Training with limited space.

Giggs

So as the UK has just gotten into a 3rd national lockdown with all gyms closed, i was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas/tips for strength training with the limitations i have.
I Live on the 3rd floor of an apartment building.  Using heavy weights even with matting is just too risky. 

Any Ideas on building/ maintaining strength under these conditions?

• Like 1

The weather does not look too good if you don't have any items at home already maybe resistance bands on some sort of platform for basic lifts with a bench, a bit of galvanized pipe. I have found valhallafitness bands are good for the price.

I guess it depends if you have equipment already. How about farmers walks down the stairs that could be a killer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Giggs said:

So as the UK has just gotten into a 3rd national lockdown with all gyms closed, i was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas/tips for strength training with the limitations i have.
I Live on the 3rd floor of an apartment building.  Using heavy weights even with matting is just too risky. 

Any Ideas on building/ maintaining strength under these conditions?

Id recommend resistance bands. Decathelon sell them cheap and great quality. I have 4. They will probably be delivery only now thanks to the government here or you could go today before full lockdown begins at 12. 

Kettlebells are great if you can find them.

Failing that, things like fingertip pushups and pullup variations can really hit your grip and upper body. 

Walking lunges for distance and reverse lunges are great for lower body if you have no equipment

Hopefully the gyms wont be closed until march. Its a dire situation here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Busa said:

The weather does not look too good if you don't have any items at home already maybe resistance bands on some sort of platform for basic lifts with a bench, a bit of galvanized pipe. I have found valhallafitness bands are good for the price.

I guess it depends if you have equipment already. How about farmers walks down the stairs that could be a killer.

Ive basically got dumbells and thats it, i do have a pullup bar but im too heavy for it at the moment!

4 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Id recommend resistance bands. Decathelon sell them cheap and great quality. I have 4. They will probably be delivery only now thanks to the government here or you could go today before full lockdown begins at 12. 

Kettlebells are great if you can find them.

Failing that, things like fingertip pushups and pullup variations can really hit your grip and upper body. 

Walking lunges for distance and reverse lunges are great for lower body if you have no equipment

Hopefully the gyms wont be closed until march. Its a dire situation here.

Ive got dumbells, i was thinking resistance bands just avent been able to find any but ill check out your suggestion. cheers!!

• Like 1