Fat gripz extreme (2.75”) carryover

Noobishindi

How beneficial would these be as a carryover to RT? For general hand strength I’m sure they’d be great. I currently have the 2” thick handles which are usually always on my dumbbells for anything dB related, but I’ve stuck them on a barbell for timed static holds the last few weeks. I figured a thicker pair would help out even more for grip? 

2 hours ago, Noobishindi said:

How beneficial would these be as a carryover to RT? For general hand strength I’m sure they’d be great. I currently have the 2” thick handles which are usually always on my dumbbells for anything dB related, but I’ve stuck them on a barbell for timed static holds the last few weeks. I figured a thicker pair would help out even more for grip? 

Hello!

If you already have 2" thick handles they would carryover well for the RT. Some advanced guys here are always training on the axle and they do well on thickbar events. So if you'd like to invest in something that helps out even more than what you already have, I would suggest a high quality rolling handle, like the country crush, crusher, etc.

Anyway, if you can't afford that expense yet, stick to the timed static holds, and your thickbar strength will improve a lot 🤘

Blue and Orange Fat Grips are great.  My favorite exercise with them is Dumbbell Farmers Walks.  It's 70 yards around my house - start with the Blue and work up your DB Rack over time.  Then use the Orange and do the same.  I think the secret is the "bounce" that walking gives you - that quick hit of overload works well for strength.

Of course they can also take the place of either a 2 or 3" Axle for all your regular lifts.  They aren't exactly the same diameter on all bars but plenty close enough.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Noobishindi said:

They carryover very well, more so the extremes and more so when using very free spinning bars. Can also of course use single pulley handle lifts on a loading pin or for cable work etc

I’ve found another brand that’s 3” so now am torn between the two. Does anyone have any experience with the 3” handle or if it’s worth getting something so thick? 

Apologies for the confusion:

-I’m looking to purchase fat grips 2.75” or Ironbull 3” to add to my collection.

-The pair of thicker handles I currently own are a 2” pair from manus grip (I think they’re 2” but I’ve never actually measured).