One-arm swings

BarBender

Can anyone beside Richard Sorin do a one-arm swing with an anvil while holding it by the horn? Or one-arm swing a heavy York blob? I don't have a York blob but I purchased a 55-pound anvil recently and have yet to swing it over head.

Off-topic: I never thought that anyone would be crazy enough to steal an anvil but mine got stolen today. My wife was able to retrieve it shortly after I noticed it missing. The rationale given was that they thought it belonged to someone else and was holding it for them.

Guest Combat Student

I don't have an anvil or york blob. One thing I did was take a loading pin-style bar that was made about 18". With this I did what I call "Vertical Bar Swings". Basically it was like straight arm hammer swings. I only used app.15 lbs, but did high reps 40-50 each arm non-stop and you definitely felt it in your grip & forearm.

Jim