North Texas Armlifting Contest - Show of Hands 2021

AdamTGlass

Continuing the tradition of a winter grip contest started by Eric Milfeld and Paul Knight - we will have a DFW Grip contest this February. 27 Feb (Saturday) 4 pm. Weatherford Tx. 

this contest will be held on private property and will absolutely be hosted on time. PM if you have questions/concerns. Guests are welcome to protect themselves as they see fit but no one will be asked to anything other than enjoy themselves and lift strong. 

classic 4 event contest with ArmliftingUSA rule set 

- Silver Bullet hold with Captain of Crush grippers. A new out of the package #4 will be used as we have multiple competitors in reach of World Record- highly likely to see the record moved this weekend. Contestants will have 60 seconds on the platform to establish a good lift. The timer begins once the athlete has the tool correctly set in a single hand. The judging criteria will be consistent with league standards. Athletes will be given 3 attempts to establish best hold time. 

Rolling Thunder lift. Last man standing. Lifts judged to lockout with down command. Contestants will be allowed unlimited attempts as long as they successfully lift each attempt. Lifting belt is permitted, all other support equipment/tacky/liquid chalk is forbidden. The opening weight will be determined day of event by consensus of competitors. 

Double Overhand deadlift on Apollon axle. Last man standing. Lifts judged to lockout with down command. Conventional & sumo stances permitted. Straddle lift&behind the back are not permitted. Lifting belt allowed, no straps/wristbands/knee wraps/suits/tacky/liquid chalk. The hook grip is not permitted. Lifters will use only the double overhand grip to lift the axle to the ArmliftingUSA league standard of lock out- head is up knees/hips/spine erect. Unlimited attempts as long as last lift was successful. 

two hand pinch deadlift on the 3”x4” saxon bar. Last man standing. Lifts judged to lockout as per ArmliftingUSA standards. The Sorinex bar will be used. Only double overhand grip is allowed. Sumo or conventional stance permitted, no straddle or unorthodox starting position. Lift will be same standard of lockout as the axle is judged- head up- knees/hips/spine erect. A lifting belt is permitted, as with Rolling Thunder and axle no other equipment is allowed.  Unlimited attempts as long as last attempt successful. 

after the 4 official events for contest position we will feature a record breaker for the Ironmind Blockbuster lift, the Ironmind little big horn anvil, and the Dabloom two hand key pinch by John Oka. These events will be submitted for leaderboard position but will not count for the meet podium finish. These events will be judged by ArmliftingUSA rule set for the leaderboard, all rules will be explained before the event begins. 

Venue will be released closer to event but location will be Weatherford Texas, approximately 50 minutes west of DFW airport and 30 minutes west of downtown Fort Worth. There are many options for travelers to stay from 1 to 4 star in Weatherford and up to top accommodations in Downtown Fortworth. 

contest entry for ArmliftingUSA members $40 dollars. I will serve Chili & brisket, byob. Those with RV /travel trailers pm me if you would like to stay at venue. 

weigh ins will begin at 2 pm. Contest rules and immediate start at 4 pm. Contestants Please be at the venue no later than 3:45 pm. Guests and spectators are welcome. 

We will judge the contest by weight classes and as an overall. Top 5 trophies will be awarded for the overall. 

I will post additional details as we get closer if there’s anything you are wondering post here or message me directly. This event will feature some of the best in the nation and some of the brightest up and comers I truly look forward to seeing your efforts on the platform 💪💪💪💪💪

• Like 6

Ruh roh - does this mean there won't be one in June?  I've been looking forward to coming back to one of your comps but can't make this one, because I have my son that weekend and it's too close to change with ex.  If there is one in June and I see it coming I will make sure to be there.

Will be looking forward to seeing the results.  Have fun guys.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Ruh roh - does this mean there won't be one in June?  I've been looking forward to coming back to one of your comps but can't make this one, because I have my son that weekend and it's too close to change with ex.  If there is one in June and I see it coming I will make sure to be there.

Will be looking forward to seeing the results.  Have fun guys.

Yes there will be Vinnie- I’ll pin the date this week and you know for travel planning 👍👍👍👍

• Like 2

Venue is confirmed for 27 Feb 🎯🎯🎯🎯

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Import the location is now Metroflex Weatherford- same time line and events 

Going down this weekend - will we see new WR in the Silverbullet, the little big horn, and the finball? It’s all possible- looking forward to seeing all who step in to the arena this will be a battle 👊👊👊👊

• Like 5

Results of contest 

27 Feb 2021 held at Metroflex Weatherford. 

Competitors 

Tanner Merkle 98 kg

Adam Glass 99 kg

Landon Jones 103 kg 

Issac Newton 108.9 kg 

David Troutt 109 kg 

Justin Ford 113.6 kg 

Tommy Jennings Jr 115.9 kg 

Roy Golden 122.5 kg 

Lathan Dixon 133.4 kg 

Brian Sitton 144.7 kg 

Stephen Anderson 152.5 kg 

contest was scored for winner as open class. 

