School Boy Vs Larry Wheels and Khaled Jashell

Alawadhi

7 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Again Mikael

You don't know whats going on behind the scene at all. SB is no challenge to Khaled. Period. All of your "scientific explanation" won't help, as usual. And speak about yourself, not most people!

Train your hands to be stronger. Don't waste time on Khaled as Khaled is only getting stronger day by day.

So in a thread about Khalid and others armwrestling we should 'speak about ourselves'? You are also stating the obvious by your remark that I should train my hands to be stronger. I think that's the whole point with the grip board. It's a fine art to be able to disagree without letting emotions run all over the place and resort to insults. Sometimes I fail but I can see I am not the only one.

3 hours ago, Mikael Siversson said:

So in a thread about Khalid and others armwrestling we should 'speak about ourselves'? You are also stating the obvious by your remark that I should train my hands to be stronger. I think that's the whole point with the grip board. It's a fine art to be able to disagree without letting emotions run all over the place and resort to insults. Sometimes I fail but I can see I am not the only one.

Insults? I fail to understand how was your feelings hurt?! You are talking on people's behalf. Just tell your opinion on the subject and that's it.

We agreed that school boy arm wrestles Khaled with left hand. I am predicting 3 to 2 for school boy as Khaled still didn't learn how to use his grip and wrist power like his right hand in Arm wrestling. Good luck to both! Hope school boy get this at least.

Well schoolboy finally realized to go hook and prevailed. But there was a little bit of uncomfortableness with the table manors...maybe he does need to reel it in a bit. Just a bit- still want to keep that mental edge.

Great match from both pullers!

Good thing they had a ref this time.

On 11/1/2020 at 7:28 PM, Alawadhi said:

Insults? I fail to understand how was your feelings hurt?! You are talking on people's behalf. Just tell your opinion on the subject and that's it.

No worries, my 'feelings' are not that easily triggered. I can speculate as much as I like though, we all do it. You used to be quite amused when I pointed out factual errors in the description of feats of others but the fun stopped the moment you became the 'target'.

Coming from a science background (now that you dragged that in) I am used to receive constructive criticism and science as whole depend of the ability of scientists to respond positively to constructive criticism (peer review system). People in general however take constructive criticism personally (certainly on the grip board) and threads on the grip board descend in a spiral of personal insults of increasing intensity until Bill steps in of course. The reason I point this out is that my 'intent' with my hopefully constructive criticism is not as malicious as it may first seem (because constructive criticism is viewed as something positive in science). I recognise that this difference in perception of constructive criticism has created some pretty inflamed threads on the grip board over the years.

Like others I enjoy watching the videos you upload on the grip board but, like many, reacted to the aggressive 'competition mode' of Khalid in a supposedly friendly training pull. 

• Like 1

Saw the latest video with Khalid and SB. The way Khalid picks up that 98 k dumbbell perfectly levelled and with such easy is mindboggling. 

3 minutes ago, Mikael Siversson said:

Saw the latest video with Khalid and SB. The way Khalid picks up that 98 k dumbbell perfectly levelled and with such easy is mindboggling. 

...such ease...

Can't spell to save my life.

No worries, my 'feelings' are not that easily triggered. I can speculate as much as I like though, we all do it. You used to be quite amused when I pointed out factual errors in the description of feats of others but the fun stopped the moment you became the 'target'.

Coming from a science background (now that you dragged that in) I am used to receive constructive criticism and science as whole depend of the ability of scientists to respond positively to constructive criticism (peer review system). People in general however take constructive criticism personally (certainly on the grip board) and threads on the grip board descend in a spiral of personal insults of increasing intensity until Bill steps in of course. The reason I point this out is that my 'intent' with my hopefully constructive criticism is not as malicious as it may first seem (because constructive criticism is viewed as something positive in science). I recognise that this difference in perception of constructive criticism has created some pretty inflamed threads on the grip board over the years.

Like others I enjoy watching the videos you upload on the grip board but, like many, reacted to the aggressive 'competition mode' of Khalid in a supposedly friendly training pull. 

Mikael

1- I never insult. Never will as it is below me.

2- Lol when was I the target? We are talking about Khaled. I really wish I was as that will make me as strong as Khaled.

3- Khaled's competitive mode is very good. Well that's according to world champion like Devon Larratt too.

