Newbie Denis Sukhikh - 100kg LBH on first training

Ivan Pupchenko

Denis Sukhikh - very gifted by nature newbie in my gym. 207sm height, 93kg bw, 22sm hand size. At the  first workout he was able to lift 100kg on LBH, seeing it for the first time.

• Like 4

That is amazing! With that much power did you check what else he can do? I bet he will lift the blob and lift the inch!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

That is amazing! With that much power did you check what else he can do? I bet he will lift the blob and lift the inch!

Thanks Bader! He tried lifting a 60mm ball-bearing handle two or three times at a friend's house, and got weights in the range of 75-80kg. I think that 90 + kg on a 57mm crusher will obey him. He has a very great natural strength - for example, with such long arm levers, he can do statc hang on one bent arm on the bar. but due to the fact that he has never been seriously involved in sports, he has very weak ligaments and a weak lower back. I was afraid to give him a lot of stress at one time. Next time he comes, we try something else. He studies at the faculty of engineering and works at the same time, so while 2-3 workouts per week will be enough for him for physical adaptation, and so that this new hobby does not affect his studies and work ... Moreover, I have already seen many times how such super -talented beginners, quickly convinced that they are superior to others in strength, lose motivation to train and quit sports. Better to start gradually, and not take off to the stars ...

At the expense of blobs and inches - in my city there are no such devices. Denis's palm is not very muscular, so I have no great hopes about his pinch. But if he trains regularly, we will train all the basic exercises!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Thanks Bader! He tried lifting a 60mm ball-bearing handle two or three times at a friend's house, and got weights in the range of 75-80kg. I think that 90 + kg on a 57mm crusher will obey him. He has a very great natural strength - for example, with such long arm levers, he can do statc hang on one bent arm on the bar. but due to the fact that he has never been seriously involved in sports, he has very weak ligaments and a weak lower back. I was afraid to give him a lot of stress at one time. Next time he comes, we try something else. He studies at the faculty of engineering and works at the same time, so while 2-3 workouts per week will be enough for him for physical adaptation, and so that this new hobby does not affect his studies and work ... Moreover, I have already seen many times how such super -talented beginners, quickly convinced that they are superior to others in strength, lose motivation to train and quit sports. Better to start gradually, and not take off to the stars ...

At the expense of blobs and inches - in my city there are no such devices. Denis's palm is not very muscular, so I have no great hopes about his pinch. But if he trains regularly, we will train all the basic exercises!

Sure take it easy on him. I know (90%) he can lift them though. He is very tall too. Taller than Hafthor and hands as big (long) as Kirill Sarychev. I think @Jedd Johnson hands are around 22CM too, right buddy?

6 hours ago, WestSlope said:

Very impressive! Are you worried about starting with such an extreme supinated grip with a person with "very weak ligaments"?

I read the topic about vertical grip and its "dangers" and even expressed my opinion there (if it matters to someone). In order not to repeat myself and to supplement what I wrote there - you need to strain what you need to strain, and not everything you can. For a person who does not have any armwrestling past or a sports past in general, this is much easier. A supinated position does not mean that the biceps or other flexors of the elbow are tense. Confirmation of my opinion (or the fact that it has the right to exist) can be the fact that 90% of Ukrainian athletes on the lists on gripsport.org have trained or are training in my gym. Since 2010, there are more than 100 people. Of all of them, only I was injured in this position during all this time. And at light weight - which seemed to me TOO light to strain my BRAINS. My mind was not grouped and I lifted him by straining flexors - punishment and learning followed instantly.
From the first warm-up weight, Denis was explained how and with what muscles the movement should be performed. If you watch the video carefully, you will see that the rotation of the horn is given by the shoulder and the flexors are relaxed as much as possible. He is very capable of learning and I didn't have to say these things twice ...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Sure take it easy on him. I know (90%) he can lift them though. He is very tall too. Taller than Hafthor and hands as big (long) as Kirill Sarychev. I think @Jedd Johnson hands are around 22CM too, right buddy?

Jedd has been involved in this sport for a very long time. With so much experience, he can lift a lot with hands of any size...

2 hours ago, WestSlope said:

Do you and Igor lift with this same technique? I haven't watched a clip of you lifting it and I can't find Igor's huge LBH lift. It looks like you would be prone to hyper-extending the elbow.

Yes, youtube blocked Igor channel because of music playing on the video from my gym... But I have this video on my computer - I posted it again. Igor is  universal and can lift with any technique. But he uses a neutral position rather than an extremely supinated one as a starting position. As an example, I posted his attempt to lift 160kg on the FBBC 2' v-bar on KK in 2016. But he also makes rotation a shoulder. I do not have a video with my horn work now, so for now  post my old video of working with FBBC jug, which I shot specifically to demonstrate this technique in 2018 - rotation is defiantly from the shoulder.. There is about 90kg (maybe 87). 

You are mistaken about my elbows - those two arthrosis that replace them for me, do not "hyper-extendin" for a very long time)))) Therefore, I lift without straightening my back, so as not to load them and not to include biceps. In the video, I also start from a non-extreme supinated position - with a jug it is more comfortable for me, but with a horn, the hand is more supinated. I will try to shoot a video example tomorrow, if there is someone with a phone nearby - my smartphone does not work, and there is no point in filming on my Nokia 6600)))

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WestSlope said:

Thanks for posting the videos. The slight bend at the elbow Igor displays seems to me to be the best approach. I understand he is a bit of an outlier.

As promised - a video with an example of my work with lbh:

7 hours ago, WestSlope said:

Jesus Ivan. You have to do a partial row with ~200 lbs. to compensate for you elbow replacement. Incredible strength there bud.

Must to work with that material, what is available, Steve....