Jump to content

Weight Loss and training log


Recommended Posts

Giggs

Thought i would start a training log, hoping this will keep me motivated each day and help build a routine. 
I have a few goals Initially.  I want to lose a bit of weight. I have put on so much excess fat, I'm currently 118.4kg (261lbs)
I'm looking to get back down to 100kgs as this is where I felt fittest and most comfortable. 

Next I want to increase my grips strength. Im currently using a Gods of Grip Tlaloc gripper its around the same rating as a #0.5 COC which i can rep for 13 reps. 
I'm gonna initially train with the GOG grippers as i have a full set. and move on to COC at some point. 
Fully interested in competing Grip sports at some point.

Lastly i just want to get stronger overall. I have a bunch of PR's i wanted to increase last year but cos of Covid I've hit major setbacks. 

Now all this comes of the Eve of England's 3rd national lockdown so now all gyms are gonna be closed for the next month and a half. so I'm gonna stick to using home weights that i have. Bare in mind all of this im working around a 4 on 4 off Night shift routine. 

Todays Routine. 

Warmup with leg and arm stretches.

5x10 sets of Press ups
5x10 sets of Squats
5x10 sets of Sit ups

Dumbbell Floor Press 5x10 20kg on each dumbbell
1 hand Dumbbell Rows Bent over 5x10 20kg 

Quick routine before work essentially but feel good about it and worked up a nice sweat. 


 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Giggs

Day 2

1.5 mile run 
5x10 sets of weighted sit ups

5x10 sets of Russian twists with dumbbell

 

Grip recovery

3x30 o ring squeezes

2x10 finger band extensions. 

 

Nice easy and quick day today blasting this out before heading into work.

tomorrow i  should have new grippers and other tools too so we shall see what it brings.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Nuttgens

Nice, good luck on your training.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Giggs

Day 3 
 

Grip day 
Please let me know if you think i should be doing more. 

 

warm up with O ring and finger bands

ISO Holds 3 sets on Tlaloc gripper Avg 60 rating https://godsofgrip.co.uk/hand-gripper-ratings-data/

 3x Inverted working sets for max reps. on the Tlaloc

5x10 Plate curls 5kg plate (biggest plate i have) 

Farmers walk with dumbbells 20kg each hand

 

Ill be doing some bodyweight stuff in work later on but nothing too fancy to report here :p

Woke up feeling pretty good today, new diet is going extremely well and looking forward to see more gains this year.

Unfortunately new grippers havent arrived as they were damaged in transit (yayy) so waiting on new ones to be sent out !

 


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nuttgens
9 hours ago, Giggs said:

Day 3 
 

Grip day 
Please let me know if you think i should be doing more. 

 

warm up with O ring and finger bands

ISO Holds 3 sets on Tlaloc gripper Avg 60 rating https://godsofgrip.co.uk/hand-gripper-ratings-data/

 3x Inverted working sets for max reps. on the Tlaloc

5x10 Plate curls 5kg plate (biggest plate i have) 

Farmers walk with dumbbells 20kg each hand

 

Ill be doing some bodyweight stuff in work later on but nothing too fancy to report here 😛

Woke up feeling pretty good today, new diet is going extremely well and looking forward to see more gains this year.

Unfortunately new grippers havent arrived as they were damaged in transit (yayy) so waiting on new ones to be sent out !

 


 

I think that looks good man, you don't want to do much to fast anyways start there and slowly ramp up. I would probably do some reps with your gripper regular grip not just holds but I’m still pretty new and don’t know much yet that’s just what I would do anyways. How many days a week are you planning on training? And are your grip days going to be different from your body weight stuff or all the same day?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Giggs
6 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

I think that looks good man, you don't want to do much to fast anyways start there and slowly ramp up. I would probably do some reps with your gripper regular grip not just holds but I’m still pretty new and don’t know much yet that’s just what I would do anyways. How many days a week are you planning on training? And are your grip days going to be different from your body weight stuff or all the same day?

