More Squats

Strong Man

Well i've worked my way up to a 300lbs squat i plan on going up 20lbs every week i know thats a big jump but we'll see what happens.

Do you perform a powerlifting squat or an Olympic squat?

Do you go parallel or rock bottom, or somewhere in between?

What other leg movements do you do in your training?

-Jedd-

i usually do Olympic, i start by doing 225lbs for 2 reps than 245x2 275x2 300x1 225x6 225x10 than i might do some leg curls.

Leg curls???

Forget those leg curls, bro. Go for Glute Ham Raises and Romanian Deadlifts.

-Jedd-

Edited by Jedd Johnson

Yah, forget leg curls. Do something that works the posterior (lower back, gluteal, hamstrings) chain. Good mornings (seriously the best exercise), glute ham raises, heavy reverse hypers, RDL's.

I really believe that heavy good mornings, reverse hypers, and ghr's really helped my squat, and dynamic box squatting. When I first started westside, I was pushing 335lbs, and I'm *EASILY* over a 500lb squatter now. I'm guessing I'll be squatting about 525+ in 5 weeks.

Ahh, wish I could squat. For some reason, I cant get the correct form. Can't do parallel or olympic. I stick to deadlifts and front squats (to parallel).

In less than a year, you'll own the world record!!

haha, u bet !

First 9 weeks 335 --> 405

Next 9 Weeks 405 --> 485

This 9 weeks 485 --> and beyond ;) I just want to break 500, but I'm not holding myself to that number. I want to hit 600 around the same time I crush the #3. Be two nice goals to achieve at the same time. I could be squatting 600 WHILE holding the #3 shut :laugh:laugh

i don't care about good mornings i just stick to squats they work everything!!!!.

Edited by Strong Man

When I first started westside, I was pushing 335lbs, and I'm *EASILY* over a 500lb squatter now. I'm guessing I'll be squatting about 525+ in 5 weeks.

Was that a Olympic style squat? In other words below parallel, no gear, high bar and no wider than a shoulder width stance.

I could care less for weightlifting depth. I powerlift, so I go hip on same horizon as knee.

Wide stance (6-7") past shoulder width.

Gear: Z-suit (no straps, just the bottom on)

Did this turn into squatting weightlifting depth is the only way?

I've close stance (hip width) on a 13" box w/ 425 if that is a better number to compare :P

ya i only use a belt, and i'm now at a 320lbs squat!!

i now do 20 reps with 225lbs as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I could squat :(

Even lifting my bodyweight from a squat position makes a loud cracking sound and pain in my knees, and I'd rather not mess them up any more than they already are.

oh well... there is always deadlifts... which are better...