Diesel Crush Classic - February 2021 Pennsylvania Grip Contest

Jedd Johnson

The Diesel Crush Classic will take place on February 6, 2021

This competition will be a joint promotion between Diesel Crew and Country Crush Inc

Country Crush will be sending $500 in prize money and we will be running all 4 of his main Grip Sport-centric handles, and these lifts will be put into the NAGS/GSI database only.

As you recall, I recently held a 10-event poll to decide the most popular events.  These turned out to be a landslide victory for Max Grippers and Saxon Bar Deadlift.  Like I said, the thick bar was already decided.  Thanks to everyone who took part in the poll.  I was not anticipating the events that won to do so!

Times:  8am weigh-ins begin.  9am warm-ups begin. 9:30 rules meeting.  10am competition begins

Events:

1.  Max Grippers, 20mm Block Set - 4 attempts
2. 2" Country Crush (2 hands) - 4 attempts, 6" Lift, 1 lift per attempt
3. Saxon Bar Deadlift to Lockout (2"x5" non-painted - 4 attempts, 30 second time limit, unlimited tries per attempt
4. 3" Country Crush (2 hands) - 4 attempts, 6" Lift, 1 lift per attempt
5. 2.5" Raptor Lift - 4 attempts, 6" Lift, 1 lift per hand per attempt
6. 3" Raptor Lift - 4 attempts, 6" Lift, 1 lift per hand per attempt

Other miscellaneous notes:
- Promoter has the right to make changes as needed to the contest
- Competitors may stand on boxes if they desire
- NAGS Gripper Set in 5lb increments will be used for the gripper event
- 10lb jumps on all 2-handed events, 5lb jumps on all 1-handed events
- All lifts will count towards GSI weight classes.  Prize money allocations will be decided based on sign-ups
- As more worthwhile notes come up, they will be added here.

To save money on Country Crush and Raptor Equipment use code DIESELCREW20 at checkout at http://www.countrycrush.net

Rules document and entry form will be available soon and will be posted here

T-shirts for the event may be available upon request by the competitor and will be sold at cost of production to the competitors. Extras will be cost + $5.

Spectators welcome, $10/person, unless assisting with the comp. Children under 12 no charge.

Any questions, feel free to post them here. Thank you.

• Like 5

Assuming I can make it, it sounds great and I know my personal goals for the block-set gripper and Saxon bar.  But since I have no country crush equipment and certainly won't be buying all of it, or possibly any of it, just to train for something only 6 weeks away -- what handles would you recommend training between now and then?  At home I have a newer RT and a 2.5 crusher, an axle, and a wrist wrench, and I train with guys who have your 2-hand NN.

Edited by Vinnie

Oh, and I don't mean to discourage anyone else from buying the equipment lol -- it might be good stuff and worth having, I just personally won't buy it now just to train for such a short time.  I might buy it eventually, especially if I like it at the comp; excited to try them there.

4 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Assuming I can make it, it sounds great and I know my personal goals for the block-set gripper and Saxon bar.  But since I have no country crush equipment and certainly won't be buying all of it, or possibly any of it, just to train for something only 6 weeks away -- what handles would you recommend training between now and then?  At home I have a newer RT and a 2.5 crusher, an axle, and a wrist wrench, and I train with guys who have your 2-hand NN.

First thing I would do is burn the RT.  It sucks. I would train CRUSHER and drop the weight you attempt by a similar percentage based on whatever my numbers are in the Hard to Handle tournament for the Crusher you have and the Raptor.

That's gonna be the best way to go about it, and then maybe try to get a training session on an actual CC if possible.

• Like 1

Didn't mean to make it a short notice on the comp. This idea just came up last week between me and Ray

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Didn't mean to make it a short notice on the comp. This idea just came up last week between me and Ray

I didn't mean that as a bad thing, just that the comp is too soon for me to think it is worth buying the handles now just to train for this, without already knowing what I think of the handles.  Hopefully I will like one or more of them and buy it after the comp, or if one is in King Kong or something and its months away, get it then.

More comps is good comps ...

Awesome, gonna be fun to do so many things that aren't regularly competed but man that seems like a long day. I'm gonna have to pack extra coffee

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Awesome, gonna be fun to do so many things that aren't regularly competed but man that seems like a long day. I'm gonna have to pack extra coffee

Don't forget, single attempts on the CC equipment to save time.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

If you have a V-handle and Fat Gripz that can give you a taste of what the CC 2 hand lifts are like. Also, you can use RT and Crusher on same load pin and lift same time- just some ideas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Don't forget, single attempts on the CC equipment to save time.

Does this mean that each session on the platform is an attempt and you only get one lift, as opposed to the usual where we can re-grip as often as we like within a minute? That's gonna be interesting. 

3 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Does this mean that each session on the platform is an attempt and you only get one lift, as opposed to the usual where we can re-grip as often as we like within a minute? That's gonna be interesting. 

Correct.  That is how Grip Contests were all done prior to like 2016 or so.

• Like 2

Does having a bionic hip disqualify you?  If not, I'll be up to play.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I didn't mean that as a bad thing, just that the comp is too soon for me to think it is worth buying the handles now just to train for this, without already knowing what I think of the handles.  Hopefully I will like one or more of them and buy it after the comp, or if one is in King Kong or something and its months away, get it then.

More comps is good comps ...

Training?  What is this training you speak of Vincent?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Return of the Rindo???? 😲

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JStepien said:

If you mean me not training grip and showing up to Jedd's once a year to hang out with my bros like I did for years, then yes.  Just like old times Big John.  😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JStepien said:

All lifts this year will be done one legged.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Training?  What is this training you speak of Vincent?

If that is an artful jab at the fact that I don't train much, point well taken.  I do some, but no, not like a lot of you beasts.  I am in this for the fun mostly, and to stay stronger than I otherwise would as I age but mostly for fun.  "Fun at 51!"  That's me.

14 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

If that is an artful jab at the fact that I don't train much, point well taken.  I do some, but no, not like a lot of you beasts.  I am in this for the fun mostly, and to stay stronger than I otherwise would as I age but mostly for fun.  "Fun at 51!"  That's me.

Not at all.  It was in reference to me not training at all.  Other than 2017-2019, I've never trained grip.  Just show up to contests and have fun.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

If you mean me not training grip and showing up to Jedd's once a year to hang out with my bros like I did for years, then yes.  Just like old times Big John.  😁

Well you probably beat me if I compete... being honest since weight loss haven't carried strength over

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Sounds grrrrreat!

13 hours ago, JasonD said:

Awesome Mike! I plan on being there.

Saweet!

• 4 weeks later...

Are there any rules for grabbing the country crush? Can you just cup as much as possible as long as you aren't going thumbless?