Levan Saginashvili Grip Strength

Alawadhi

2 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

Against each other maybe but i would box an try to keep it that way haha not the way it works against regular size poeple with grappling if your meaning in general though, the strength gap is just way too much. Nobody is getting an armbar on Levan that's for sure.

General grappling; fighting for positions, and getting taken down. Haha 

1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

#1, 

Problem is everyone is saying things about Levan (and MT) and they don't even know what is going on besides what random internet gossips are saying.

#2,

Rest assured, something is coming up. Can't say more.

#1 is going to continue to happen until #2 is further clarified.

and ironically, the only people that can clarify #2 are choosing not to. 🤷🏼‍♂️
which means those people can’t justifiably slander any ill informed gossip. Because they are causing it (gossip) by not clarifying whatever (apparently) is actually going down.

lol... everybody got that?

32 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

#1 is going to continue to happen until #2 is further clarified.

and ironically, the only people that can clarify #2 are choosing not to. 🤷🏼‍♂️
which means those people can’t justifiably slander any ill informed gossip. Because they are causing it (gossip) by not clarifying whatever (apparently) is actually going down.

lol... everybody got that?

Well lol that is true. :ph34r: 

• Like 1

If I signed an contract to only AW in PAL/WAL/whatever I would respect that contract as well. Not just because of legal issues, but because of respect, and I guess that's what "men" do. "My word is my bond". So I dont really agree with calling Levan a "chicken" for respecting the contract.

Ps: I don't agree with signing shitty contracts, but I suppose they make sense of the organizations. It would be awesome if everyone could be free agents

• Like 3

14 hours ago, slazbob said:

General grappling; fighting for positions, and getting taken down. Haha 

In my experience nobody could take me down or do anything with me from the off. I'm gifted athletically so yes that helps but even if i let them get in a full mount or whatever position, put a submission on etc i could just power out instantly so it didnt matter, there's weight classes for a reason at the end of the day. Im sure it would be even more the case with Levan, i think for most people that would be like trying to wrestle a bear haha

7 hours ago, Mywor said:

If I signed an contract to only AW in PAL/WAL/whatever I would respect that contract as well. Not just because of legal issues, but because of respect, and I guess that's what "men" do. "My word is my bond". So I dont really agree with calling Levan a "chicken" for respecting the contract.

Ps: I don't agree with signing shitty contracts, but I suppose they make sense of the organizations. It would be awesome if everyone could be free agents

I can understand that but from what Levan said that's not the case, he said igor doesn't not allow him to arm wrestle Michael. I don't get these contracts either way though, why sign your life away when surely they could just put a match like this on larry's youtube as a pay per view for example and make what i assume would be way more money.

16 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

I can understand that but from what Levan said that's not the case, he said igor doesn't not allow him to arm wrestle Michael. I don't get these contracts either way though, why sign your life away when surely they could just put a match like this on larry's youtube as a pay per view for example and make what i assume would be way more money.

If you don't know what's going on, don't speak on someone's else behalf. Levan never publicly said what you claim (In bold). That is not true.

Edited by Alawadhi

7 hours ago, Mywor said:

Like this attitude. It's what men do. Others fail to understand this simple logic. 

2 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Levan never publicly said what you claim.

It's in the video on armbets youtube, he says 'There is still a lot of talk that Igor does not allow me to pull with Michael, it is not true!' or is the translation wrong? it's got English writing at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

It's in the video on armbets youtube, he says 'There is still a lot of talk that Igor does not allow me to pull with Michael, it is not true!' or is the translation wrong? it's got English writing at the bottom.

Yes he said that's the talk and that is not true. In that video he says he don't want to. That is what was said in public. But in reality, he doesn't want to affect his income. Life in Georgia is hard post-COVID-19 but people don't want to understand. As I said Paul, rest assured something is coming up.

