Drug free arm wrestling league?

Joe Sullivan

Joe Sullivan

Here is a video from Rob Vigeant Jr. and his possible plans to start a drug free arm wrestling league. I hope this happens. I also  Hope I’m not violating the rules on this... If so, I’m sure I will he told and this will be removed. 

Ivan Pupchenko
5 hours ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Here is a video from Rob Vigeant Jr. and his possible plans to start a drug free arm wrestling league. I hope this happens. I also  Hope I’m not violating the rules on this... If so, I’m sure I will he told and this will be removed. 

Joe, you know, there is such an expression - "The general level of intelligence on Earth is constant and unchanging, but the number of the world's population is growing." Or something like that. I don't know how exactly translate on english. But this principle clearly works. I have been in strength sports for a pretty long time - my first competition was 23 years ago, and during this time I have seen enough of all kinds of "doping-tested leagues" in different sports. In some I took an active part and actively campaigned for people there. But in the current state of what replaces the majority of the brain for most peoples, all this is more like something happening under the slogan "BEES AGAINST HONEY" .

When your first euphoria from what is happening passes and the veil leaves your eyes, you realize that you continue to compete with the very same steroid lovers, but just with lazy steroid lovers. Which after each competition, when you drive their hand into the pillow, simply add another drug to their "everlasting course" or increase the dosage by 20-30 percent. As a result, your elbows start to hurt every year more and more from hard training. and your places in the lists of competitions are getting lower every season. It's just that it's not happening as fast as in the "league where everyone is equal in the right to exchange protein for propionate"

It’s much easier to just keep exercising to the best of your ability, and do what you can at the table. And all these geeks, for the most part, become thin again in a few years. Or even more fun - dying of a stroke, blood sugar spikes, or cancer ... 

This year, at the championship of our region, too, such a young 21-year-old talent became the first in the open. Gained 16kg of lean muscle in 9 months, probably 15 of them on the arms, shoulders and back. On the left I was still able to defeat him, but not on the right. Well, I just drew conclusions about what needs to be changed in training, and I will follow the development of his mutations ... 

• Like 1
Joe Sullivan
5 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Joe, you know, there is such an expression - "The general level of intelligence on Earth is constant and unchanging, but the number of the world's population is growing." Or something like that. I don't know how exactly translate on english. But this principle clearly works. I have been in strength sports for a pretty long time - my first competition was 23 years ago, and during this time I have seen enough of all kinds of "doping-tested leagues" in different sports. In some I took an active part and actively campaigned for people there. But in the current state of what replaces the majority of the brain for most peoples, all this is more like something happening under the slogan "BEES AGAINST HONEY" .

When your first euphoria from what is happening passes and the veil leaves your eyes, you realize that you continue to compete with the very same steroid lovers, but just with lazy steroid lovers. Which after each competition, when you drive their hand into the pillow, simply add another drug to their "everlasting course" or increase the dosage by 20-30 percent. As a result, your elbows start to hurt every year more and more from hard training. and your places in the lists of competitions are getting lower every season. It's just that it's not happening as fast as in the "league where everyone is equal in the right to exchange protein for propionate"

It’s much easier to just keep exercising to the best of your ability, and do what you can at the table. And all these geeks, for the most part, become thin again in a few years. Or even more fun - dying of a stroke, blood sugar spikes, or cancer ... 

This year, at the championship of our region, too, such a young 21-year-old talent became the first in the open. Gained 16kg of lean muscle in 9 months, probably 15 of them on the arms, shoulders and back. On the left I was still able to defeat him, but not on the right. Well, I just drew conclusions about what needs to be changed in training, and I will follow the development of his mutations ... 

I understand completely.... and I would compete in both tested and untested... as I have no fear of competing with geared people... just would just be nice to have the option of tested competition. Would love to see it...

• Like 1
Ivan Pupchenko
1 hour ago, Joe Sullivan said:

I understand completely.... and I would compete in both tested and untested... as I have no fear of competing with geared people... just would just be nice to have the option of tested competition. Would love to see it...

I would also like to see it and participate in it! And not because I'm naive - I just try not to lose faith in the presence of something good in people! 

But you have to accept reality. Testing prices are roughly the same all over the world. A simple test for metabolites of testosterone analogs and some of the most common drugs costs from 500 dollars in Ukraine (with an average monthly salary of 200. for 300 you already have to gnaw someone's throat to take his place). It is cheap because the Ukrainian laboratory lost its license in 2013 or 2014. The results of her work are such that people use 2-3 ampoules of propionate a few hours before the competition as a pre-workout, instead of coffee. And when they get off, they pass a "clean" test and have the same documents as those posted by Jesse Pynnönen. 

In Europe, and I think that in the USA, it costs from 1000 dollars. Testing according to the "Olympic program" which catches everything that athletes from unwanted countries are caught on - caffeine from chocolate, ibuprofen drunk a month ago, and more - the price starts from 10,000 dollars. And it grows as the list of drugs that are searched increases Using methods that allow you to find analogs of growth hormone and peptide complexes - the price rises several times. 

