Levan Saginashvili Grip Strength

Alawadhi

So Levan tested his grip. It is on Larry Wheels channel here

The only mistake is when Levan easily lifted the 172 LBS Thomas Inch it said 98 KG Inch. The next attempt was the 98 KG Inch and Levan got a decent air under it.

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

Thanks for doing this, Bader! It's so much fun to watch how these elite athletes from different strength sports compare in terms of some of the classic grip lifts!

• Like 2

Great to see these monsters getting there grip's tested. One thing to note is that with very large handed guys on grippers you need to make sure they have the exact right position to the mm otherwise is will go super easy to the last couple mm but be impossible to finish. This is what happened with Levan, i actually think he was capable of a 3.5 with better technique. Which is especially crazy because he has terrible leverage with his hand almost covering the spring never mind the handle haha

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

Thanks for doing this, Bader! It's so much fun to watch how these elite athletes from different strength sports compare in terms of some of the classic grip lifts!

You're welcome. And yes, it is great to see their strength. Grip is amazing sport and we need to promote it as much as we can. More to come ;) 

13 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

Great to see these monsters getting there grip's tested. One thing to note is that with very large handed guys on grippers you need to make sure they have the exact right position to the mm otherwise is will go super easy to the last couple mm but be impossible to finish. This is what happened with Levan, i actually think he was capable of a 3.5 with better technique. Which is especially crazy because he has terrible leverage with his hand almost covering the spring never mind the handle haha

I agree. That gripper which he failed was a #3 not a #3.5. But yes, with better technique I think he would've closed the #3, but not the #3.5.

So Khaled has a bit longer hand, feels more solid too. Levan has a bit thicker and wider hands, doesn't feel as solid as Khaled's. 

Just now, Alawadhi said:

You're welcome. And yes, it is great to see their strength. Grip is amazing sport and we need to promote it as much as we can. More to come ;) 

I agree. That gripper which he failed was a #3 not a #3.5. But yes, with better technique I think he would've closed the #3, but not the #3.5.

So Khaled has a bit longer hand, feels more solid too. Levan has a bit thicker and wider hands, doesn't feel as solid as Khaled's. 

Yeah i know it was a #3, but im pretty possitive i could have got him to a 3.5 changing up his technique. The issue is a hand this big struggles to actually close to the point where grippers handles touch so it needs to be in specific positions. Thats why every attempt at the #3 he closes it to a couple mm very easily like he could rep it no problem, but the last couple mm won't shut. it's just an issue of position. Walking the fingers on would help everyone too, can get the handle much further forward and have much better closing power that way.

12 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

Yeah i know it was a #3, but im pretty possitive i could have got him to a 3.5 changing up his technique. The issue is a hand this big struggles to actually close to the point where grippers handles touch so it needs to be in specific positions. Thats why every attempt at the #3 he closes it to a couple mm very easily like he could rep it no problem, but the last couple mm won't shut. it's just an issue of position. Walking the fingers on would help everyone too, can get the handle much further forward and have much better closing power that way.

No. I was there and know his capabilities. With training yeah, but not now.

8 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

No. I was there and know his capabilities. With training yeah, but not now.

Fair enough, always easier to see what's what in person. Still extremely impressive, very similar result to a guy at a gym here in England i came across years back, believe it or not he was bigger than levan even. I walked in to see him reverse curling an 80kg bar with 5kg plates taped to the end and he was doing it legit too, was nuts, his forearms were crazy. He said he was smaller and weaker than normal too, usually was 30 stone but he had been dieting and 'not lifting heavy' of late. His numbers in everything were equally nuts, had worlds strongest man level strength an had never even used a belt, never competed, nothing, just a total freak.

• Like 2

Saw this yesterday. Interesting that Khaled has increased his numbers on the dynamo. Has he been traiing grippers at home? :D

You have to push him to close the #4, I would really like to see that. He has the potential to be the first to CCS cert the #4 as far as I see it.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

Fair enough, always easier to see what's what in person. Still extremely impressive, very similar result to a guy at a gym here in England i came across years back, believe it or not he was bigger than levan even. I walked in to see him reverse curling an 80kg bar with 5kg plates taped to the end and he was doing it legit too, was nuts, his forearms were crazy. He said he was smaller and weaker than normal too, usually was 30 stone but he had been dieting and 'not lifting heavy' of late. His numbers in everything were equally nuts, had worlds strongest man level strength an had never even used a belt, never competed, nothing, just a total freak.

Whoa that is very strong reverse curling. Who was it? Anyone who has competed before?

