Sledgehammer wrist work

MoBeast

https://youtu.be/Yu2U7FnB-2w

https://youtu.be/_rgDB-U46vE

New to grip training and I'm also keen to start arm wrestling training. I have just aquired a 14 pound sledge to start as I have a background in weightlifting already.

Most videos for sledge work are levers to the forehead. Which is impressive but I find pronation and supination much more difficult.

My question is that what is the carry over of the lever lift as compared to pronation work as shown in the videos? Essentially which exercise most benefits a strong wrist and armwrestling.

I was also curious what is the most anyone has lifted in the ended pronation twist lift. In the first video Michael todd does an 11lb hammer with a swedish powerlifter quite easily. However in a previous post on this forum someone said David Chaffee can do it with a 25lb hammer. The most I have found is a guy doing 15lbs in the video above, would this lift be counted in a grip competition? and does anyone have footage of a 25 pound sledge hammer being done? Seems like a world record.. 

Various lever lifts has been constested. The problem with, especially pronation is that it's very easy to cheat, which makes it difficult to judge. So most people don't want to have it as an event in their comps. If it's in there, it's usually in medleys.

On 12/10/2020 at 10:04 AM, Fist of Fury said:

Various lever lifts has been constested. The problem with, especially pronation is that it's very easy to cheat, which makes it difficult to judge. So most people don't want to have it as an event in their comps. If it's in there, it's usually in medleys.

What is the correct form with no cheating of the pronation lever lift?

Is it done in the floor? Or with the elbow on a rest?

1 hour ago, MoBeast said:

What is the correct form with no cheating of the pronation lever lift?

Is it done in the floor? Or with the elbow on a rest?

Arm and back of the hand should be placed on a flat surface and the hand should not come off the surface. Here is where the cheating comes in, the hands is almost always raised, making it easier.