Pinching

SqeezeMasterFlash

How did those of you who can pinch 2x35 train for it? I can get 2x25 with each hand and was going to try adding weight slowly using a bar through the middle. Lots of singles with what I can do and negatives with what I can't. Any advice?

Thanks in advance

I also use a bar in the middle and just keep adding weight.

Surprisingly enough, I think plate curls helped me out a lot, along with higher volume thumb work.

Plus, I was watching some dude that almost never trains grip doing it with ease, so I willed myself to deadlifting them. i wasn't about to let him show me up.

Now I can throw them.

-Jedd-

Guest gripmaster316

Putting a bar through the middle is a great idea man!! Once you can fully deadlift 2x25 with an extra 15 pounds start doing negatives with 2x35. Putting a bar through the middle is exactly what I do. I can already do 55 pounds and break 60 off the ground.

I was pleased to manage a full dl right handed last Saturday at the gym, so maybe I can offer some insight. I have trained pinching once a week, and have recently started doing pony clamp pinches (fair chance this has made the difference). I start with 2x25 until my hands feel warmer up and then add weight using a thin bar (so as not to make the exercise any easier), on Saturday I managed 2x25 plus 20lbs so I thied for the 2x35 and got that too. I have also used negatives on 2x35, picking up the plates two handed, letting go with one hand and lowering as under control as possible. I have not tried microloading but I would image that it would not have worked for me because I find with pinching the same as other forms of hand strength that my strength varies quite considerably - I just went for a maximal effort.

In terms of less specific grip work I was doing plate wrist curls on the same day as the pinch and messing about with a gripper once or twice a week.

Hope some of this helps.