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Paul Savage said:

Dude, you should have tested his grip. Seems like a VERY STRONG guy.

6 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Saw this yesterday. Interesting that Khaled has increased his numbers on the dynamo. Has he been traiing grippers at home? :D

You have to push him to close the #4, I would really like to see that. He has the potential to be the first to CCS cert the #4 as far as I see it.

Well tbh I remember he is the same. On Larry's channel world strongest grip video it was written 114 KG but I remember it being 118 KG. He isn't training grip for the past two weeks too. Just MMA. Trust me, I would like to see him certing on the #4 and he surely has the capabilities. But him focusing on MMA is best for him.

3 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Whoa that is very strong reverse curling. Who was it? Anyone who has competed before?

All i know is his first name and never competed or at least he hadnt then, gym owner comfirmed all his lifts and well, the size of him and the 90kg reverse curls did too haha I think gym owner said his arm must have been 25"+ when he was bigger and he seriously wasn't kidding. I did test his grip but all i had was grippers. He got my #3 to 1/8th no set set shortly after the reverse curls, then got my 3.5 t0 1/4" no set after, he was legit super strong. He said he did curls with 50kg dumbbells, incline pressed the 80kg dumbbells, bench pressed 220kg, and squat and deadlifted 320kg, all for 8 reps no belt no supports and it was just what he regularly would not personal bests. I tried to get him to come train strongman with me but for whatever reason never seen him again. Not sure if anxiety issues or what not but i explained he could do amazing things but just didnt want to compete.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

So Levan tested his grip. It is on Larry Wheels channel here

The only mistake is when Levan easily lifted the 172 LBS Thomas Inch it said 98 KG Inch. The next attempt was the 98 KG Inch and Levan got a decent air under it.

I noticed the typo on the video also! Thank you for clarification Bader!

also, one other small correction id like to mention that MMT mentioned. Michael said “some random guy who weighed like 175lbs lifted the inch to his shoulder.” Is incorrect...

the incident Michael is referring to was at an arm wrestling tournament in Fort Worth that Tanner and I both attended. That day I brought my full size inch DB (174lbs) and many of the pullers and a few onlookers that day tried it. Including Michael and Cory. Tanner and I were the only successful lifts that day of the bell. Obviously I only lifted it with my right hand, and only to about my knee that day. Tanner smoked the bell in either hand for 4-5 easy lifts each hand for full deadlifts. Given Tanners light weight, obviously everyone there was VERY impressed, Michael and Cory included.

neither Michael or Cory lifted the bell from the floor single handed. But Cory did lift it with both hands from the floor to his shoulder, then proceeded to an easy 1 arm overhead press with the bell.

Obviously Michael did note Tanners lifts that day, because he kept asking how much Tanner weighed after Tanner lifted it. He was impressed with Tanners lifts to the point of excitement. So much so that I think he may be confusing Tanners easy lifts from the floor with Cory’s 1 arm press.

this all took place outside in the parking lot after the arm wrestling tournament in a small bush garden in front of the event.

obviously I don’t think Michael had any malice intent, or tried to fool anyone that he saw a “175lb” guy clean the inch. Just a harmless mistake I think. He was so excited that day that I can see how the events of the DB are blurred.

just wanted to clarify that, incase anyone was like “wtf?” As they watched the video.

• Like 5

I thought for sure he had to have been talking about Adam or Tanner, and that maybe they did a waist high lift that he unintentionally exaggerated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Climber028 said:

I thought for sure he had to have been talking about Adam or Tanner, and that maybe they did a waist high lift that he unintentionally exaggerated. 

While he was off base a bit, it’s no biggie. It tends to happen from time to time with non grip guys. It’s sort of on us to police those kind of misinformation’s. 🤷🏼‍♂️

The only part of Michaels story that made me cringe was when he said “I don’t know it was some random guy”.. when Bader asked him a name.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

The only part of Michaels story that made me cringe was when he said “I don’t know it was some random guy”.. when Bader asked him a name.

In all fairness, I am some random guy haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

Sheeeeeiiit... I don’t think so!

it’s TANNER EFFIN’ MERKLE!

now enough with the humble pie, sir. 

• Like 1

Btw did anyone notice how Khaled didn’t even remotely budge Levans hand or wrist?!..

it is incredible how easy Levan controlled that strong hand! Khaled is no slouch when it comes to hand and wrist power. 😳

imo, Levans hand control on the table is the most vulgar display of strength in the entire video!

side note: this should also put emphasis on how STRONG Vitaly’s hand is, given that Vitaly was able to peel Levans cup open over and over again not so long ago!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Sheeeeeiiit... I don’t think so!

it’s TANNER EFFIN’ MERKLE!

now enough with the humble pie, sir. 

