A Couple More Recent Blob Feats

temmmeeee

I've been hitting a lot of new feats lately. Getting stronger. Finally snatched a 50lb blob after a few years of trying. And did a sloppy combo feat of 174lb inch replica + 50lb blob curl by the face.

• Like 8

Great feats! :rock

• Thanks 1

I still find it kinda absurd that by the face blob curl is even possible. How many people has done this?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

Great feats! :rock

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

I still find it kinda absurd that by the face blob curl is even possible. How many people has done this?

I'm the only one Ive seen do it, especially the strict ones. John Eaton has done "scoop lifts". But I'm pretty sure the likes of Tanner would make easy work of it. And Im sure there are strong dudes out there who have giant hands that can get much more purchase on the blob. I've been messing around with them lately since it seems to be an extremely rare feat. And Ive noticed it has some carryover to other pinch stuff like the flask. My wrist flexion strength has seen a noticeable increase since I started training these. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DAVE101 said:

How does this compare in difficulty to a traditional blob curl?

I think it depends the person. My finger strength, especially with an open hand, is probably the strongest part of my grip. So for me, the face curl is easier. But I think it's different for everyone. Traditional curl requires more wrist strength. I can curl it that way too but haven't quite managed to do it super strict against the wall yet. 

24 minutes ago, temmmeeee said:

Thank you!

I'm the only one Ive seen do it, especially the strict ones. John Eaton has done "scoop lifts". But I'm pretty sure the likes of Tanner would make easy work of it. And Im sure there are strong dudes out there who have giant hands that can get much more purchase on the blob. I've been messing around with them lately since it seems to be an extremely rare feat. And Ive noticed it has some carryover to other pinch stuff like the flask. My wrist flexion strength has seen a noticeable increase since I started training these. 

I was thinking of climbers, those guys should be really good at these kind of lifts to start with. Of course large handed individuals will have a much easier way to it. But it's still kinda freaky even if you have fairly large hands I think.

How do you even train for this, just with pinch block or do you deload the blob somehow?

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

I was thinking of climbers, those guys should be really good at these kind of lifts to start with. Of course large handed individuals will have a much easier way to it. But it's still kinda freaky even if you have fairly large hands I think.

How do you even train for this, just with pinch block or do you deload the blob somehow?

I used to mess around with a half 85 and half 90 a a lot but now I've got a decent hang of the 100. Finding the right hand placement is important and so is giving the blob some tilt when you start the lift and really focus on wrist flexion. I started out  basically trying to scoop up the blob while bracing my elbow against my knee. Then i progressed from there and tried to use less and less body movement until i could do it pretty strict. I did use band assistance a couple times while training just to deadlift my fatman by the face 

• Like 1

How anyone can have the strength to snatch a 50lbs blob is beyond my comprehension. I’d be happy just to be able to lift it at all XD.

• Like 1