8 hours ago, slazbob said:

Well schoolboy finally realized to go hook and prevailed. But there was a little bit of uncomfortableness with the table manors...maybe he does need to reel it in a bit. Just a bit- still want to keep that mental edge.

Yes. my predictions were almost correct. I based it on my table against school boy and Khaled. Khaled is stronger. But needs to learn how to use it. He is okay with his right hand. With his left if he is pulled a bit then he opens a A LOT.

5 hours ago, Slippery Pete said:

Great match from both pullers!

Good thing they had a ref this time.

Amazing match yes. But what do you mean they had a ref this time? They also had it last time. Same referee too.

100%

1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

Mikael

1- I never insult. Never will as it is below me.

2- Lol when was I the target? We are talking about Khaled. I really wish I was as that will make me as strong as Khaled.

3- Khaled's competitive mode is very good. Well that's according to world champion like Devon Larratt too.

Yes. my predictions were almost correct. I based it on my table against school boy and Khaled. Khaled is stronger. But needs to learn how to use it. He is okay with his right hand. With his left if he is pulled a bit then he opens a A LOT.

Amazing match yes. But what do you mean they had a ref this time? They also had it last time. Same referee too.

100%

"Oh no he understands well. But it seems he cannot sleep well at night if he doesn't criticize something."

That's a bit of an insult/sarcasm where I live. I never criticised Khalid's lifting btw, only your description of a couple of the feats. I wish I was as strong as Khalid too, at least in thickbar lifting (from a grip strength point of view). I got the impression his pinch lifting abilities are not top class? 

In the right hand match the ref was not tough enough of Khalid when he did not follow the refs instructions (when Khalid told him he did not want any straps and that he 'could hold your [SB's] hand' he should have told Khalid to stfu). It would have better if they had deployed more standard rules first time with straps after the first slip (would not have saved SB though) and handed out fouls for disobedience. In the second match (left hand) the ref did a much better job but I suspect someone had a little chat with Khalid.

Having awesome thickbar strength and big hands reduces the options for your opponent. Hopefully Khalid will rectify some (relative) weaknesses (left hand side pressure, static biceps strength) but the main obstacle might be to find capable and technical training partners who are willing to risk injuries in training against someone with a...very competitive mindset.  I think his 'aggression' could be quite entertaining in a competition settings though. Aggression at the table in practise is okay if it is contained within your own space so to speak (and stops the instant a round is over) but it really wasn't in the first match (which is what so many people reacted to). His demeanour was out of place given this was a friendly training match.

12 minutes ago, Mikael Siversson said:

"Oh no he understands well. But it seems he cannot sleep well at night if he doesn't criticize something."

That's a bit of an insult/sarcasm where I live. I never criticised Khalid's lifting btw, only your description of a couple of the feats. I wish I was as strong as Khalid too, at least in thickbar lifting (from a grip strength point of view). I got the impression his pinch lifting abilities are not top class? 

In the right hand match the ref was not tough enough of Khalid when he did not follow the refs instructions (when Khalid told him he did not want any straps and that he 'could hold your [SB's] hand' he should have told Khalid to stfu). It would have better if they had deployed more standard rules first time with straps after the first slip (would not have saved SB though) and handed out fouls for disobedience. In the second match (left hand) the ref did a much better job but I suspect someone had a little chat with Khalid.

Having awesome thickbar strength and big hands reduces the options for your opponent. Hopefully Khalid will rectify some (relative) weaknesses (left hand side pressure, static biceps strength) but the main obstacle might be to find capable and technical training partners who are willing to risk injuries in training against someone with a...very competitive mindset.  I think his 'aggression' could be quite entertaining in a competition settings though. Aggression at the table in practise is okay if it is contained within your own space so to speak (and stops the instant a round is over) but it really wasn't in the first match (which is what so many people reacted to). His demeanour was out of place given this was a friendly training match.

As for the "Oh no he understands well. But it seems he cannot sleep well at night if he doesn't criticize something.". That was taken from here (so readers don't get confused)

Well others before me also said "he understands" or "why so hard to understand?". Because we know you do understand. But if the latter part (bold) offended you, then I am sorry.

