Training log of MarkP. Road to 15 inch forearms,CoC 3.0 Close and 30 pullups

markp

41 minutes ago, markp said:

I need some help

I think my training routine is not optimal. Right now i do every day 1-2x per day this routine in this order: pyramid with captains of crush, expand your hand band 1 set to failure, then wrist roller flexion and extension to failure with 10 kg, and then radial and ulnar deviation with a dumbell that is empty on 1 side to failure for 1 set. Then i do some pullups, pushups and i do the horse stance for legs

I feel like im not progressing as much as i should be, and i really want to close the coc 3 this year. Im thinking of not training everyday anymore but maybe training every other day or every 3rd day

My question is then what should my routine look like if i train every other day? Or maybe every 3rd day. Becuase i realized what im doing now is not optimal for my grip strength and im kinda stalling

Train 3 times a week with grippers.

This is Nathan holle's program he can close a no.4 with a credit card set.

All credit obviously goes to him.

Parellel sets on Tuesday and Saturday.

The light day speaks for itself.

Do your forearm work after your grip training.

Use the expand your hands bands for recovery after your grip and forearm training.

20211127_002543.jpg

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

This is Nathan holle's program the only person that is a certified no.4 closer with the new credit card set rules.

Is that accurate? I believe he has posted video of #4 CCS closes, but he did not originally certify with that rule. And I have not heard that he re-certified with CCS (like Sorin did for example).  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Is that accurate? I believe he has posted video of #4 CCS closes, but he did not originally certify with that rule. And I have not heard that he re-certified with CCS (like Sorin did for example).  

Oh I remember reading somewhere that he got certified under the new rules.

But after reading this I am not sure.

Thanks for chiming in Matt!

I will edit my comment.

I don't want to spread misinformation.

It's quite confusing to me sometimes that the people that closed the 4 with a parallel set are on the same list as the people that closed the 4 with a credit card set so thanks for correcting me.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Train 3 times a week with grippers.

This is Nathan holle's program he can close a no.4 with a credit card set.

All credit obviously goes to him.

Parellel sets on Tuesday and Saturday.

The light day speaks for itself.

Do your forearm work after your grip training.

Use the expand your hands bands for recovery after your grip and forearm training.

20211127_002543.jpg

Thanks, i will try this

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevilErik said:

It's quite confusing to me sometimes that the people that closed the 4 with a parallel set are on the same list as the people that closed the 4 with a credit card set so thanks for correcting me.

I could have missed an announcement but I don’t think he has. And the #3 list is as you described.. mixed. But nobody has certified on the #4 using the credit card yet. Many argue that Joe’s set was likely that wide, but many also simply argue about Joe’s cert. 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I could have missed an announcement but I don’t think he has. And the #3 list is as you described.. mixed. But nobody has certified on the #4 using the credit card yet. Many argue that Joe’s set was likely that wide, but many also simply argue about Joe’s cert. 😅

You know a lot more than me when it comes to the people that are certified and the people that aren't.

I wasn't aware of Nathan not being certified under the new rules.

I watched the video of him closing the no.4 with a credit card set and I saw his name on the list so I thought he was certified under the new rules for some reason despite it not being a certification video.

But now I know he isn't certified under the new rules.

It was just a big brain fart I guess.

Haha I know there's a lot of controversy going on regarding Joe Kinney's certification.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

Ive settled on this routine i have a 10 kg barbell with some weights in my room now, i have very little space so the barbell is in front of my bed lol

I do most of these exercises with 30 kg this is the routine i settled on

Barbell wrist curls

Barbell reverse wrist curls

Captains of crush or finger curls with barbell overhand grip standing

Picking up the barbell by the 10 kg plates and lifting it slightly (reeves deadlift?)

Then radial and ulnar deviation with a dumbell that is empty on 1 side

And finally expand your hand bands

I can not help but do this everyday, i think im addicted to training my forearms. I think it would be more optimal to train like 3x per week but if im in the mood i will just train everyday. I will keep an eye out if anything starts hurting but so far nothing bad happened

Okay i am training 3x per week from now on. Im not injured but i notice my grips been underrecovering. This is my current routine.

No more routine changes now lol.

monday wednesday friday

Pullups 3 sets

Captains of crush 3 sets

Wrist curl 3 sets

Reverse  wrist curl 3 sets

Reverse curl 3 sets

Hammer curl 3 sets

Pinch lift

Expand hand bands 3 sets

Im confident that i can close the 3.0 this year.

Edited by markp