Diesel Crush Classic - February 2021 Pennsylvania Grip Contest

Jedd Johnson

14 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Are there any rules for grabbing the country crush? Can you just cup as much as possible as long as you aren't going thumbless? 

You can get your hands under it as much as you like, while maintaining a “normal” grip.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2021 at 10:13 AM, Climber028 said:

Are there any rules for grabbing the country crush? Can you just cup as much as possible as long as you aren't going thumbless? 

That's totally fine, as long as your hands don't contact the frame and the frame doesn't contact the body in a braced fashion.

Naturally, it must be a passion grip position, not sitting on the wrists.

On 12/22/2020 at 4:11 PM, JStepien said:

Well you probably beat me if I compete... being honest since weight loss haven't carried strength over

You should come up dude. Be great to see you.

• Like 2

On 12/22/2020 at 9:25 PM, JasonD said:

Awesome Mike! I plan on being there.

Glad to hear it. I'm not familiar with your user name. What is your name.

2 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

That's totally fine, as long as your hands don't contact the frame and the frame doesn't contact the body in a braced fashion.

Yea when I first was doing this I had pretty vertical forearms, but cupping more makes such a huge difference wanted to make sure I wasn't cheating in someway

43 minutes ago, JasonD said:

Really bro? I talked to you on the phone today.🤣

Oh crap. I thought you were Dino something on here. I guess that's your email. My bad. Lol lol

4 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Sweet.  I've been practicing my passion grip since grade school.  

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

You should come up dude. Be great to see you.

Shall see, haven't been training grip really once in awhile thing. Working on getting strength back at around 255-260lbs these days

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, JStepien said:

Shall see, haven't been training grip really once in awhile thing. Working on getting strength back at around 255-260lbs these days

Quit being a poosie Lil John Stud.  I haven't trained grip in over a year, am down to 245 lbs, and had my hip replaced in November.  I'll be there ya dog faced pony soldier.  🤣

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Quit being a poosie Lil John Stud.  I haven't trained grip in over a year, am down to 245 lbs, and had my hip replaced in November.  I'll be there ya dog faced pony soldier.  🤣

But you're the magical & majestic RINDO!!!

Also, Tim Butler says I stink at grip

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JStepien said:

But you're the magical & majestic RINDO!!!

Also, Tim Butler says I stink at grip

Don't be throwin my name around like that, Stepinator! ;) Also I bet you'd do extremely well, regardless. You're a monster across the board, and would do especially well on the CC handles

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, temmmeeee said:

Don't be throwin my name around like that, Stepinator! ;) Also I bet you'd do extremely well, regardless. You're a monster across the board, and would do especially well on the CC handles

I don't know about that anymore... That time has gone & passed... Last time, I touched the 2" CC, only hit 355lbs & tweaked my left wrist

• Sad 1

Who's gonna be there Saturday?  Anybody bringing wife/girlfriend?  I am bringing my gal and I am hoping she has some company to commiserate with lol.  She's not interested in trying the events.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Who's gonna be there Saturday?  Anybody bringing wife/girlfriend?  I am bringing my gal and I am hoping she has some company to commiserate with lol.  She's not interested in trying the events.

Amber will be there with me. 

• Like 1

Any personal goals being sought?  I am not a record-breaker type but for personal goals I want to get 150 block set gripper close (my comp best is 140 but that was two years ago, and since then I certed a GHP7 in the 140s with a wider block, so if I am on a good day I think I can do 150-ish with the 20mm) and 215 Saxon (my PR on the 2 inch is 215 but I never did the 2 inch in a comp, so I think trying to get or beat my training PR is a fair goal).  The country crush I just have no idea what even to start with.  So for that I am just looking to get a feel for the implements, maybe buy one or two of them.

On a side note, if Luke has the Finnish Ball for sale at the comp, I'd buy it there to save on shipping, but I imagine it is on order and not in yet.

I’ll be around with my personal goal of PRing on 3” country crush. 

I’ve never touched the implement so I feel pretty confident about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I only have the 3 inch country crush and have been training in that do hoping to hit a big PR. Other than that nothing in particular, not get last place in grippers maybe. So if you have any arthritic senior friends bring them along to help me out

My goal is to get into the 83kg weight class again to give Vinnie a hard time!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, liftyzig said:

My goal is to get into the 83kg weight class again to give Vinnie a hard time!!

If you're gonna be 83kg I should just eat a big breakfast and compete 93.  I might get you on the grippers but after that it's all downhill for me ...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Vinnie said:

If you're gonna be 83kg I should just eat a big breakfast and compete 93.  I might get you on the grippers but after that it's all downhill for me ...

Yea vinnie, come to 93! It's where all the cool guys are 😉

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Haha, nah I think you might get me on the saxon bar too, who knows with the rollers.  I'll be in 93kg anyhow I weighed in at 192 this morning

• Like 1

1 hour ago, liftyzig said:

Haha, nah I think you might get me on the saxon bar too, who knows with the rollers.  I'll be in 93kg anyhow I weighed in at 192 this morning

Then we can have a friendly competition and win or lose our weight classes without each other's help.  Good luck, see you tomorrow.

• Like 1

Great job to everyone on a fantastic grip contest. I watched the live stream and Jedd did a great job running the contest along with his people- very enjoyable to watch. Congrats to Jason Dingey- who is no doubt one of the best all-around gripster's in the world and still getting better! Very calm but such a dominant force- impressive. Jedd was awesome as usual and his 308 lbs on the Monster Crush was amazing. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Great job to everyone on a fantastic grip contest. I watched the live stream and Jedd did a great job running the contest along with his people- very enjoyable to watch. Congrats to Jason Dingey- who is no doubt one of the best all-around gripster's in the world and still getting better! Very calm but such a dominant force- impressive. Jedd was awesome as usual and his 308 lbs on the Monster Crush was amazing. 

Thanks, Michael! It was a great event, ran very smoothly.

• Like 1