Plate wrist curls 15kg

David_wigren

Ever since Larry Wherls posted a video of him and Khaled curl a 45lbs plate there has been alot of plate curls and plate wrist curls on social media. I had to jump on the band wagon. Most of my grip and forearm strength is down these days since I’ve been neglecting the movements for many years now. But wrist flexion is strong, perhaps stronger than ever. Most likely due to the armwrestling.

Here is five reps of “near” full range of motion with a 15kg plate. It would be cool to find a 20kg plate with smaller diameter and test to see if I can wrist curl it with similar fashion.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH3eRc_Ah9-/?igshid=19krn9au0x0hq

• Like 7

Im a grip newb but nice video. Is it harder or easier to curl it sitting vs standing?  I saw that video of Khaled and Larry a couple weeks back and was thinking of giving it a try.

4 hours ago, Karl said:

Im a grip newb but nice video. Is it harder or easier to curl it sitting vs standing?  I saw that video of Khaled and Larry a couple weeks back and was thinking of giving it a try.

Thank you brother! Seated plate wrist curls are alot harder. I can rep this plate while standing for +10 strict reps no problem.

Go for it! Plate curls and wrist curls are great for wrist flexion strength. But it’s also easy to strain your wrists on the exercises so I try not to go overboard with them. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Ever since Larry Wherls posted a video of him and Khaled curl a 45lbs plate there has been alot of plate curls and plate wrist curls on social media. I had to jump on the band wagon. Most of my grip and forearm strength is down these days since I’ve been neglecting the movements for many years now. But wrist flexion is strong, perhaps stronger than ever. Most likely due to the armwrestling.

Here is five reps of “near” full range of motion with a 15kg plate. It would be cool to find a 20kg plate with smaller diameter and test to see if I can wrist curl it with similar fashion.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH3eRc_Ah9-/?igshid=19krn9au0x0hq

Do you have a onlyfans page for more dirty videos? 

59 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Do you have a onlyfans page for more dirty videos? 

DM me

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Easy buddy!

5 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Easy buddy!

You should have Khaled try a 20kg or 45lbs plate. If anyone can do it it’s gonna be him.

2 hours ago, David_wigren said:

You should have Khaled try a 20kg or 45lbs plate. If anyone can do it it’s gonna be him.

Not sure if he can do that. And my 45 LBS plate is not small sized too. It's Olympic size.

Did 8 reps today. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH_MNszAQP3/?igshid=5oeqm61sh97i

Though I notesed afterwards that the range of motion was a bit less then before. Still, I regard doing 8 reps this way to be better than doing 5 reps with slightly better rom.

Edited by David_wigren

This is strikt plate curl (full ROM) for me. I have also done this in same strikt style with a bigger old Eleiko 15 kg plate.🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arne said:

This is strikt plate curl (full ROM) for me. I have also done this in same strikt style with a bigger old Eleiko 15 kg plate.🙂

Very strong!

This is why I don’t call my wrist curls strict or with full range. Because mine don’t look like that XD. I do however think I can do a few reps that way, but I have no intrerest since the carry over to armwrestling will be lower when using full range. There is no situation on the table where you will benefit from cup/flexion strength with the wrist completely bent back. If one ever gets into that position it’s because the flexors weren’t strong enough in the straight position to prevent the hand from getting busted back. And with the hand busted back, trying to get back a cup/flexion would be the absolute least effective strategy for the rest of the match. Because if you couldn’t stop the opponent when your wrist was straight you sure as hell aren’t going to be able to when you’ve completely lost your wrist.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Very strong!

Excuses:

Spoiler

This is why I don’t call my wrist curls strict or with full range. Because mine don’t look like that XD. I do however think I can do a few reps that way, but I have no intrerest since the carry over to armwrestling will be lower when using full range. There is no situation on the table where you will benefit from cup/flexion strength with the wrist completely bent back. If one ever gets into that position it’s because the flexors weren’t strong enough in the straight position to prevent the hand from getting busted back. And with the hand busted back, trying to get back a cup/flexion would be the absolute least effective strategy for the rest of the match. Because if you couldn’t stop the opponent when your wrist was straight you sure as hell aren’t going to be able to when you’ve completely lost your wrist.

Come on Wigren, show him you can do it!

Strong curls! Its hard to see at Arnes movie but on Davids one can see this; From the edge of the plate there is a gap until your fingers actually get in contact with the plate. Doesn't that put a tremendous amount of force on the finger phalang (?, the joint between the first and second "part" of the finger). Have you done any specific training for the fingers to strengthen those or do you just have a iron skeleton? Feels like I will brake my fingers doing this with just a 10 kg plate.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 1:23 PM, David_wigren said:

Very strong!

The hardest part in this exercise is to start from the maximal dorsal flex position.
It was  i big difference between this 15 kg plate and the  bigger old Eleikoplate.

I think it’s good for the wrist health to train them with full ROM.

Edited by Arne