Grip-Jays Progress Log

Grip-Jay

Hi everyone, been a longtime lurker on here and just getting around to starting a log for a few reasons really, 1. to track my progress 2. for extra motivation and 3. for any advice and tips!

Been training on grippers on and off for years, I feel I owe quite a lot of my grip strength to years of grappling (2018 British Sambo Champion, BJJ, Wrestling etc) 

Current training goals

> Certify on the CoC #3

> Certify on the Crushed To Dust Challenge

> Certify on the Gods Of Grip Hades Gripper

Currently my best regarding grippers is 8 full closes of a CoC #2 and I can shut a GoG Hephaestus which are rated as between a #2 and a #2.5. Training grippers once a week as I find this optimal for now, may try GtG or other programs soon

Currently training rolling thunder and pinch block once a week, soon to purchase a Hub. My current PB with the RT is 74.85kg on my right hand and 71.85kg on my left.

My pinch block PB is 35.9kg on my right hand and 30.9kg on my left.

As far as the Crushed To Dust - RT progress is slow but steady, I can usually add 1.25kg every 2 weeks at this point. I should have no issues with the CoC #2 aspect. I'm yet to try the Hub but can't see me being far off 20kg once I get the technique down.

I also do a good amount of compound lifting, nothing mega impressive numbers wise. And I also do some accessory exercises like extensor bands, plate curls, Powerball, pullups using a Gi jacket, rope climbs and I frequently contrast bath my hands as they do take a fair beating.

I'll be updating this log as and when I train grip specifically which is usually two or 3 times a week between the various aspects.

Cheers! 🏋️‍♂️

Edited by Grip-Jay
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Grip-Jay said:

Hi everyone, been a longtime lurker on here and just getting around to starting a log for a few reasons really, 1. to track my progress 2. for extra motivation and 3. for any advice and tips!

Been training on grippers on and off for years, I feel I owe quite a lot of my grip strength to years of grappling (2018 British Sambo Champion, BJJ, Wrestling etc) 

Current training goals

> Certify on the CoC #3

> Certify on the Crushed To Dust Challenge

> Certify on the Gods Of Grip Hades Gripper

Currently my best regarding grippers is 8 full closes of a CoC #2 and I can shut a GoG Hephaestus which are rated as between a #2 and a #2.5. Training grippers once a week as I find this optimal for now, may try GtG or other programs soon

Currently training rolling thunder and pinch block once a week, soon to purchase a Hub. My current PB with the RT is 74.85kg on my right hand and 71.85kg on my left.

My pinch block PB is 35.9kg on my right hand and 30.9kg on my left.

As far as the Crushed To Dust - RT progress is slow but steady, I can usually add 1.25kg every 2 weeks at this point. I should have no issues with the CoC #2 aspect. I'm yet to try the Hub but can't see me being far off 20kg once I get the technique down.

I also do a good amount of compound lifting, nothing mega impressive numbers wise. And I also do some accessory exercises like extensor bands, plate curls, Powerball, pullups using a Gi jacket, rope climbs and I frequently contrast bath my hands as they do take a fair beating.

I'll be updating this log as and when I train grip specifically which is usually two or 3 times a week between the various aspects.

Cheers! 🏋️‍♂️

Hello!

Great to see you here on the board! 

How could one get a certification on the gods of grip grippers?

Cheers pal!

• 4 weeks later...

Had some issues recently with really right forearm tendons and general burnout of my grip from different types of training so only done a few light sessions on the grippers.

I'm currently about 0.5" away from closing the #2.5 but it still feels like a long way away, the gripper itself still feels like a beast to use.

Anyone offer any tips? Don't really want to file my #2, I do have a Gods Of Grip that is slightly harder than my #2, should I focus my work on this to bridge to gap or should I be doing more negatives and cheat reps and attempts on the 2.5?

Cheers, Jay

Edited by Grip-Jay