Training with grippers question

Emmanouil Marizas

Ipam a bit confused with some gripper training variations so i am trying to figure out what's harder.

20mm block set, 30mm block set or credit card set? In what order these sets should be put from easier to harder? Any help would be much appreciated!

Edited by Emmanouil Marizas

I am not much of an expert but I would say 20mm easiest then 30mm then credit card set.

I know for sure the credit card set is the hardest. I don’t think my set is strong enough to even get down to a 20mm set that’s pretty tight for me.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Nuttgens said:

I am not much of an expert but I would say 20mm easiest then 30mm then credit card set.

I know for sure the credit card set is the hardest. I don’t think my set is strong enough to even get down to a 20mm set that’s pretty tight for me.

Thanks for the reply! I have closed the CoC3, i have tried to close the CoC3 with a CCS and have managed to close it down to around 20mm, but yesterday i chocked my CoC3 to parallel 20mm tried to close it and it didn't even move. I felt that chocked to the 20mm point is the hardest i have ever tried, that's really confusing!

2 hours ago, Emmanouil Marizas said:

Thanks for the reply! I have closed the CoC3, i have tried to close the CoC3 with a CCS and have managed to close it down to around 20mm, but yesterday i chocked my CoC3 to parallel 20mm tried to close it and it didn't even move. I felt that chocked to the 20mm point is the hardest i have ever tried, that's really confusing!

Gripper training is highly neurogical. You need to practice the set you want to be good at.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fist of Fury said:

Gripper training is highly neurogical. You need to practice the set you want to be good at.

Thank you for the tip! 

29 minutes ago, Emmanouil Marizas said:

Thank you for the tip! 

If you're training with chokers it's extra important to get used to the position in the hand. It will feel awkward in the beginning because with chokers you can use a way more advantageous position than you can ever use when setting the gripper yourself. So try use a lighter gripper, like the #2.5 to get the feeling for it first.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

If you're training with chokers it's extra important to get used to the position in the hand. It will feel awkward in the beginning because with chokers you can use a way more advantageous position than you can ever use when setting the gripper yourself. So try use a lighter gripper, like the #2.5 to get the feeling for it first.

Thank you i will try it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emmanouil Marizas said:

Thank you i will try it!

Do it. You will see that you're going to be able to go up in strength very fast once you get the hang of it. It takes some practice to get used to, once you do you will get stronger fast. Since it's mostly an isometric exercise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

Do it. You will see that you're going to be able to go up in strength very fast once you get the hang of it. It takes some practice to get used to, once you do you will get stronger fast. Since it's mostly an isometric exercise.

I hope it will help me a lot for closing CoC3,5

I am stuck at 1cm~50mm before closing it and i need to go a step beyond.

You can always train with the handle lower in the palm...it’s not much - just lower than a deep set position. You’ll be a little weaker at first; but just a couple of weeks of training like that, you set the gripper like you normally would and boom!

it’s like training beyond the range without having to file a gripper. It’s not a no set, every thing is the same (the way you usually set) just a lower handle position. Simple but effective.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, slazbob said:

You can always train with the handle lower in the palm...it’s not much - just lower than a deep set position. You’ll be a little weaker at first; but just a couple of weeks of training like that, you set the gripper like you normally would and boom!

it’s like training beyond the range without having to file a gripper. It’s not a no set, every thing is the same (the way you usually set) just a lower handle position. Simple but effective.

Great! I will add this in my training routine. Can't wait to see the result. Thank you!

39 minutes ago, Emmanouil Marizas said:

Great! I will add this in my training routine. Can't wait to see the result. Thank you!

You’re welcome!

• Like 1