Armwrestlers grip? Derek Smith, Vitaly and Ermes

Tommy J.
13 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

Completely agree that this is a bs way to run a comp, should never favour one event over another like that. It's the same way the strongman games is being ran this year, you have to do a massive log fo reps first event that most are going to zero as it's way too heavy, will end up messing up the entire contests scoring. Simple answer, put a lighter option in to seperate the other athletes and the points, in silver bullets case, a #3.

I can agree that a #3 would be fair. Then if someone wants to go for a WR SB hold with a #4 they can do that off to the side or after the comp. that way everyone gets to watch the brand new #4 come out of the package and get handed straight to the challenger(s), if any. And it’s not like we’d see much more time than 90 or so seconds on a #3. So it wouldn’t add a great deal of time due to being easier/longer to hold. I mean if we picked a #1 or something, then times could get ridiculous. Especially if we did 3 attempts on it. So it does need to be a #3 or higher to keep times from getting out of hand.

I just really don’t see any other way to keep fair scoring for multiple level grippers in that event. Either everybody uses the same gripper and we score the time, or we should just go back to rated closes.

Hopefully
On 3/2/2021 at 1:59 AM, Alawadhi said:

So I've tested all three. Derek Smith, Vitaly Laletin and Ermes Gasparini. Derek came yesterday and Vitaly/Ermes came tonight with Larry Wheels. They will all post on their channel and I was told not to spoil anything yet. But guys, all of them are very strong. And Vitaly has gigantic hands and is 6'9". See attached. 

For you who don't know Ermes, see his match against MMT. He is really strong.

20210302_003207.jpg

When will they post anything, do you know? Nothing as of yet 🤔😐

Alawadhi
17 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

When will they post anything, do you know? Nothing as of yet 🤔😐

I didn't follow up as Larry and his crew are in Istanbul now. But they were waiting for Igor's blessings. 

• Like 1
slazbob
19 hours ago, Climber028 said:

I always thought the setting block was used because a parallel set is difficult to judge while passing a block through the handles is objective.

The video I saw of Jedd at his comp explained it the way I did.

David_wigren

Look at Bader not being far off from Vitaly at unbraced bending even though he’s been out of steel bending for like 8 years or so💪. Technique looked very rusty though 

• Like 2
Alawadhi
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Look at Bader not being far off from Vitaly at unbraced bending even though he’s been out of steel bending for like 8 years or so💪. Technique looked very rusty though 

Thanks buddy 👊🏻😎 Technique was bad and I wasn't even wearing sports. Rather our national cloth which is tighter to move from the torso and above.

But it was fun! It felt amazing to bend again. I will upload few more video later on. In that video it doesn't show Vitaly lifting the 2 35s. He did when I showed him the best way for him to lift. He was happy about it too. 

Will also post Dereks videos. Also, I found another guy. A real guy with no grip training (please don't argue that). Not some Kinney like dude. Away from fairy tales and bigfoot, his name is Oumar Kane. A Senegalese MMA heavyweight fighter in One Championship. He is Khaleds friend along with some other current UFC heavyweight fighters. Will get them all to test their grip in the Grip Temple AKA dungeon. Already got Omar. Amazing strong fellow! Did what every rookie grip athlete want to achieve. He closed easy 3 down to 0.5 MM (not on video) with a very bad set. Lifted the Inch easily. Lifted the blob easily. Lifted my very hard 2 35s too. Bench pressed 2 70 kg dumbbells for reps. He is going to UFC in 2 years and promised Frances Naggannou (sp?) He is next 😅. He is a monster for sure who never lost a match yet.

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
Alawadhi

Forgot to post this

Derek closed the #3, lifted the blob, lifted the inch, lifted the millennium trainer,..etc @Wannagrip Bill Piche once said in Larry's topic (last year when I met him to do grip the first time) strong is strong. Derek is super strong and did those without specific training. He said he had competed in few Odd Haugens grip challenge but that's it. I wish I've gotten my 200 pounds Salahny (sp?) inch so he could've tried it too (I got it today). Soon I will upload Omar Kane videos, the Senegalese MMA fighter whom I tested last week. Again, strong is strong. 

• Like 2