Participants in HARD TO HANDLE - PREDICTIONS?

Jedd Johnson

Which handle will take the title of HARDEST in the World? That's what we're going to find out in HARD TO HANDLE, the tournament to crown the hardest thick bar rolling handle in the world.

This video covers all the participants, gives each ones stats, and disposals the rolling action if all the handles.

So, what's your prediction? Which handle will come out on top in the HARD TO HANDLE tournament?

Please leave your pick here and/or in the comments section of the video!

• Like 6

Super excited to see the results! I already put my guess on the comments in the video but ill add it here too.

LGC - having felt this handle and played with a few others this ones by far the toughest

I also predict that you will pull around a 190# on the LGC based on your RT number.

• Like 1

Laughed out loud when you did the droptest on the old ironmind handle :D

LGC! LGC! LGC!

Edited by Lennix
  • Like 3

I really hope that my handle (LGC) placed well. I put the quality on first place when we construct it. 😊

Edited by Arne
  • Like 3

I train with the LGC handle and have done so for years. the difference between that handle and e.g. the RT is ridiculous.

• Like 4

Anything with a plastic handle so the RGT from Grip Genie or the Raptor Grip from Country Crush....chalk has zero effect on both of these, especially the Raptor as it makes it extremely slick due to being UHMW plastic. If limited to metal handles then the LGC would be my guess also. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DAVE101 said:

Probably FatGripz, they end up being thicker when placed over certain diameter bars/handles.

I second this!

FatGripz (aka Fat Grips) really do tend to want to open up (peel away) if:

• your initial grip set-up is too hasty;
  • your hand placement is off in regards to alignment with the split;
  • your D-handle's roller diameter is too narrow
  • your D-handle's roller diameter is too wide
  • your D-handle roller material is slick (smooth)
Edited by Ricochet

I think it’s hard to compare handles with big difference i thickness. A thicker handle is of course harder to lift. The handle diameter should be close the ”original” (IM Rolling Thunder)...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arne said:

I think it’s hard to compare handles with big difference i thickness. A thicker handle is of course harder to lift. The handle diameter should be close the ”original” (IM Rolling Thunder)...

All of these hands are within about 2.38 and 2.62 inches.  Can't get much closer than that.

• Like 1

Thank you Jedd! It sounds perfect for me.🙂

Edited by Arne
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2020 at 11:18 AM, Lucasraymond said:

Anything with a plastic handle so the RGT from Grip Genie or the Raptor Grip from Country Crush....chalk has zero effect on both of these, especially the Raptor as it makes it extremely slick due to being UHMW plastic. If limited to metal handles then the LGC would be my guess also. 

I used to think it wouldn’t be possible to chalk the surface on the LGC with it being stainless. When I’ve lifted with the LGC I‘ve most often done it with no chalk because I’ve never had chalk stick, and then the chalk just makes a powder effect making it more slippy. But I’ve come to realize that I’m notoriously bad at chalking. I remember at the European grip championships Eirik had a handle with decent chalk on the LGC handle, so I know it’s possible. I can see how if the surface gets a solid layer of chalk on it that some of the plastic handles could pass the LGC in terms of difficulty.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

I used to think it wouldn’t be possible to chalk the surface on the LGC with it being stainless. When I’ve lifted with the LGC I‘ve most often done it with no chalk because I’ve never had chalk stick, and then the chalk just makes a powder effect making it more slippy. But I’ve come to realize that I’m notoriously bad at chalking. I remember at the European grip championships Eirik had a handle with decent chalk on the LGC handle, so I know it’s possible. I can see how if the surface gets a solid layer of chalk on it that some of the plastic handles could pass the LGC in terms of difficulty.

I touched the LGC for a few secs and it felt much more grippy than the plastic of the country crush raptor, which feels like a finger lift with minimal ability for thumb support but i get bite on the metal surface of the LGC

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

I touched the LGC for a few secs and it felt much more grippy than the plastic of the country crush raptor, which feels like a finger lift with minimal ability for thumb support but i get bite on the metal surface of the LGC

The result with the Country Crush Raptor surprised me a lot. That and the Trilobite, I thought that handle would be a lot more difficult and I didn't think the Raptor would be that difficult. I think you're right in your prediction.

Looking at this thread, I think most non-Swedes are reluctant to post, as I suspect they fear the Försvarsmakten will come after them. 😎

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Looking at this thread, I think most non-Swedes are reluctant to post, as I suspect they fear the Försvarsmakten will come after them. 😎

With other words, nothing to fear...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

54 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Only for us from Sweden...😊

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Arne said:

Only for us from Sweden...😊

Ja, rätt vad det är så trillar ett stycke JAS Gripen ner i skallen på en 😆

Joking aside, the LGC handle is super high quality. I used to own one but it gave me way too many grey hairs so I sold the torture device to someone else.

• Haha 1

On 11/13/2020 at 5:43 AM, Fist of Fury said:

The result with the Country Crush Raptor surprised me a lot. That and the Trilobite, I thought that handle would be a lot more difficult and I didn't think the Raptor would be that difficult. I think you're right in your prediction.

There's much more to difficulty than the handle spinning forever on the Axle, unfortunately. I believe the current model of trilobite will be more difficult than the one I have here, but I still don't think it would touch the raptor in level of lifting challenge.

• Like 2