mcalpine1986
14 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Don't know about that one specifically, maybe, have read a few which correlated grip strength with alot of things. Many things that weren't that obvious too. It's interesting! I do read alot of training related studies, not that I think it matters in the end but it's interesting.

My personal opinion is that most studies ultimately point in the direction of "nothing matters" when it comes to training. Many old training dogmas end up proving to be false, things that people thought were important isn't and so on. People always search for the best programs, templates for how many sets, rest between sets, which angle should your feet point in a benchpress for optimal chest development etc, basically every variable there is. It would seem these things in reality are kind of trivial. Kind of dissapointing in a way.

And yes 🙂

Its worth checking out.

I only read studies out of interest and i like to learn.

Agreed on people who look for.the best programmes to follow etc. 

Personally i like to train on instinct, i just wake up and train whatever i feel like doing that day. Its worked for me for 20 years. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hopefully

• mcalpine1986

• Nuttgens

• Anemptybox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It seems it is a pain keeping track of your workouts without writing stuff down, so I'll start a new log for that reason. Atm I'm doing a lot of pinch work with a knurled block I made. And I

2" handle: 61kg: 1x1 (just a few cm lifts) 59kg: 5x1  57kg: 2x1 ****** 2.4" handle: 40kg: 2x1 35kg:  20x1 or so, didn't count ****** I feel good and health

It's a great tool. Have had mine for awhile but haven't used it much due to gripper obsession. Now I'll really give it a go. No, me neither. I made that one for a few reasons. I'll probably never

Hopefully

2" handle:

64kg assist pulls on the ascent 5x1

58kg assist 3x1

54kg 2x1 

Some blob lifts just because

• Like 2
Anemptybox
On 2/23/2021 at 6:07 PM, Hopefully said:

It's just diet, or lack thereof I suppose. I do alternate day fasting, so currently I fast for 36h (1day+sleep) and then I eat the following day just as normal. So I don't count calories or anything and just eat what I want. Within some reason, of course. I train in my gym every eat day to keep as much musclemass as possible. So far I don't think I have lost any significant mass and I feel awesome for the most part. 

I love to run though and if I could choose I would have gone with a traditional slight calorie deficit and cardio, but I feel that the time simply isn't there. And also it's overall more work imo and my mind is busy enough as is 😆

Very good weights I think, you are strong. It would be difficult to get to the same level, but possible. But it's a small price to pay for what you get though imo. Far more important stuff in life than how much weight you can lift. Like timesplitters for example? 😁

Damn, that sounds like a very effective way to lose weight but has to require a lot of discipline. Right now when it comes to food I just eat a bit less and skip some calorie dense stuff that I'd otherwise eat/eat more of.

I agree and thanks! I try to have realistic goals. Haha, TimeSplitters is awesome, been playing those games on and off since 2002. Right now other stuff and other games are the priority. My backlog of games is huge.

Edited by Anemptybox
  • Like 1
Hopefully
9 hours ago, Anemptybox said:

Damn, that sounds like a very effective way to lose weight but has to require a lot of discipline. Right now when it comes to food I just eat a bit less and skip some calorie dense stuff that I'd otherwise eat/eat more of.

I agree and thanks! I try to have realistic goals. Haha, TimeSplitters is awesome, been playing those games on and off since 2002. Right now other stuff and other games are the priority. My backlog of games is huge.

Same here, love gaming. Wish I could play all day 😂 I get super addicted to it though so I try to not play all that much, last thing we need is that I start skipping work to play video games 🤔

Hopefully

2" handle:

Assist pulls 64kg 3x1

6x1 54kg

Performance is starting to drop a bit so I'll try to take 3 days off, I worked for 13h today so I'm very tired so could play a big role but it's time for a few days off regardless

• Like 2
Hopefully

Trained anyway, addiction or whatever.

2" handle:

54kg: 12x1 Right 6x1 left

44kg: 6x3 pronated

2.4" handle:

35kg 12x1 left pronated

4x1 right

• Like 1
Hopefully

2"handle:

54kg 14x1 right ** x8 left.

2.4" handle:

39kg 6x1 right ** 12x1 left

Fgx reverse curl 30kg 3x5

• Like 1
Hopefully

Decent workout today. Promised Thom some thumbless lifts today, wonder what happened with that 🤔

2" handle right hand:

54kg: 20x1

2.4" handle left hand:

41kg 12x1

39kg 8x1

FGX rev curl 30kg 3x6

• Like 1