2021 International King Kong Grip Challenge

Eric Roussin

39 minutes ago, lone Wolf said:

Is there a video on the proper technique with the Finnish ball?

From the key pinch master himself:

• Like 4

11 hours ago, pancho_grip_lift said:

From the key pinch master himself:

King Kong rules state the thumb must be vertical, not "up to 45 degrees" as Jerome says in this video.  Unless the rules change, keep aware of this difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, kirwin said:

@Eric Roussin can we please get the original post list updated with the Australia venue? 😎

Done! With the contest seven months away, we’re already up to 15 confirmed venues, with several other potential venues. If anyone else would like to learn more about hosting King Kong this year, just let me know.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, liftyzig said:

Surprised I'm not seeing Jedd's location on there too, dont tell me you're not hosting this year @Jedd Johnson?

I don't remember if I've spoken to Eric about it or not, but yes, I plan on hosting. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, kirwin said:

@Eric Roussin following this up is there anywhere to read the full rules for each lift?

Sorry, not yet. Just hasn’t been a priority for me to put together yet. The goal is to publish the full rules by the end of this month — a full six months ahead of the main contest date. But I can confirm that for events held in last year’s contest, the rules will remain the same.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 4:59 AM, Lucasraymond said:

Cost will be $40+ shipping and have to pay using paypal family and friends or venmo. I paid $40/ball from Pekka and doing this for free. 

@LucasraymondI checked the AA shop today and could only find the Finnish Ball Trainer listed for sale.  I think I waited too long to purchase one of the official FBs before they sold out.  Is it possible to be put on a wait list for an FB when/if you restock them?  

Just now, bencrush said:

@LucasraymondI checked the AA shop today and could only find the Finnish Ball Trainer listed for sale.  I think I waited too long to purchase one of the official FBs before they sold out.  Is it possible to be put on a wait list for an FB when/if you restock them?  

yes they should be here in the next 2-3 days. I have 10 coming and 5 accounted for currently so Ill add you to that list. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

yes they should be here in the next 2-3 days. I have 10 coming and 5 accounted for currently so Ill add you to that list. 

Thank you very much!  I didn't want to come off as harassing you about it either.  😀

Question about judging on the crusher, at what point does the tilt come into question?

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 7:52 PM, glenn_the_hunter said:

Question about judging on the crusher, at what point does the tilt come into question?

Capture.PNG

While it can be very difficult to eliminate tilt completely with this lift, starting with this level of tilt is not allowed. Both competitors and referees should be careful to spot and prevent such attempts.

7 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

Here are the detailed rules for this year's contest. If anything is unclear, please let me know.

2021 International King Kong Grip Challenge - Official Rules V2.docx 1.87 MB · 10 downloads

8 Compliance, Ethics and Penalties

The promoter will only use equipment from the designated supplier (i.e. an authentic Barrel Strength Flask, an authentic FBBC 2.25” Crusher, an authentic FBBC Grab Ball, and an authentic IronMind Little Big Horn).

Edited by insane.warrior

6 hours ago, insane.warrior said:

The promoter will only use equipment from the designated supplier (i.e. an authentic Barrel Strength Flask, an authentic FBBC 2.25” Crusher, an authentic FBBC Grab Ball, and an authentic IronMind Little Big Horn).

good catch!

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 4:51 AM, insane.warrior said:

Updated, thanks.

• Like 1

This may be a stupid question but how do you sign up? Or is it invite only? I'm in York PA and wouldn't mind taking a trip up to Wyalusing to compete and meet Jedd

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, nickthetick said:

This may be a stupid question but how do you sign up? Or is it invite only? I'm in York PA and wouldn't mind taking a trip up to Wyalusing to compete and meet Jedd

Individual promoters will taking care of sign-ups for their respective venues. Some create event pages on Facebook, others post their details on the GripBoard. But I suspect many promoters have yet to iron out the finer contest details at this point in the year. I suggest sending Jedd an email. If you need his address, just let me know.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 3:57 PM, Eric Roussin said:

Individual promoters will taking care of sign-ups for their respective venues. Some create event pages on Facebook, others post their details on the GripBoard. But I suspect many promoters have yet to iron out the finer contest details at this point in the year. I suggest sending Jedd an email. If you need his address, just let me know.

That would be awesome! Really looking forward too it! Thank you for the response 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nickthetick said:

That would be awesome! Really looking forward too it! Thank you for the response 

I’ll look forward to seeing you there!

• Like 1

Another confirmed venue! Chad Gustin and Ben Edwards will be hosting in Lecompton, Kansas.

There's still plenty of time to come on board to host a venue. If you're potentially interested, just send me an email at eroussin@rogers.com and I will send you the information package.

• Like 4