Event 1 Rolling Thunder

1- Tanner Merkle 118.25 kg 

2- David Troutt 100 kg 

3- Adam Glass 97.6 kg 

4- Stephen Anderson 90.8 kg 

5- Issac Newton 88.6 kg 

6- Justin Ford 86.8 kg

7- Tommy Jennings 86.2 kg 

8- Roy Golden 86.2 kg 

9- Landon Jones  72.8 kg 

10-Brian Sitton 68.3 kg 

11-Lathan Dixon 63.5 kg 

Event 2 Double overhand axle deadlift 

1- Tanner 204.3 kg (best axle ever in 100 kg class???) 

2-David 195.6 kg 

3-Adam 190.5 kg 

4-Issac 174.6 kg 

5-Stephen 172.3 kg 

6-Tommy 163.2 kg 

7-Justin 163 kg 

8-Landon 149.3 kg 

9-Brian 140.3 kg 

10-Roy 136.3 kg 

11-Lathan 136.3 

Sorinex Saxon bar pinch 

1- Tanner 112 kg 

2- Adam 109.7 kg 

3- David 109.7 kg 

4- Issac 105 kg 

5- Stephen 99.7 kg 

6- Tommy 96.4 kg 

7-Landon 82.3 kg 

8- Roy 64.3 kg 

9- Lathan 64.3 kg 

Silver Bullet Hold 

1- Tanner #4 31.71 seconds — World Record 

2- Stephen #4 21.2 seconds 

3- Tommy #4 9.2 seconds 

4- Issac #4 8.4 seconds 

5- Adam #4 4.13 seconds 

6- Roy #3 3 seconds 

7- Landon #2.5 1.5 seconds 

8- Lathan #2 12.5 seconds 

9- David #2 11.6 seconds 

Final placing -
1 Tanner 400 points 

2 Adam 368.41 points 

3 Issac 349.73 points 

4 Stephen 348. 15 points 

5 David 335.68 points 

6 Tommy 334.51 points 

7 Roy 279.02 points 

8 Landon 266.13 points 

9 Lathan 247.83 points 

10 Justin 153.19 points 

11 Brian 126.43 points 

Edited by AdamTGlass
  • Like 5

On every event but RT I had a comp/implement PR, and STILL finished near the back of the pack. So many heavy hitters in this comp! I love it!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

On every event but RT I had a comp/implement PR, and STILL finished near the back of the pack. So many heavy hitters in this comp! I love it!

Wait til you see the final placing - closet placing a ive seen in a meet in a long time - they will live on the site shortly and I’ll edit the above 

• Like 2

Also wanted to give David especially some kudos here. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong on this next part. I don’t recall ever reading or hearing about another guy who came into their first grip comp as strong as David did yesterday. Definitely no one his size or smaller has matched the axle and Saxon numbers at a first comp anyways.

220lb RT

430 axle (and gave 440 a good ride as well!)

241 Saxon

David is no joke. 835 deadlift, 415lb bench, and a 675 squat, all official powerlifting comp numbers in raw meets at 230lb BW. A lot of people in grip love the lighter BW guys with heavyweight grip power. Well... David is that guy in powerlifting. And he is another one in grip now as well. I know a lot of grip guys will refer to David as a “big” guy. But the truth is he’s still only a 240lb guy when he’s not trying to cut any weight. Should he decide to take laser focus on grip and train it like he’s on a mission, he’s gonna be hard to beat for anyone.

• Like 1

Hands down my best outing thus far! I made some serious strides. My last comp was about a year ago. 
My results

Rolling thunder-182.5

Axle-340

Saxon-208

This weekends comp

Rolling thunder-200

Axle-380

Saxon-220

Thanks to everyone involved it was a great time!!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Hands down my best outing thus far! I made some serious strides. My last comp was about a year ago. 
My results

Rolling thunder-182.5

Axle-340

Saxon-208

This weekends comp

Rolling thunder-200

Axle-380

Saxon-220

Thanks to everyone involved it was a great time!!

Dang those numbers look good and most impressive considering the majority of the year was you stomping through the mash monster ladder 

• Like 1

70907866-551B-4103-B6A6-FA3FBD8DC633.thumb.png.6ef100bbc0b6e41a0cb52d9bfa0f7fe0.png

• Like 6

Great contest! Interesting that all of the competitors were big guys.

I believe that is indeed the most weight lifted on the Apollon’s Axle by a 100 kg competitor in official conditions.

• Like 2

Wow, that sounds like a GREAT comp to have been at.  Hope lots of the same guys come in the summer, would be an honor to lose to them lol.  Congrats guys.

• Like 1