Joe Sullivan’s Grip training log

Joe Sullivan

Just now, slazbob said:

And I do enjoy seeing them Joe! No worries 

I do to. I wish more would post! It seems like no one does anymore outside of a few people. This place is boring as can be...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

I do to. I wish more would post! It seems like no one does anymore outside of a few people. This place is boring as can be...

It is! But as much as I want to see some great lifts, I still come here for the gripper stuff...maybe I am a nerd 🤓

3 minutes ago, slazbob said:

It is! But as much as I want to see some great lifts, I still come here for the gripper stuff...maybe I am a nerd 🤓

Haha yes... the gripper crowd seems to be the nerdiest of all.... but in a good way. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

It's great stuff you're posting. Thanks for keeping the lifeline. 

I've debated putting my log here - but it's like...deadly boring in terms of grip stuff. Far off from feats, barely structured, limited implements and grip is just a small to medium part of the whole thing. "Dad" training as it were. 

3 minutes ago, Phil S said:

It's great stuff you're posting. Thanks for keeping the lifeline. 

I've debated putting my log here - but it's like...deadly boring in terms of grip stuff. Far off from feats, barely structured, limited implements and grip is just a small to medium part of the whole thing. "Dad" training as it were. 

I reduced my training to only axles, Saxon bars, anvils And inch dumbbells And my specialty, sledgehammers. I have a greatly reduced the kind of exercises I am doing, and only doing the ones that give the most bang for your buck and are the most impressive to people on the outside. I don’t waste my time with the little implements anymore as no one can relate to those, just a meat and potatoes as you see in my log. You should not let that stop you from putting your logon here though, it is a nice way to record! I actually left a grip board last year and all the stuff I had previously posted is gone And I’ve started from scratch. Definitely regret that.

5 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

How is the 3.5 tns coming alone Joe? Have you laid the grippers aside completely?

Yes I have totally stopped doing grippers a few months ago, I was starting to feel arthritic pain in between my palm and my joints. The pain went away as soon as I stopped grippers. They weren’t helping anything else but rippers anyway so I threw them to the wayside. Definitely have not missed them. I was very close with the 3.5 TNS as well!

2 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

The board needs a new "hatch" of grip guys like came in 4-5 years ago. It would also be nice if the bitter pricks that pop in only to piss on the new guys picnic would stay away.

Steve, it is the oddest thing I’ve ever seen. It seems like most people on this board want to pick apart and critique things rather than build each other up. Maybe that is why a lot of people hesitate to post? What do you think? It seems like no one post anything anymore as far as grip feats or lifts. Isn’t that the point of this in the first place? In my experience, a lot of people in grip are very eccentric and a little odd, not excluding myself of course ha ha but it seems like the board has a culture of doing exactly what you just said, pissing on other people rather than helping or building up. Very strange indeed.

17 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

The energy will have to be generated organically. People will have to show up with optimism and enough strength to make it stick so this board looks enticing. I started here when that was the case. The board needs a new Tim Butler, Gil Goodman, Merkle, etc. I also think it needs vendors with renewed enthusiasm akin to what Cannon is bringing. This board is teetering on becoming a storefront for Cannon Powerworks.

It’s tumble weed city....

31 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

It’s tumble weed city....

I think there Is nothing “new” when it comes to this....it’s hard to grab veterans attention with the same old things. I can only like a tns no.3 so many times, ya know? 
I’ve seen the inch lifted, I’ve seen the millennium lifted, I’ve seen over 500lbs on the axel...

it’s not the same anymore because it’s the same, ya know?

we don’t have the zest, the whole reason why we do these things....on here anymore.

a gold nail cert, or a no.4 cert will breathe new life once that happens and people will be talking again. But training and what’s working for you should still be the base for this place. 

• Like 1

The feat list is super outdated, they didnt even have legacy blobs on there until I asked about it, not many people submitting feats for judging anymore either. It needs an overhaul, it could be really cool if someone had time and inclination to reorganize and update it.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Some inch dumbbell work

15 reps double 125 baby inch deadlifts

super level Thomas inch dumbbell 172 and anvil combo lift

https://youtube.com/shorts/AwRddelEptI?feature=share

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...