Double Old School York 45s Farmers Walk

Jedd Johnson

With Kong Kong in the past, I wanted to try some stuff I haven't tried in a while, so I dusted off the Old School Yorks and hit them a few times over the last week.

Got a combo lift of OSY+Manna Nuff, a Double Lift, and then...

Today, I was able to do a Double Old School York 45# Plate Farmers Walk.

No idea where the strength to do this after so little training came from, obviously something I've been doing has produced there proper carryover.

All the best in your training

NAPALM

• Like 7

Amazing, Jedd! 2nd in the world (Tootall 1st)! The DD York FW is the best pinch feat so far in my book! 

• Like 1

I'm kind of amazed this has only gotten two comments.  It's literally the best pinch grip feet anyone has ever done.  It would be akin to a farmers walk with two Millennium dumbbells for a thick bar comparison.

You and the Chad have set an extremely high bar for others to chase. Congrats!

• Like 1

What, no pivot and return?  LOL.  That was pretty amazing, Jedd.  It's especially amazing when you take into account, as you noted, that it's just some old thing you wanted to see if you could still do -- as opposed to the pinnacle of a concerted effort toward that one feat.  I think the carry-over you are referring to is simply that you train consistently and broadly, so you probably DON'T lose much on things you aren't specifically targeting.  By comparison, when a less serious grip trainer goes after one feat, he may only be able to do that one feat at his peak of training toward that one feat -- for example, how many people who certified on a 3 or 3.5, or MM-whatever, could do the same feat any given day for all time thereafter?  Not many.  Not me at least.  But this is why you are a leader in grip, and why people want to watch your vids and hear your advice.

See you at gripmas, hopefully.  Be well.

On 11/6/2020 at 10:27 AM, Vinnie said:

What, no pivot and return?  LOL.  That was pretty amazing, Jedd.  It's especially amazing when you take into account, as you noted, that it's just some old thing you wanted to see if you could still do -- as opposed to the pinnacle of a concerted effort toward that one feat.  I think the carry-over you are referring to is simply that you train consistently and broadly, so you probably DON'T lose much on things you aren't specifically targeting.  By comparison, when a less serious grip trainer goes after one feat, he may only be able to do that one feat at his peak of training toward that one feat -- for example, how many people who certified on a 3 or 3.5, or MM-whatever, could do the same feat any given day for all time thereafter?  Not many.  Not me at least.  But this is why you are a leader in grip, and why people want to watch your vids and hear your advice.

See you at gripmas, hopefully.  Be well.

So there's some things I don't lose. Such as Inch size handle lifts and Blobzilla block weights and down.  I wasn't expecting to maintain the strength for Double OSY's though. Apartment, the combination I've been hitting had been the right one, because these have never felt easier, and I've done many other things with them, since don't this video. Pleasantly surprised. Thank you for the kind words.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 10:47 AM, WestSlope said:

Awesome! I am inspired that you are still progressing after so many years on consistent training in grip.

Thank you. If there's anything I want to show peele, it's that Grip can be done for years and years and you will continue to see progress is you do things right, and that's why so much of my focus has become coaching and helping people reach their goals. It's always the hope that my trainees end up surpassing me, one day. Jason Dingey is already there in some things and there's other dudes who have the potential to do so as well.  Thanks and all the best.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 8:49 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

I'm kind of amazed this has only gotten two comments.  It's literally the best pinch grip feet anyone has ever done.  It would be akin to a farmers walk with two Millennium dumbbells for a thick bar comparison.

You and the Chad have set an extremely high bar for others to chase. Congrats!

My guess is that most of the newer members don't realize what they're seeing. When do much of high profile grip stuff on social media is plate flipping and other minimal carryover stuff, it's hard to get a grip on some of these harder feats.  Thanks again Mike for everything over the years and I'm glad you're on the route to a life of less pain. That's The most important thing.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 4:12 AM, Florian Kellersmann said:

Amazing, Jedd! 2nd in the world (Tootall 1st)! The DD York FW is the best pinch feat so far in my book! 

It's up there for sure. Thank you

• Like 1