What kind of collars for axles?

mfin77

I use rogue axle collars but I got them from a clearance sale, probably wouldn't pay the normal price. My favorite are the old timey spin lock collars since they stay tight but can be hard to find. Rogues are find tho but if you do more than a few reps you may have to readjust them to keep the plates stable. 

1 hour ago, Climber028 said:

I use rogue axle collars but I got them from a clearance sale, probably wouldn't pay the normal price. My favorite are the old timey spin lock collars since they stay tight but can be hard to find. Rogues are find tho but if you do more than a few reps you may have to readjust them to keep the plates stable. 

You have those rogue axle collars and you have to readjust them after a few reps?  Rogue makes a lot of different collars, the reason why I’m asking. 

14 minutes ago, mfin77 said:

You have those rogue axle collars and you have to readjust them after a few reps?  Rogue makes a lot of different collars, the reason why I’m asking. 

I have the rogue axle bar collars they are expensive for what they are but I couldn’t find anything cheaper anywhere else. I don’t use them on an axle bar so they don’t get banged around as much so can’t really say about re adjusting I use them on my lever arms and don’t have to adjust them ever.

24 minutes ago, mfin77 said:

Yup, I also have the Oso axle collar which works similar but is made of metal. Both won't stay tight for high rep work, but depending on how much you care about plate movement this isn't a huge issue

43 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Yup, I also have the Oso axle collar which works similar but is made of metal. Both won't stay tight for high rep work, but depending on how much you care about plate movement this isn't a huge issue

That kinda stinks, I wanted use these for hex bar dead’s and Saxon bar dead’s, both go above five reps. When you say high reps what’s high reps before it moves an inch   Thanks 

For me it's around 10, but it depends on your weights, your bar, and a whole bunch of things so it's not like an exact number is gonna be the same for everyone. I don't even bother tightening them most of the time it doesn't really matter, plate rotation isn't a big deal for sub-maximal loads. 

I’ve gone through two pairs of OSO axle collars; they’re terrible. You can slide them off with your hand while locked down. The Rogue axle collars are cheaper and hold better. However, this is what I use most of the time on specialty bars:

image.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DAVE101 said:

I’ve gone through two pairs of OSO axle collars; they’re terrible. You can slide them off with your hand while locked down. The Rogue axle collars are cheaper and hold better. However, this is what I use most of the time on specialty bars:

image.jpeg

I use these now but they don’t last too long before they come flying off. 

33 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

For me it's around 10, but it depends on your weights, your bar, and a whole bunch of things so it's not like an exact number is gonna be the same for everyone. I don't even bother tightening them most of the time it doesn't really matter, plate rotation isn't a big deal for sub-maximal loads. 

35 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Makes sense thank you 

3 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Just saw this on the website, says they updated them. 

“Sold in pairs, Rogue’s latest HG 2.0 Axle Collars include an updated durable resin construction with an advanced HG locking mechanism. This mechanism provides a consistent, secure hold through repeated drops while also allowing for quick placement and removal.”

T bar collars that I make will fit any bar. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

T bar collars that I make will fit any bar. 

Just checked your website. It’s closed. I’ll check back in a week 

On 12/4/2020 at 10:12 PM, mfin77 said:

Just checked your website. It’s closed. I’ll check back in a week 

Keep forgetting...anyone can access it currently using the password Armassassin20! but the website will be back open on friday. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Years ago I purchased some REAL inexpensive chrome ones from Weightlifter’s Warehouse . I needed to hack the little bars off for the inside collars for a David Horne Euro pinch device so I ended up buying four sets for about the price of one high quality set. If you aren’t running contests and are just a garage gorilla, they work just fine.

Checked, and they still sell ‘em.

15 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Years ago I purchased some REAL inexpensive chrome ones from Weightlifter’s Warehouse . I needed to hack the little bars off for the inside collars for a David Horne Euro pinch device so I ended up buying four sets for about the price of one high quality set. If you aren’t running contests and are just a garage gorilla, they work just fine.

Checked, and they still sell ‘em.

I found some chrome rings that work great. Thx 

May be the same thing Hubgeezer is talking about - I bought a bunch of them at Play It Again for maybe a buck a piece - super cheap anyway.  A silver ring with a sliding bar bolt handle - I use them on all my homemade DBs and anything made of "Pipe".  I have several kinds of fairly expensive collars - none of them work for repeated drops.  

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I use Lucas’s collars, (Arm Assasin Strength Shop) and they work great.  Great price too.