Julius Maddox Newest WR: 355kg (782.5lbs)

Mike Rinderle

Made it look like a warmup.  Definitely more in the tank.  800 coming soon.

• Like 9

I have read a couple rumors he has 800 in him, but is waiting to get paid.  He should go get it before he gets hurt.

• Like 1

Historically this doesn't hold up but this seems to be an outlier that doesn't apply to the rule of once a milestone hits a bunch of people will also get it, like the 4 minute mile. Is anybody else even close to getting 750, even in the near future? Just seems so far ahead of anybody else it's insane. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I have read a couple rumors he has 800 in him, but is waiting to get paid.  He should go get it before he gets hurt.

I think he'll get it. Another crazy thing about this guy is that he has only trained for a little more than five years! 

Most people who reach this kind of level has trained for it since they were kids. But not this guy. That's pretty remarkble I think. He has super genetics for sure. He might be the most dominant athlete in the world right now, not just in BP but counting all sports.

• Like 1

Everyone is equal - well some people are a little more equal than others :).    And it all looks well not exactly easy but not "limit" either

• Like 2

Great thread. I could care less about Powerlifting, but when my kid called me on Monday, to tell me about it, I said, “Yeah, on saw a video on it already, it was impressive”. 

All his life, he always thought his father was more wired into the world than he is. The Legend continues.👍

• Haha 2

On 2/23/2021 at 11:12 AM, Climber028 said:

Historically this doesn't hold up but this seems to be an outlier that doesn't apply to the rule of once a milestone hits a bunch of people will also get it, like the 4 minute mile. Is anybody else even close to getting 750, even in the near future? Just seems so far ahead of anybody else it's insane. 

I agree here. This won’t be a 4 minute mile breakthrough scenario. IMO, Kirill did have 750 in him at the time of his 738 WR. That practically looked like an opener lift for him. However, 800?.. I’m gonna guess no. Kirill is one of the guys that took about 20 years to get to his WR performance on the bench. So it’s unlikely there are any changes he could have made to see another 50lbs+.

at one time, I wasn’t a fan of Julius. I kind of hated on his sunken chest bounce pause technique. And felt at the time he took the WR from kirill, that kirill still showed more dominance of the weight. Thus in my mind, making him still the champ. However, Julius has so far surpassed kirills super strict WR via ridiculous extra poundage that there is no doubt in my mind Julius is stronger. I believe that Julius could possibly do a double with Kirills previous WR. Just as strict as kirill did it for a single.

also, the next closest active benchers are either barely at 700, or just below it. And those guys have also been at it far longer than Julius. So I don’t see any of those guys making a 100lb+ improvement this late in the game.

On 2/23/2021 at 11:01 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

Agreed. At his current level, there would be no bounce back to his current weights if he gets injured.

for conversations sake, i know that the MMT and Levan match has potential to hold out for more money. But I honestly don’t see Julius getting any more money off of an 800lb bench vs his current already staggering WR. 

no powerlifter is going to get rich of their talent anyways unless they use their strength along side other more lucrative means. Like podcasts, advertisements, supplements, their own equipment line, a big YouTube channel, or even making a transition to a better paying sport like strongman.

because I don’t know about you guys, but I won’t be paying to see him break his own record. Even if it’s breaking that 800lb barrier. At this point just hearing that he did it would be good enough for me to believe it. We all know he’s gonna, so long as no injury occurs. Because he’s only still a pup in his strength training exploits. ...which sounds so crazy to say!

On 2/23/2021 at 11:28 AM, climber511 said:

Everyone is equal - well some people are a little more equal than others :).    And it all looks well not exactly easy but not "limit" either

Hey this gives me an idea! We should send his lift to bernie.. and have Bernie make a law that takes Julius’ over the top strength so the rest of us can have some of it! No way it’s fair that he has that much more strength than us! 🤪

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

I agree here. This won’t be a 4 minute mile breakthrough scenario. IMO, Kirill did have 750 in him at the time of his 738 WR. That practically looked like an opener lift for him. However, 800?.. I’m gonna guess no. Kirill is one of the guys that took about 20 years to get to his WR performance on the bench. So it’s unlikely there are any changes he could have made to see another 50lbs+.

at one time, I wasn’t a fan of Julius. I kind of hated on his sunken chest bounce pause technique. And felt at the time he took the WR from kirill, that kirill still showed more dominance of the weight. Thus in my mind, making him still the champ. However, Julius has so far surpassed kirills super strict WR via ridiculous extra poundage that there is no doubt in my mind Julius is stronger. I believe that Julius could possibly do a double with Kirills previous WR. Just as strict as kirill did it for a single.

also, the next closest active benchers are either barely at 700, or just below it. And those guys have also been at it far longer than Julius. So I don’t see any of those guys making a 100lb+ improvement this late in the game.

I'm guessing he could easily double Kirill's PR.  Here he is doing 725x2 8 months ago.  He's much much stronger now. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I'm guessing he could easily double Kirill's PR.  Here he is doing 725x2 8 months ago.  He's much much stronger now. 

Agreed. If not easily right now, then easily in the near future. In fact, I hope he does! As it would bitch slap any doubt that he’s the undisputed king of the bench press. Doing a double with the next heaviest raw bench press in history would indeed be amazing.

it could easily be comparable to someone doing a convincing double with 501k on the deadlift.

btw, I straight up LOVE that the current WR bench press is right here at home in the USA. Where it belongs IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, Tommy J. said:

Agreed. If not easily right now, then easily in the near future. In fact, I hope he does! As it would bitch slap any doubt that he’s the undisputed king of the bench press. Doing a double with the next heaviest raw bench press in history would indeed be amazing.

it could easily be comparable to someone doing a convincing double with 501k on the deadlift.

btw, I straight up LOVE that the current WR bench press is right here at home in the USA. Where it belongs IMO.

I could be wrong on this... but isn’t there only 1 official 700lb+ raw bencher not native to the USA?

8 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

I could be wrong on this... but isn’t there only 1 official 700lb+ raw bencher not native to the USA?

I believe that is correct. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Agreed. At his current level, there would be no bounce back to his current weights if he gets injured.

for conversations sake, i know that the MMT and Levan match has potential to hold out for more money. But I honestly don’t see Julius getting any more money off of an 800lb bench vs his current already staggering WR. 

no powerlifter is going to get rich of their talent anyways unless they use their strength along side other more lucrative means. Like podcasts, advertisements, supplements, their own equipment line, a big YouTube channel, or even making a transition to a better paying sport like strongman.

because I don’t know about you guys, but I won’t be paying to see him break his own record. Even if it’s breaking that 800lb barrier. At this point just hearing that he did it would be good enough for me to believe it. We all know he’s gonna, so long as no injury occurs. Because he’s only still a pup in his strength training exploits. ...which sounds so crazy to say!

I believe he is negotiating a higher appearance fee from a comp to hit it at their event.  Again, just innerweb rumors.

20 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I believe he is negotiating a higher appearance fee from a comp to hit it at their event.  Again, just innerweb rumors.

Interesting. I had no idea any PL org paid athletes to choose their meets. In that case, I hope he doesn’t get iced via lengthy negotiations. In the event that happened, he could potentially mess around and miss a peak strength opportunity to hit the 800. Over a couple hundred or even a couple thousand bucks no less.. wouldn’t really be worth holding out IMO.