How do you train your extensors?

pancho_grip_lift

Hello friends from the board!

As the title says, I'd like to know how do you train them, since I tried the mini bands method (with a couple of brands) and they eventually break as one gets stronger. Are there any products that would be a durable option to train this type of grip strength? Also I'd like to know which exercises are good to compensate all the crushing movements we do in gripsport. 

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

On 05/02/2021 at 2:56 PM, pancho_grip_lift said:

Hello friends from the board!

As the title says, I'd like to know how do you train them, since I tried the mini bands method (with a couple of brands) and they eventually break as one gets stronger. Are there any products that would be a durable option to train this type of grip strength? Also I'd like to know which exercises are good to compensate all the crushing movements we do in gripsport. 

Thanks in advance!

The Ironmind bands are great and will keep your elbows healthy, ive had mine since 2009 and a few have snapped now but they have lasted a long time. 

Personally i prefer exercises like thumbless reverse curls to hit my extensors as you can hit them with a lot of weight. Hammer curl variations also hit extensors although not as direct as reverse grip.

Exercises like plate curls and bottoms up(inverted) kettlebell presses hit the extensors well. 

You may get more answers in the main gripboard page. This is the workout log section.

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

a few have snapped now

I had a set, and they all snapped with time (maybe in a year of using them). They were good to strengthen my extensors when I started on gripsport, but then I figured out I needed something else

14 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

You may get more answers in the pain gripboard page

I'll Check it! thanks Paul!

Pancho I do reverse wrist curls and over hand pull ups 

• Thanks 1

Even just getting some rubber bands will work.

Sand in a bucket will really smoke them and I really like feel when I had done that in the past.

• Thanks 1

I've been using IM bands if kept out the sun they tend to last longer. I did try the bands with finger holes in them as I wanted to try individual training always feels like a couple of fingers are lazy when using my IM bands. The problem is the size of the holes unsure who they are for but they are way too small for me.

I have just got a "Hand Yoga Finger Trainer" made by Silvis took a couple of months to arrive with the problems in the world at present. Feels good using for individual finger training and thought when the bands snap will replace with standard rubber bands.

Other than that just some large Baoding Metal Balls which do a bit of everything.

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2021 at 9:47 PM, AdamTGlass said:

Pancho I do reverse wrist curls and over hand pull ups 

I'll try them, thank you Adam! :mosher

On 2/7/2021 at 6:43 AM, Wannagrip said:

Even just getting some rubber bands will work.

Sand in a bucket will really smoke them and I really like feel when I had done that in the past.

This sounds like a great idea as well. I forgot about this classic. Thank you :)

On 2/7/2021 at 7:47 AM, Busa said:

I've been using IM bands if kept out the sun they tend to last longer. I did try the bands with finger holes in them as I wanted to try individual training always feels like a couple of fingers are lazy when using my IM bands. The problem is the size of the holes unsure who they are for but they are way too small for me.

I have just got a "Hand Yoga Finger Trainer" made by Silvis took a couple of months to arrive with the problems in the world at present. Feels good using for individual finger training and thought when the bands snap will replace with standard rubber bands.

Other than that just some large Baoding Metal Balls which do a bit of everything.

I never took into account the sun factor, thank you for that. The bands with finger holes are a good starting point, but it happens the same thing to me: hole sizes are a bit small for my fingers, and also, they all broke. 

I did a little research for the hand yoga finger trainer, but didn't find it. Anyway, I don't know if Silvis would ship to Chile, they didn't answer my emails the last time I tried.

Thanks for your help guys !! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2021 at 10:47 AM, Busa said:

I found that too also the bands with finger holes are way too small and I’ve got small hands just a little over 7 inches think they were made for a child lol.

• Like 1