remember when I first discussed the accomplishments of my former training partner Josh Bigger...... it was met with scepticism,perhaps total disbelief and it was suggested(by forum members) that to prove himself he should be 'certified'(even though he had shut a #3 first touch ever in front of MANY witnesses)and /or compete in a competition.

However, when I brought these posts to Josh's attention he indicated he could 'care less' what others thought-and actually thought the posts were humorous- these thoughts regarding competition(more so than certification)DID stick in the back of MY mind.

Josh of course has competed once and competed against such well known grip masters as Wade&Karl G,Phil Pfister,Odd Haugen,and oulifted pro strongmen Don pope,Brian Schoonveld etc....he proved himself...even if it was just for the money ;)

You competed and you won(that event)and although you may be correct in your assessment of the others and I will add there may be others ;) that are even stronger than you too ......???long story short...'You're IT'

And of course-goes without saying-'IT'meaning just a step behind Nathan Holle until proven otherwise. :bow

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

I think you'll get more than 55 next time Tommy!! Best of luck with your training bro!! :bow

May not be the best crusher Tommy but I think your among the best for sure!!

Stay healthy and close that #4!

Same for all the guys bearing down on that #4.

Dave, Heath, David Horne, Wade G, and any others that are going for it!!!!

Tommy, you never answered my question about sending Heath your #4. It continues to come up.

People seem to give Tommy a tough time. I think what he says he can do is true. I remember people doubting his 10 reps on a #3. Well he did 10 reps that in my opinion has to be one of the best rep performances ever. Instead of only opening the gripper about a inch after each close he lets it open nearly all the way. Hes also done the double no set #3 close and as Tom mentioned won the grippers at Ricks contest.

IF Tommy's not the best 'gripper crusher'in the world??(behind Nathan Holle)well....he IS the best 'gripper crusher' pound for pound then?! :cool and Nathan -who is about as big as I was when i was a jr in highschool- has Tommy by 25 lbs :laugh

I realize-at this point in history-that grip is different from other sports /activities(and Tommy probably doesn't want any special credit for being very light in bodyweight)but there is a pretty good reason that there are weight classes in most sports that require strength and power......and Tommy hangs with the big boys on that gripper.

It's unlikely that light heavy weight great.Roy Jones Jr.is going to fight heavyweight champ Lewis and I don't think Gable in his prime would consider a match with Karelin.Even the UFC which used to be the wild west(no weight classes)now has VERY specific weight classes and a middle weight champion isn't going to fight heavyweight champ-from Iowa :cool -Tim Sylvia any time soon.

Only Breznek in Arm Wrestling is able to give up so much weight to an opponent or only Ed Coan in powerlifting(and Coan still can't bench with the 'supers').....and both of them are considered the best EVER at their individual sports.....a bit early to say that about Tommy of course...again weightclasses are there for a reason in strength sports....which makes Tommy's ability-at least somewhat amazing?

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

I really don't think size has that much to do with grip training- Kinda like saying someone is the "pound for pound chess champion", I wonder if grip strength pound for pound means anything.

Out of all the super-strong gripper guys, I think Sorin is probably the biggest, but still by no means a true super heavy. And the #4 closers are smaller.

Bigger guys might have a better time on thickbar events, but then again I imagine that might relate more closely to height than weight.

Tommy,

the nest time you try your singles marathon, a piece of athletic tape around the pinky may preserve your skin some, either there or on the end of the gripper... just a thought.

I agree with Bob. Size is not that relevant with grip. There are some advantages with a large hand when it comes to gripper setting and thickbar, but there are also disadvantages too.

Guest gripmaster316

I second that. While people with 8 inch plus hands the set is pretty easy but as you close the gripper having a big hand becomes less of an advantage.

By the way, I am merely enforcing the rules EVERYONE here agreed to with near or world class type feats. THAT is why the thread was locked, period!