Pennsylvania February Grip Contest Events

Jedd Johnson

Pennsylvania February Grip Contest Events  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which 1 Event Would You Most Like to See at the Pennsylvania Grip Sport Contest in February?

• Silver Bullet
    • Max 20mm Block Set Grippers
    • Euro 2HP
    • Saxon Bar Deadlift to Lockout
    • Little Big Horn
    • Pinch Block
    • Finnish Ball
    • Pickaxe to the Front (Max)
    • Sledge Choke
    • Medley

This poll is closed to new votes

Please choose the event you would most like to see included

I welcome additional suggestions in the comments below.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, liftyzig said:

Pick just 1? ugh you sadist

Unforch, I can't edit it for some reason, but I wanted to say that I welcome additional suggestions in the comments.

• Like 1

It'll be great to get back to regular comps.  And you throw good ones.  Looking forward to it.

• Like 2

It has been a long time since we've had a comp with 20mm block set, so I am glad to see it popular.  Might be fun to try a credit card set gripper event some time, but I doubt that would be as popular.  Either would be awesome.  I also love the Saxon Bar and the Euro, but we had the Euro a couple of times recently so maybe I'd suggest the Saxon to mix it up a little.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JasonD said:

Inch dumbbell timed hold. It’s listed in the GSI database.😂

And Inch dumbbell clean and press for reps, too, right?  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My thoughts: 

obviously I love grippers or any crush event like the dyno cause crush is my speciality 

would like to see a pinch event and I’m leaning towards euro cause not many people have a Saxon bar so it would be harder to figure out attempts for most but either is good

would like to see a thick bar and I have a preference for the 2.5 crusher since most have it but I’m ok with the LBH Or NN 2 3/8” as well since it’s widely available  

for wrist I like the sledge Choke since a sledge is widely available while the pick axe isn’t 

medleys are cool and everyone likes to variety and it’s the perfect place to showcase it 

• Like 2

Just now, JasonD said:

Well, now you’re just being silly, Vinnie!

Both of those, along with solving world hunger and Middle East peace, all seem about the same level of difficulty to me lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chez said:

My thoughts: 

obviously I love grippers or any crush event like the dyno cause crush is my speciality 

would like to see a pinch event and I’m leaning towards euro cause not many people have a Saxon bar so it would be harder to figure out attempts for most but either is good

would like to see a thick bar and I have a preference for the 2.5 crusher since most have it but I’m ok with the LBH Or NN 2 3/8” as well since it’s widely available  

for wrist I like the sledge Choke since a sledge is widely available while the pick axe isn’t 

medleys are cool and everyone likes to variety and it’s the perfect place to showcase it 

Thick bar is already decided.  Just need help with the other ones.

Jedd, 

Although I chose the sledge choke lift, I think you should have the Finnish Ball- fun KP lift, no cuts and I feel you would have great chance at the World Record!

28 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Jedd, 

Although I chose the sledge choke lift, I think you should have the Finnish Ball- fun KP lift, no cuts and I feel you would have great chance at the World Record!

That would be my number 2 pick only because I've never done it before, looks fun and not painful. 

33 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

That would be my number 2 pick only because I've never done it before, looks fun and not painful. 

Its a great implement. Very unique as all hand sizes can excel if you have the ability. Arto, Jedd, Falke, Tanner, ATG, yours truly, Jerome all have done well on it. Usually KP is tilted toward smaller paws but not the case with Finnish Ball.

Edited by Kluv#0
Forgot about the dynamic duo

Just now, Kluv#0 said:

Its a great implement. Very unique as all hand sizes can excel if you have the ability. Arto, Jedd, Falke, Tanner, ATG, yours truly, Jerome all have done well on it. Usually KP is tilted toward smaller paws but not the case with Finnish Ball.

Date for this competition will be February 6th, 2021.

18 hours ago, JasonD said:

Well, let’s hear it, muchacho!

In due time.  Just working out some details.

Thanks all.

More votes please.  Events will be decided on Monday.

On 12/19/2020 at 3:32 PM, DAVE101 said:

Was your intention for non-competitors to vote as well? IE virtual spectators?

Either way buddy

On 12/19/2020 at 3:32 PM, DAVE101 said:

Was your intention for non-competitors to vote as well? IE virtual spectators?

That would happen even if he asked for votes from expected attendees only lol

19 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

That would happen even if he asked for votes from expected attendees only lol

No doubt bro!! 😂

• Haha 1