2021 International King Kong Grip Challenge

Eric Roussin

YET ANOTHER VENUE ADDED: Arto Joronen will be hosting a venue in Luumäki, Finland!

King Kong is continuing to build momentum!

• Like 5

VENUE ADDED: Mike Wilfong will be hosting a venue in Pullman, Washington.

Currently standing at 25 venues! We won’t average 20 competitors per venue, but could you imagine if we did?!

• Like 5

ATTENTION WEST COAST USA KING KONGERS: 

The Southern California venue hosted by Odd Haugen at his gym takes place 13 days before most other venues. It had been designated as Saturday October 16, but today it was changed to Sunday October 17.

https://www.oddehaugen.com/2021-international-king-kong-grip-challenge/

https://www.oddehaugen.com/2021-international-king-kong-registration/

Edited by Hubgeezer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Gripsters from Finland and Ukraine have banded together to sponsor an additional class for lightweight women! This new class is 57 kg. This brings the total number of women’s classes to five: 57 kg / 72 kg / 84 kg / 100 kg / 100+ kg. The overall women’s champion will be declared “The Queen Kong of Grip”.

• Like 4

On 9/10/2021 at 7:47 PM, Eric Roussin said:

VENUE ADDED: Mike Wilfong will be hosting a venue in Pullman, Washington.

Currently standing at 25 venues! We won’t average 20 competitors per venue, but could you imagine if we did?!

I think if you average even 12 per venue, you will outdo all prior King Kongs!

• Like 1

I will give $100 to the Finnish Ball winner in both Women’s & Men’s OVERALL. In case of tie - lowest bodyweight wins.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I think if you average even 12 per venue, you will outdo all prior King Kongs!

Indeed! Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I will give $100 to the Finnish Ball winner in both Women’s & Men’s OVERALL. In case of tie - lowest bodyweight wins.

Awesome! Thanks!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

VENUE ADDED:

Nick Sanders will be hosting a venue in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

25 total venues.

6 hours ago, Dpmauger said:

With the ease in restrictions in Victoria is there any update on the Melbourne leg of the event? Would love to come have a go if its going ahead.

Glenn Hunter is the person to contact for details on the Melbourne venue. I’ve sent you his contact information via private message.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2021 at 1:15 AM, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Good luck for everyone!!! Ukraine started the compete in the International King Kong Grip Challenge 2021

IMG_1938-2.jpg

Nice, large group!  And almost half women!  We have trouble getting women interested in grip over here in the US.  Good luck to all.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Nice, large group!  And almost half women!  We have trouble getting women interested in grip over here in the US.  Good luck to all.

I hope this is less than half of our members! In Ukraine, restrictions on the red quarantine zone began, so I managed to gather 20 participants only on the last day of relative freedom. Then I will compete for 5-10 people, but I hope that the total number will be +40 people this year. Despite the fact that this first stage was very difficult for me. 10 hours sitting in the bus one way, then holding a tournament, then 10 hours back home, and all this with a fever due to the flu. I already began to doubt that I myself would be able to perform well on october 30th .... 

We don't have much of a problem attracting women. Fortunately, we do not have that insanity with feminism, body-positive and other shit as in western countries. Our slavic character, the habit of women to work and endure all life situations on an equal footing with men, is also manifested in our attitude to sports. The problem is to keep a woman in sports for a long time. Got married - there is no time for sports. Divorced - no time for sports. New boyfriend - no time for sports. New nails - no time for sports... Although it's just a matter of hormones) men are simply more stable in their emotional attitude to the world around them and to their hobbies ... 

• Like 7

North Texas is lifting tonight starting at 5 pm CST-  best of luck to all competitors across the world. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

North Texas is lifting tonight starting at 5 pm CST-  best of luck to all competitors across the world. 

Good luck! I'm happy to be able to compete in same category with grip-monsters like you, Tanner and many others! I am very grateful to Eric and Andrew for this opportunity!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yesterday I got to compete in my first ever king kong! Had a blast and will definitely do it again next year. Thanks to Chad Gustin and Ben Edwards for hosting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm pleased to announce that www.pocketdynos.com has come on as a special prize sponsor. They will be giving three of its hand dynamometers: one to the overall King Kong of Grip, one to the overall Queen Kong of Grip, and one to the Exceptional Lifter (Pound-for-Pound Champ).

Thanks, Pocket Dynos!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jculpepper said:

Yesterday I got to compete in my first ever king kong! Had a blast and will definitely do it again next year. Thanks to Chad Gustin and Ben Edwards for hosting. 

It was great meeting you and Brian! I enjoyed seeing you lay waste to your PRs. 

1 hour ago, bencrush said:

It was great meeting you and Brian! I enjoyed seeing you lay waste to your PRs. 

It was great meeting you too. Thanks for the tips on the grab ball. I think I beat my PR by 30 or 40 lbs. Too bad I was out of attempts.

• Like 1

Katya Ripchanskaya, participant of KK-2021 and overall women winner on Ukrainian venue, became twice silver at the European Armwrestling Championship, which is now taking place in Vilnius, Lithuania , among girls under 18 y.o. in -60kg b.w. category!

IMG_2043.jpg

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Katya Ripchanskaya, participant of KK-2021 and overall women winner on Ukrainian venue, became twice silver at the European Armwrestling Championship, which is now taking place in Vilnius, Lithuania , among girls under 18 y.o. in -60kg b.w. category!

IMG_2043.jpg

Awesome!

• Thanks 1

Hello from Venue Austria

King Kong is one Night out and we are exited like every Year. Because Corona Restrictions we have to split our ~21 Competitors in Flights like last Year, so the full Spirit will not kick in and the whole lifting Ceremony will take double the Time. But we are in, this is important in this weird strange Times.

Kraft Heil,

Sirko aus Tirol

• Like 4

Evgeniy Vakula, long-term participant and priser of armlifting competitions and King Kong became the third on left hand in 65kg class on the European Armwrestling Championship

IMG_2065.jpg

• Like 6

I am speechless right now 🥰

Michael Thomas wrote to us earlier this day. He offered $100 each for the best lift at the men's and women's finnish ball last month.

We will donate the money to a good cause to support children in sport.

It is so great to realise how there are good people in sport all over the world 🍀

#kingkong

inCollage_20211101_162657194.jpg

• Like 6