1/4 square stock crs

John McCarter

2 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Nice and quick bend. 1/4 square CRS is usually in between a grade 5 and grade 8 bolt in difficulty.

Thank you for pointing that out. I'm beyond clueless on all things bending.

I know about the ironmind nails, grade 5 and 8 bolts, FBBC Bastard and that's where it ends. I'm really lost when it comes to bending steel.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John McCarter said:

Thank you for pointing that out. I'm beyond clueless on all things bending.

I know about the ironmind nails, grade 5 and 8 bolts, FBBC Bastard and that's where it ends. I'm really lost when it comes to bending steel.

Haha yes, it's a bit of a jungle, steel bending but it's very fun once youy get in to it. Work on technique for double overhand, try to keep the bar as high up as possible under the chin. Your technique can improve but it was not bad either. So if you perfect it I think you could slay some really big steel. You already have the hand strength to go really far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No true goal at the moment. The only thing I really want to accomplish is maybe the red nail certification. And I'm saying that loosely at this moment, I don't know if I can do it or not. I have not been to red nail since 2016 @acromegaman watched me bend one after the contest I host it here in Missouri. Delmar mentioned that most of my technique looked good, needed to get the bar higher up under my neck.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John McCarter said:

No true goal at the moment. The only thing I really want to accomplish is maybe the red nail certification. And I'm saying that loosely at this moment, I don't know if I can do it or not. I have not been to red nail since 2016 @acromegaman watched me bend one after the contest I host it here in Missouri. Delmar mentioned that most of my technique looked good, needed to get the bar higher up under my neck.

You are a frigging beast John! I think you surprise yourself sometimes ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, acromegaman said:

You are a frigging beast John! I think you surprise yourself sometimes ;)

Thanks man!

I just wish I could have videoed my 1st red nail bend. That was one of the toughest things I've ever done.

Loose wraps, torn skin with blood going everywhere, zero chalk and bending straight for 20 minutes with no breaks. It was pure hell and I loved ever second of that attempt. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...