Gripmas 2020

Tank Andrade

Ok guys tomorrow is the big day. if you havent confirmed yet you can text me at 203-465-3169. also give me your bacon, sausage or ham pick for breakfast sandwiches.

see you in the A.M.

• Like 2

See everyone in the morning. Looking forward to seeing everyone and a great day of competing 

• Like 2

Long day. Left the house at 430, got home at 745. 

I'll have video clips in my channel soon.

Great job @Tank Andrade

• Like 6

Im Exhausted as well. This was a super fun competition and chris did a great job of running it. It was great competing with everyone. Look forward to next time gentlemen!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Long day. Left the house at 430, got home at 745. 

I'll have video clips in my channel soon.

Great job @Tank Andrade

9 minutes ago, Chez said:

Im Exhausted as well. This was a super fun competition and chris did a great job of running it. It was great competing with everyone. Look forward to next time gentlemen!

Great to see both of you today! Thanks for a fun comp. 

• Like 3

Did my trip report already, it was such a great time!  See y'all soon, I hope, stay safe and keep grippin!

• Like 4

Will the results be added to the grip sports top 100 page?  New items: 2 inch one hand NN, and dyno!

31 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Will the results be added to the grip sports top 100 page?  New items: 2 inch one hand NN, and dyno!

That would mean I get a world record for the dyno.....🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chez said:

That would mean I get a world record for the dyno.....🤣

And I'd have it for all the weight classes except yours ... until it is ever contested again lol.  But hey, gotta start somewhere!  

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

And I'd have it for all the weight classes except yours ... until it is ever contested again lol.  But hey, gotta start somewhere!  

Now we gotta make sure it’s never contested again.....

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Chez said:

Now we gotta make sure it’s never contested again.....

LOL.  Not too many folks will beat you, although some guy just posted a vid of him doing 126kg on an analog one on facebook, and that is high 270s I think, so he may be close.  Do you know if it helps to squeeze your right wrist with your left hand while doing the dyno crush?  None of us did that at Gripmas as far as I noticed but the guy in the vid did it.  Wonder if that is just the body language cousin of a singer putting her hand in front of her face and oscillating it as if it has something to do with her voice lol.

24 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

LOL.  Not too many folks will beat you, although some guy just posted a vid of him doing 126kg on an analog one on facebook, and that is high 270s I think, so he may be close.  Do you know if it helps to squeeze your right wrist with your left hand while doing the dyno crush?  None of us did that at Gripmas as far as I noticed but the guy in the vid did it.  Wonder if that is just the body language cousin of a singer putting her hand in front of her face and oscillating it as if it has something to do with her voice lol.

Pretty sure it’s not allow for grippers and it’s been discussed in the past. The bracing helps people. I didn’t watch the guys vid but also the analog  version can be cheated by shaking the arm. Not sure if he did that cause I didn’t watch it but the digital is more strict 

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Also follow the black pointer if the hand shakes alot. You can see how the red pointer keeps going further due the shaking NOT because of the black pointer. Unfortunately this happened on that one and the previous one where the 16 yo got 103kg on the dyno. Still very strong results from both.

This is not to hate on anyone. We have the same Baseline dynometer, and I noticed it happening on my own tests. Not sure what would be the best way to inform them as usually this just leads into hurt feelings 😅

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mywor said:

Also follow the black pointer if the hand shakes alot. You can see how the red pointer keeps going further due the shaking NOT because of the black pointer. Unfortunately this happened on that one and the previous one where the 16 yo got 103kg on the dyno. Still very strong results from both.

This is not to hate on anyone. We have the same Baseline dynometer, and I noticed it happening on my own tests. Not sure what would be the best way to inform them as usually this just leads into hurt feelings 😅

I have heard this.  Fortunately for Chez (and me), we used a digital and no one was bracing (I don't think we were told not to, but I didn't see anyone do it).  So Chez's 280 stands for now lol.

7 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I have heard this.  Fortunately for Chez (and me), we used a digital and no one was bracing (I don't think we were told not to, but I didn't see anyone do it).  So Chez's 280 stands for now lol.

It was 287 at Tim’s but that wasn’t sanctioned. Both times I wasn’t peak crush so hopefully I get another chance cause I want to max it

55 minutes ago, Chez said:

It was 287 at Tim’s but that wasn’t sanctioned. Both times I wasn’t peak crush so hopefully I get another chance cause I want to max it

Actually, it was 289 ;P 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chez said:

when i get a house i will host a comp with dyno