Jump to content

Gripmas 2020


Recommended Posts

Tank Andrade
  • Tank Andrade
  • GB Contributor Level 3
  • team_gpcontriba1.jpg
  •  470
  • 629 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Derby, CT

Hi guys just wanted to announce date and events for this years Gripmas competition.

Sat Dec. 5th. 10:00am start

18 Brewster ln. Shelton, CT 06484

 

 

"A Bensonhurst Gripmas "

events will be :

this years weird crush evnt will be best hand Dynamometer

2HP on a Euro pinch device only using two widths. (52mm/58mm). Just pick Narrow or wide. 

1hand  Napalms Nightmare 2"  rolling handle this year.

Little big horn

The infamous Gripmas medley.  thinking a bottoms up KB medley

All Standard Nags rules will apply i will update soon with more details and Medley items Etc.

Breakfast sandwiches will be served. prizes etc, all the good stuff.

$40 fee (first time competitors always free)

any questions just shoot me an email @ bbc.ct@aol.com

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Vinnie

I can't wait!  I hope you have some small kettle bells!  lol

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Climber028

Awesome, never competed with a dynamometer so that's gonna be fun. Don't think I've used a 2 inch handle either so hopefully can pull something big just by training 2.5s for a month. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Tank Andrade
1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

I can't wait!  I hope you have some small kettle bells!  lol

 

 

I have  everything but a Dyno. gonna need yours big guy !

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
temmmeeee
33 minutes ago, Tank Andrade said:

I have  everything but a Dyno. gonna need yours big guy !

I'm the one one with the dyno. And I'll definitely be there!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Vinnie

Just wanted to chime in about the venue:  I thought it was an excellent venue, and it is conducive to the current environment, because it is a big space with high ceilings.  I am sure it could safely accommodate more than the 10 we had last year.  And Tank ran a great comp.  I hope to see many folks there!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
liftyzig
22 hours ago, Climber028 said:

Awesome, never competed with a dynamometer so that's gonna be fun. Don't think I've used a 2 inch handle either so hopefully can pull something big just by training 2.5s for a month. 

you might want to make a cheap wrist wrench out of PVC with a 2" diameter or something, drastic different feel from 2.5"

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Anthony C.

Looking forward to this one Tank! Will the big horn event be to crossbar or lockout?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Vinnie
36 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

Looking forward to this one Tank! Will the big horn event be to crossbar or lockout?

Ooh excellent question.  Short guys like lockout ...

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Anthony C.
52 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Ooh excellent question.  Short guys like lockout ...

I am indeed short but i actually prefer the crossbar as it's easier to judge

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Chez
1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Ooh excellent question.  Short guys like lockout ...

Gotta love those 1” lifts 😆

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Vinnie
10 minutes ago, Chez said:

Gotta love those 1” lifts 😆

Maybe not even!  Sometimes I'm locked out and there is still slack in the carabiner ...

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Tank Andrade
22 hours ago, Anthony C. said:

Looking forward to this one Tank! Will the big horn event be to crossbar or lockout?

All lifts to soft lockout, please wear your biggest sweatsuit for easy judging. What is this amateur hour ?

ALL lifts to crossbar ! Lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
JStepien

Not making any promises... Not saying yes or saying no... But, its a possibility I could compete. With this covid thing been cautious, because my wife had 2 medical procedures done over the summer & my dad is in phase 1 of major knee replacement surgery... So, shall see what happens...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Tank Andrade
5 hours ago, JStepien said:

Not making any promises... Not saying yes or saying no... But, its a possibility I could compete. With this covid thing been cautious, because my wife had 2 medical procedures done over the summer & my dad is in phase 1 of major knee replacement surgery... So, shall see what happens...

See you there buddy ! we will have a bubble for ya,hamster style

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
JStepien
10 hours ago, Tank Andrade said:

See you there buddy ! we will have a bubble for ya,hamster style

Well, I'll be training just in case

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jedd Johnson
On 10/31/2020 at 11:30 AM, Tank Andrade said:

All lifts to soft lockout, please wear your biggest sweatsuit for easy judging. What is this amateur hour ?

ALL lifts to crossbar ! Lol

Greatest post in years. You've become more and more sarcastic with each passing year bro. Beautiful.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Anthony C.
2 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Greatest post in years. You've become more and more sarcastic with each passing year bro. Beautiful.

I wouldn’t have had to ask if you hadn’t held the LBH event to lockout at your own contest a little over a year ago lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Tank Andrade

Heads up, at least to the local competitors. I will be using @Jedd Johnson’s Euro pinch device for my contest. I know most of you have used it before. Mine will be for warm ups only. It is looking like i will not be able to get a training session in for everyone before the comp. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jedd Johnson
On 11/1/2020 at 7:17 PM, Anthony C. said:

I wouldn’t have had to ask if you hadn’t held the LBH event to lockout at your own contest a little over a year ago lol

Good call. That was for IM records qualifications requirements only. Lockout is so 2009.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Climber028
30 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Good call. That was for IM records qualifications requirements only. Lockout is so 2009.

I agree, can't wait to come down for some axle pulls to a crossbar

Link to post
Share on other sites
Chez
13 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I agree, can't wait to come down for some axle pulls to a crossbar

Axle is also so 2009 lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jedd Johnson
10 hours ago, Climber028 said:

I agree, can't wait to come down for some axle pulls to a crossbar

That's what Napalm's Nightmare is for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Chez

What are the lift heights for the NN and LBH?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jedd Johnson
On 11/6/2020 at 7:46 PM, Chez said:

What are the lift heights for the NN and LBH?

6" crossbar

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.