•    Boys 11-13
•    Boys 14-15
•    Boys 16-17
•    Girls 7 and under
•    Girls 8-10
•    Girls 11-13
•    Girls 14-15
•    Girls 16-17

Divisions not officially offered in the contest will still be tracked for GSI records purposes (www.gripsport.org).

Awards (open classes):
Custom King Kong gorilla sculptures for the following:
●    All class champions
●    The overall top lifter in each event
●    The Exceptional Lifter (best pound-for-pound performance)
●    The overall men's and women's champions ("The King Kong of Grip" and "The Queen Kong of Grip")

Custom gorilla medals for 2nd and 3rd place finishers in each class 

Youth awards: Medals for top 3 in each division

Reverse strongman scoring will be used.

NOTE: I will be reaching out to last year’s promoters over the coming weeks and the list of locations will be updated as venues are confirmed. In the meantime, if you are potentially interested in hosting a venue and would like more information, please feel free to reach out to me via private message or by email (eroussin@rogers.com).

• Like 12

Eric,

Really nice event lineup! Awesome that you are having Grab ball again- that was a fun lift and is great device.

• Like 2

Eric count in North Texas 👍

• Like 1

Thanks again Eric!  Can't wait for October.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestSlope said:

@Eric Roussin is Otevoima on IG the way to contact the company? Otevoima.com is not functional.

IG or Facebook, but I can help coordinate if these aren't good options for you. The cost for the ball is $40 + shipping. I've been told that the cost to ship one ball or several costs the same amount, so it might be a good idea to canvas your groups to see if there's an interest in placing an order for multiple balls.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WestSlope said:

It looks like Otevoima has decided to use Arm Assassin Strength shop to deal the Finnish Ball in the USA. Luke told me he is ordering a bunch of them.

That is very good news - Pekka tried to mail me several packages over last 2 years - each time the box was looted and taped up and what can you do when a shipment from Europe comes up missing? Lucas does such a great job im very happy to see 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lone Wolf said:

I was just at the Arm Assassins site would this be the finish ball trainer

That is a cheaper and carabiner attachment style but I will have the official ones in here in 3-4 weeks or so. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Lucasraymond said:

That is a cheaper and carabiner attachment style but I will have the official ones in here in 3-4 weeks or so. 

So if we are buying one to train for the contest it is a better idea to buy the official one when it becomes available?

8 minutes ago, bencrush said:

So if we are buying one to train for the contest it is a better idea to buy the official one when it becomes available?

Thats up to you but I’d say yes

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Michael Wilfong said:

Do you need calibrated plates to host a venue?

If you’re not using competition plates, you would need to get your plates weighed on a calibrated shipping/postal scale.

Unfortunately, many of the cheaper regular plates can vary quite a bit. 5% variance from the listed weight is not uncommon.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2021 at 6:49 AM, Eric Roussin said:

Unfortunately, many of the cheaper regular plates can vary quite a bit. 5% variance from the listed weight is not uncommon.

Initially, I misread your statement. I thought it said “point 5% variance”. I thought, “Hell, I have of pair of 25’s that weigh 27 lbs. each!”.

Then there is my 49 pound 45 plate.

All of those plates by the way, are BFCO’s, received as gifts. 

In a contest where tiny fractions of a pound separate what place determines a competitor thousands of miles away, where the equipment itself can vary to some degree, it is important that at least one attribute can be counted on to be  reliable.

Kudos to all meet promoters for putting in the work and expense to be part of the best grip contest in the world.

Edited by Hubgeezer
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

In a contest where tiny fractions of a pound separate what place determines a competitor thousands of miles away, where the equipment itself can vary to some degree, it is important that at least one attribute can be counted on to be  reliable.

Kudos to all meet promoters for putting in the work and expense to be part of the best grip contest in the world.

Promoters have worked very hard to ensure the absolute fairest contest possible and I am proud to see how this contest series has rolled out year after year with credible results. 

• Like 7

On 2/6/2021 at 6:49 AM, Eric Roussin said:

If you’re not using competition plates, you would need to get your plates weighed on a calibrated shipping/postal scale.

For clarity, if I buy a postal scale that is accurate to .05 kg and I weigh all my plates would I be in compliance? I truly appreciate the efforts of all promoters to make this as fair as possible. I want the same.

8 minutes ago, Michael Wilfong said:

For clarity, if I buy a postal scale that is accurate to .05 kg and I weigh all my plates would I be in compliance? I truly appreciate the efforts of all promoters to make this as fair as possible. I want the same.

Iam having venue in Gresham again this year. You are what 30 miles away? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Iam having venue in Gresham again this year. You are what 30 miles away? 

Thanks! Yeah, I’ll be there. I wasn’t sure if you were having one again this year. 

1 hour ago, Michael Wilfong said:

Thanks! Yeah, I’ll be there. I wasn’t sure if you were having one again this year. 

I was going to retire after OSH '21 but saw the event lineup for Kong and decided to end in another high note. If you want to be the sole venue for Oregon that is totally fine with me. I actually would prefer it, as it would be nice to just show up and do what I do instead of changing weights, judging, smiling, etc all while kicking butt.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I was going to retire after OSH '21 but saw the event lineup for Kong and decided to end in another high note. If you want to be the sole venue for Oregon that is totally fine with me. I actually would prefer it, as it would be nice to just show up and do what I do instead of changing weights, judging, smiling, etc all while kicking butt.

Let’s talk about it at OSH. I’d like to see you get an opportunity to compete without having to do all the work of hosting.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Michael Wilfong said:

Let’s talk about it at OSH. I’d like to see you get an opportunity to compete without having to do all the work of hosting.

If you guys team up it’s so much easier to run a great contest. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Michael Wilfong said:

You can easily find small postal scales that are more accurate than this. 0.005 kg (5 grams) would be within tolerance levels for competition plates. But 50 grams is a bit much.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 1:29 AM, Lucasraymond said:

How are those Finnish Meatballs coming along? 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 7:48 PM, Hubgeezer said:

How are those Finnish Meatballs coming along? 

just got them in but have a crapload of other orders i need to prioritize first so looking at middle/end of the week that I can worry about them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cost will be $40+ shipping and have to pay using paypal family and friends or venmo. I paid $40/ball from Pekka and doing this for free. 

• Like 7