It should be understood that armwrestling, like most strength sports, will never attract such sponsorship money to conduct such testing even selectively. This is not baseball, or basketball - this money will not come back on beer commercials ... 

And what about testing for 500-1000 dollars - now at the European and World Armwrestling Championships this is done. Winners draw lots and losers go to pee in a test tube. But even when carrying out analyzes in really good laboratories, the effectiveness of the methods is such that they catch those who have not undergone any "cleaning" at all, or who used drugs immediately before competition. There are precedents when ephedrine or geranium was found in very "prepared" athletes, which they excluded for months, but did not find sustanon and more. Although the majority of testosterone analogues were found up to several years, even after minimal courses, even at the stage of development of testing at the level of 2010! Bulgarians are not caught at all, because the president of the world federation is Bulgarian. Russians are caught because they are from Russia. Ukrainians because they use cheap counterfeit drugs, whose metabolites are hard to hide . Few kazakhs, because they occupy too many places on the podium .. And the rest are all "clean, white and fluffy" ...

• Like 1
Joe Sullivan
9 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

I would also like to see it and participate in it! And not because I'm naive - I just try not to lose faith in the presence of something good in people! 

But you have to accept reality. Testing prices are roughly the same all over the world. A simple test for metabolites of testosterone analogs and some of the most common drugs costs from 500 dollars in Ukraine (with an average monthly salary of 200. for 300 you already have to gnaw someone's throat to take his place). It is cheap because the Ukrainian laboratory lost its license in 2013 or 2014. The results of her work are such that people use 2-3 ampoules of propionate a few hours before the competition as a pre-workout, instead of coffee. And when they get off, they pass a "clean" test and have the same documents as those posted by Jesse Pynnönen. 

In Europe, and I think that in the USA, it costs from 1000 dollars. Testing according to the "Olympic program" which catches everything that athletes from unwanted countries are caught on - caffeine from chocolate, ibuprofen drunk a month ago, and more - the price starts from 10,000 dollars. And it grows as the list of drugs that are searched increases Using methods that allow you to find analogs of growth hormone and peptide complexes - the price rises several times. 

It should be understood that armwrestling, like most strength sports, will never attract such sponsorship money to conduct such testing even selectively. This is not baseball, or basketball - this money will not come back on beer commercials ... 

And what about testing for 500-1000 dollars - now at the European and World Armwrestling Championships this is done. Winners draw lots and losers go to pee in a test tube. But even when carrying out analyzes in really good laboratories, the effectiveness of the methods is such that they catch those who have not undergone any "cleaning" at all, or who used drugs immediately before competition. There are precedents when ephedrine or geranium was found in very "prepared" athletes, which they excluded for months, but did not find sustanon and more. Although the majority of testosterone analogues were found up to several years, even after minimal courses, even at the stage of development of testing at the level of 2010! Bulgarians are not caught at all, because the president of the world federation is Bulgarian. Russians are caught because they are from Russia. Ukrainians because they use cheap counterfeit drugs, whose metabolites are hard to hide . Few kazakhs, because they occupy too many places on the podium .. And the rest are all "clean, white and fluffy" ...

It’s very sad. I understand. Even if there is testing it is very expensive and they can still beat it or be on it the rest of the year and get off around contest time. It’s like there is no way to escape it..... sad....

• Like 1
Tommy J.
On 2/26/2021 at 9:14 PM, Ivan Pupchenko said:

So do all natty’s pretty much wish death on geared folks?.. is losing to them that devastating? Jeez..

If so that’s wrong. And makes you no better, nor does it give you any more moral high ground over the guy who allegedly “cheats” you. In fact, it makes you an even worse person in many peoples eyes.

think about that.

how old did you say you were?..

I agree tho. At this point I hope a “natty” league does happen. Although RVJ has no business in it. I don’t care what he says. He’s the textbook user who lies about it. Probably the worst case I have ever seen, besides a couple superstars in IPF.

true nattys need to take that into consideration before cheering for a guy like RVJ. A true strong natty doesn’t need to sit and do a denial video. Especially a talented one. A talented natty that only just barely gets out performed by a user should know that all they have to do to get right back in first place is go on themselves. And then the pecking order is right back how it’s supposed to be. Crying and fit throwing won’t help. It’s here to stay. Fight fire with fire, or get out of the way and let someone else do it.

• Like 1
Wannagrip

Yeah, drug discussions are against the rules so rather than locking let's just consider this thread done.  This whole discussion applies to most sports in reality and the fact of the matter is drugs are here to stay when people are looking for an advantage in competition.  And, there is always the instant gratification factor that grows daily with social media.  Most doctors want to throw drugs at medical conditions with shot gunning the norm.  Drug use continues to rise on all fronts of life. unfortunately.

• Like 1