43 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

In my experience nobody could take me down or do anything with me from the off. I'm gifted athletically so yes that helps but even if i let them get in a full mount or whatever position, put a submission on etc i could just power out instantly so it didnt matter, there's weight classes for a reason at the end of the day. Im sure it would be even more the case with Levan, i think for most people that would be like trying to wrestle a bear haha

Have you wrestled with someone where he couldn't get out after you were on top of him? Lol I would pay to see that. This is going way off topic or it will be blocked :D 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Yes he said that's the talk and that is not true. In that video he says he don't want to. That is what was said in public. But in reality, he doesn't want to affect his income. Life in Georgia is hard post-COVID-19 but people don't want to understand. As I said Paul, rest assured something is coming up.

Have you wrestled with someone where he couldn't get out after you were on top of him? Lol I would pay to see that. This is going way off topic or it will be blocked :D 

Nobody could get out no haha i felt bad though because they were half my size. I used my grip a lot with wrist control too an nobody could break it so that made it double unfair. Id assume khaled does the same. I remember semmy schilt doing this effectively in early ufc days.

But yes back to topic, hopefully we see the match.

• Like 1

They can be free agents if they quit acting like thirsty ass peasants foaming at the mouth over weak ass contracts that give them less money a year than a decent auto mechanic makes.

Edited by Tommy J.

22 hours ago, Mywor said:

No one is forcing these athletes to sign contracts. Sure, a number of the eastern athletes get enough funding through conctracts, sponsorships and even government funding to where they can make a living off of it. The team from Kazakstan often come to a tournament near me and participate not only in the pro classes, but also in the amateur class just so they can have more trophies and more pictures of them standing on podiums that they can show their government officials to secure more funding. I understand it’s a great to be able to live off of your sport and be able to train full time. But IMO that’s no argument for not seeking out and going after the best. What is stopping Levan from getting a regular job so he can be free to fight whoever he wants and prove to the entire world he is the best?

John worked a regular job his whole sports career. Devon accepted a match with Denis left arm 18 months after one of his surgeries and while he had not trained his left for an entire season. THAT’s how a champion behaves! People today talk about how Denis smacked Devon. And that is true. But Devon came to Denis and did so at the worst possible time for himself. I also believe that had the match been right handed, it could’ve been a different outcome.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

No one is forcing these athletes to sign contracts. Sure, a number of the eastern athletes get enough funding through conctracts, sponsorships and even government funding to where they can make a living off of it. The team from Kazakstan often come to a tournament near me and participate not only in the pro classes, but also in the amateur class just so they can have more trophies and more pictures of them standing on podiums that they can show their government officials to secure more funding. I understand it’s a great to be able to live off of your sport and be able to train full time. But IMO that’s no argument for not seeking out and going after the best. What is stopping Levan from getting a regular job so he can be free to fight whoever he wants and prove to the entire world he is the best?

John worked a regular job his whole sports career. Devon accepted a match with Denis left arm 18 months after one of his surgeries and while he had not trained his left for an entire season. THAT’s how a champion behaves! People today talk about how Denis smacked Devon. And that is true. But Devon came to Denis and did so at the worst possible time for himself. I also believe that had the match been right handed, it could’ve been a different outcome.

Yeah id say you are correct on if it was right hand, at least a more competitive match anyway, and i think a different year left hand also would have been a different outcome but this is the thing, Devon didnt have to jump through flaming hoops doing years of matches to get a shot at Denis, it shouldnt be any different. Also im with Tommy, i just don't see the contracts being that massive and i also don't think he would need to get a regular job as a free agent either. One time super match deals etc lot of money to be made on social media these days, yes covid is an issue right now but arm wrestling is booming and he's at the top. I'd say even in John's time it was more that having his job meant he could fly for free to contests rather than the salary so much (though im sure it helped).

• Like 1

I think Michael wants him more than he wants Michael. There is not enough interest to give up your financial well-being; plus,  you’re already under contract which makes it easier to pass. He knows he the no.1 in the world and doesn’t want to put up with that pain in the ass king’s move either. Be interesting to see, but they all want to make moola out of it...more that the status queue.