5th Annual Oregon's Strongest Hands 2021

Kluv#0

OSH'21 Saturday April 3rd 2021. 

1. 2 Hands Shallow Hub Keypinch(Griptopz) 13" lift

2. BSS Flask 2 Hands Pinch 7.5" lift

3 IM Axle Double Overhand Bodyweight Hold

4. Wrist Medley  9 items- sledgechoke lift, rear sledge lift, supination sledge lift, power twisters (over & underhand) thumbless Fatgripz & Fatgripz Extreme DB lifts, Saxon Bar curl, BWT Country Crush thumbless hang.

4 attempts only, rising bar. Event will be sanctioned by David Horne World of Grip for record purposes.

Weight classes- Men: 93KG, 105Kg, 105kg Plus. Women: Open

Contest starts 11 A.M. (Weigh-in & Rules 10:30 A.M.) Entry Fee $20 and limit 10 entries. Covid 19 precaution- face mask required and temperature check upon arrival.

Contact information Michael  mcttris1@gmail.com

• Like 2

Additional information.

IM Axle Bodyweight timed hold:

Double Overhand and maximum 2 attempts. No time bonus will be given after listening to others. Your time will be your time and nothing more.

NO touching/bracing of axle, hands, wrists, forearm on body during IM Axle hold. Demo video of axle hold and wrist medley forthcoming.

Wrist Medley - 9 items with 90 seconds time limit. 1 x through only.

Edited by Kluv#0
To announce NO time bonus regardless of BWT
  • Like 1

Here is Demo run of Wrist Medley with item weights, etc in video description. I wanted to have challenging but not super hard items in the medley so most can accomplish.

Demo run of OSH ‘21 Wrist Medley - YouTube

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

OSH '21 Results

OSH 2021 - Google Sheets

Fun and enjoyed getting after it- I like 4 events better than 6! Big props to my son and his buddy who literally tried ALL of the items in the wrist medley- lot's of heart. Andrew lifted 2HKP WR for his age class and yours truly reclaimed Overall WR.  David needs to watch and confirm both vids to be official. Look forward to tomorrow with family and gaining some weight:) I will post my Overall 2HKP video on my YT once it is official. Thanks to my grip buddies I truly appreciate it, Michael Thomas

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

OSH '21 Results

OSH 2021 - Google Sheets

Fun and enjoyed getting after it- I like 4 events better than 6! Big props to my son and his buddy who literally tried ALL of the items in the wrist medley- lot's of heart. Andrew lifted 2HKP WR for his age class and yours truly reclaimed Overall WR.  David needs to watch and confirm both vids to be official. Look forward to tomorrow with family and gaining some weight:) I will post my Overall 2HKP video on my YT once it is official. Thanks to my grip buddies I truly appreciate it, Michael Thomas

Congrats and great job!

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Great work on the 2HKP hub! Your pinch and axle hold were excellent as well.

Who are the two guys that recorded 6/9 on that wrist breaker medley? I was thinking that the average strong gripster would get 3-5 at most.

Thanks! I had 3 days off for the first time since 2017 and was beyond ready. Anthony and R.J. both have decade plus of a certain self-defense training and have strong wrists and overall body strength. The hardest item of Wrist medley was the overhand PT. Easiest was the Thumbless Country Crush hold for 10 seconds.