HA! well thanks, but it was at an AW event and in the AW world im totally just another random dude with bad joints haha

34 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Btw did anyone notice how Khaled didn’t even remotely budge Levans hand or wrist?!..

I did! but also Khaled was a bit injured from an armbar while practicing MMA. Maybe he wasn't giving it his all?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boulderbrew said:

HA! well thanks, but it was at an AW event and in the AW world im totally just another random dude with bad joints haha

I mean you did crush your whole class that day. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boulderbrew said:

I did! but also Khaled was a bit injured from an armbar while practicing MMA. Maybe he wasn't giving it his all?

I’d be more willing to give him the injury pass if he hadn’t flexed on Larry so hard. 😬

11 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

You have your name in the underground scene :)

18 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

All i know is his first name and never competed or at least he hadnt then, gym owner comfirmed all his lifts and well, the size of him and the 90kg reverse curls did too haha I think gym owner said his arm must have been 25"+ when he was bigger and he seriously wasn't kidding. I did test his grip but all i had was grippers. He got my #3 to 1/8th no set set shortly after the reverse curls, then got my 3.5 t0 1/4" no set after, he was legit super strong. He said he did curls with 50kg dumbbells, incline pressed the 80kg dumbbells, bench pressed 220kg, and squat and deadlifted 320kg, all for 8 reps no belt no supports and it was just what he regularly would not personal bests. I tried to get him to come train strongman with me but for whatever reason never seen him again. Not sure if anxiety issues or what not but i explained he could do amazing things but just didnt want to compete.

Thats amazing. Especially with fhe grippers! Shame he didnt want to train with you more. 

It just shows you that some of the Worlds strongest men are people we havent even heard about, there will be genetic freak monsters in gyms quietly lifting away crazy weights that no one will ever see. 

17 hours ago, liftyzig said:

I liked the anvil part in particular!  A bit surprising!

Yup. Maybe no one is used to its shape? It's weird shape after all.

15 hours ago, Climber028 said:

I thought that too.

15 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

I noticed the typo on the video also! Thank you for clarification Bader!

also, one other small correction id like to mention that MMT mentioned. Michael said “some random guy who weighed like 175lbs lifted the inch to his shoulder.” Is incorrect...

the incident Michael is referring to was at an arm wrestling tournament in Fort Worth that Tanner and I both attended. That day I brought my full size inch DB (174lbs) and many of the pullers and a few onlookers that day tried it. Including Michael and Cory. Tanner and I were the only successful lifts that day of the bell. Obviously I only lifted it with my right hand, and only to about my knee that day. Tanner smoked the bell in either hand for 4-5 easy lifts each hand for full deadlifts. Given Tanners light weight, obviously everyone there was VERY impressed, Michael and Cory included.

neither Michael or Cory lifted the bell from the floor single handed. But Cory did lift it with both hands from the floor to his shoulder, then proceeded to an easy 1 arm overhead press with the bell.

Obviously Michael did note Tanners lifts that day, because he kept asking how much Tanner weighed after Tanner lifted it. He was impressed with Tanners lifts to the point of excitement. So much so that I think he may be confusing Tanners easy lifts from the floor with Cory’s 1 arm press.

this all took place outside in the parking lot after the arm wrestling tournament in a small bush garden in front of the event.

obviously I don’t think Michael had any malice intent, or tried to fool anyone that he saw a “175lb” guy clean the inch. Just a harmless mistake I think. He was so excited that day that I can see how the events of the DB are blurred.

just wanted to clarify that, incase anyone was like “wtf?” As they watched the video.

You're welcome.

Yes the next day I spoke to Adam on that point. He told me exactly what you said. He must have been so excited :D 

13 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

it is incredible how easy Levan controlled that strong hand! Khaled is no slouch when it comes to hand and wrist power. 😳

imo, Levans hand control on the table is the most vulgar display of strength in the entire video!

side note: this should also put emphasis on how STRONG Vitaly’s hand is, given that Vitaly was able to peel Levans cup open over and over again not so long ago!

Very easy for him. Yes Vitaly has very strong wrists! But Tanner is right, Khaled was injured and no, Khaled doesn't need much force to pin Larry. It's like a warm up for him given his strength. Will that make a difference with Levan? Maybe only a little bit. Levan is that strong and Khaled is not training AW at all.

12 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

Yup