Hey Man i usually do normal reps aswell but wanted to change it up today as im ready to go up to a higher gripper sadly there were some complications and it never arrived. 
Im currently training twice a week on grip 5 days total for all training.  yeah i do the bodyweight stuff on the same day as grip.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nuttgens

Nice yeah that seems pretty solid I wouldn’t change anything up of your having fun and making progress. Good luck on everything.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Its always hard to not do too much when restarting or trying new options. If you have not used grippers in a while I would concentrate on the form doing slow controled reps to get your tendons on board it will pay off over time.

To help with your farmers walks if you only have the small dumbells and they are not pushing you that much at present how about wrapping a towel aroung them lifting via the towel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbDmW_ZqyVs

The workout looks good to me keep going Buddy.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Lennix

Good luck with your project!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Giggs
Posted (edited)

1.5 mile run today

managed to shave 2 min off the overall time. will be back to being able to run 5 miles again in no time. 

then just 100 hammer curls with low weight, 
 

Night off work tommorow, so gonna have a nice intense training session then rest  except for a grip session on saturday !

Edited by Giggs
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Giggs
On 1/7/2021 at 7:12 AM, Busa said:

Its always hard to not do too much when restarting or trying new options. If you have not used grippers in a while I would concentrate on the form doing slow controled reps to get your tendons on board it will pay off over time.

To help with your farmers walks if you only have the small dumbells and they are not pushing you that much at present how about wrapping a towel aroung them lifting via the towel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbDmW_ZqyVs

The workout looks good to me keep going Buddy.

 

Love this suggestion used to do similar with a pullup bar a essentially a gi jacket and do dead hangs. thanks for the advice!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Giggs
Posted (edited)

Todays workout

8 Min ab circuit
30 sec each exercise 
Half sits
Leg raises
Plank
Knee Crunches

No rest

 

Dumbbell overhead triceps extensions 5x5

Dumbbell Swings

 

This is my main workout, throughout the night ill be doing odd bits of bodyweight and dumbbell stuff to keep me burning calories with decent rest in between. 

 

Weight update im currently at 115.5kg thats pretty much a 3kg loss (6lb10oz) 

 

Edited by Giggs
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Giggs

Todays stuff
1.5mile run

Grip training
Max reps on the tlaloc , hitting 24 reps in the right hand so absolutely ready for my next gripper. 2 sets

Inverted max reps

Recovery with extensor bands and O Ring!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Nuttgens
3 hours ago, Giggs said:

Todays stuff
1.5mile run

Grip training
Max reps on the tlaloc , hitting 24 reps in the right hand so absolutely ready for my next gripper. 2 sets

Inverted max reps

Recovery with extensor bands and O Ring!

What grippers do you have coming in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Giggs
4 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

What grippers do you have coming in.

Hi mate ive every gripper from Gods of Grip, theyre a small local company from by me . they arrived today finally. 
the ratings for them are here.

https://godsofgrip.co.uk/hand-gripper-ratings-data/

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nuttgens

Nice that’s perfect. You are for sure ready for something harder if you are doing 24 reps on yours now. You might even get a rep with the Hephaestus.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a rest day on Sunday , 

Heres my log for monday 
 

1.5 mile run
 

Bodyweight exercises 
20 Pressups 20 Situps 20 squats

for 5 sets

Floor Press 
5x10
1 handed bent over dumbbell rows.
3x15
2 sets to failure

Crucifix hold 2 sets for 20 sec

dropped weight 2 sets for 30 sec
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Training log Tuesday

I realized afterward I'm a little early with my grip session but nonetheless.

Usual warmup routine. 
Negatives with Achilles gripper. 3 sets

2x10 inverted sets with the Tlaloc gripper. 

Overhead press 3x20

Upright Row 3x20

 

Going  to leave a good 4-5 days gap for next grip session i want to be fully recovered for another attempt at closing the achilles i am pretty close if no go then i will stick to negatives for a month. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a 1.5mile run today but increased the pace.
 

Lots of recovery work for my legs and grip work.!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dumbbell training circuit today

Cleans/ overhead press/ Squats

3 x10

Lunges/ Bent over rows

3x10 

5 minute Burpee AMRAP just to raise the heart rate a little

Shins are sore from running so taking a few days off running for recovery. 

Cant wait for gyms to be open again already so i can start lifting heavy again !
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.