No his pinch is okay. But then again, I can't compare his pinch with other people because my plate's are harder. None ever did my 2 45's except for big Sam (7 feet Sammy). Not Jedd and neither Luke (both 2 25 KG lifter) could too. Jedd did not even lift my 2 35's, but to be fair to him it was the end of the workout. He was probably burned out by then. My plates are harder and not seasoned. Laine did the 2 35's but did not do the 2 45's. But I don't believe he gave it his best.

As for wide pinch. Khaled lifted my blobzilla and the 30KG big heavygriptools blob. Jedd's best was to his knee's with that blob and Jedd is VERY GOOD at blobs. He could clean his blobzilla back then. So shows you Khaled's wide pinch is world class too. But no excuses for plate pinching, I will train him to lift my 45's God willing.

As for the first match, yes the ref was afraid (he confessed) of Khaled. Later at match two he said he did it to save SB a teeth. Don't ask me. I will upload the raw video of the second match tonight my time. I had a chat with Khaled to listen to the referee more. And I was there so all with cool. But I also told him not to smile during the match and be like Devon and Todd. A lion is still a lion if his claws and and fangs are gone; but won't be as strong for sure and might risk his life. I showed him a video on how to act at MAX 

Me, Larry and few others are training him. We can handle him, seen much worse. And for everyone's information, the first match (right hand) was never a friendly match. It was a real match.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

As for the first match, yes the ref was afraid (he confessed) of Khaled.

I think you know what I mean.
The athletes did not follow the referees calls, and he did not call faul when it was justified. If that first match was with a ref it was very poorly done. 
He did a good job the second match though.

I just want to add that I'm not a school boy fan or hating on Khaled. When I clicked on the first match I did not have any preference of who I wanted to win. 

Khaled is a very impressive athlet and I hope to see him try out steel bending some more. Would be really cool to see him bend huge bars!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slippery Pete said:

I think you know what I mean.
The athletes did not follow the referees calls, and he did not call faul when it was justified. If that first match was with a ref it was very poorly done. 
He did a good job the second match though.

I just want to add that I'm not a school boy fan or hating on Khaled. When I clicked on the first match I did not have any preference of who I wanted to win. 

Khaled is a very impressive athlet and I hope to see him try out steel bending some more. Would be really cool to see him bend huge bars!

Well people should know Khaled is very new and don't know the rules well. Hence no foul. Plus at the second match he admitted that he was a bit afraid of Khaled's reaction. But a referee was there.

It was a wonderful day. Training and learning from each other.

20201101_224216.jpg

• Like 1

School boy VS Kirill Sarchev. Just show the power of Khaled the way School Boy beats Kirill.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 2:51 AM, Billy Jack said:

Unfortunately, from the several arm wrestling tournaments I attended in the past, I would say at least 25% of Americans act like children in arm wrestling matches and have poor sportsmanship and very little respect toward their opponent and the referees. Very large, fragile egos and lots of unnatural testosterone. Just watch many of the large televised matches over the last 4-5 years and you will see. Obviously not all are like that, but it is a large enough percentage to be very noticeable. I am pretty sure I have only been to one tournament that a fight did not break out or almost broke out. It is sad. I also understand that some people act a certain way to mentally get in their opponents head, but they usually try to push it too far. I'm not saying you shouldn't stand up for yourself if someone is acting like an ass and bully you, but the one's I am talking about are the constant offenders at every tournament. Kind of like the NFL has become, as in you get beat 5 times in a row and then you finally make a tackle and you walk over the guy and stare in his face as you are getting up. Makes no sense. 

All of the above being said, Khaled's actions were minor in my opinion given his knowledge of the sport. I believe he thought schoolboy was being aggressive toward him when he was moving his arm/hand around to find the position/grip he wanted in the set-up at the 918-9:30 section of the video. Once he understands this more I do not think that will be an issue. We have to remember that he has really no experience in any competitive match like this. 

Great post. People are forgetting the elephant in the room, all the accepted WWE style trashtalk in sport.

Devon, bagent ,matt mask etc turn the tabletop into a circus or ref arguments, pulling away, trashtalk. Connor Mcgregor in MMA insults religion, sexuality, race, color , and 100 million millenials give it a thumbs up.

personally I am a bitsick of it, particularly not coming from a country where we recieved WWE from birth. Also coming from a generation where verbal manners were regarded pretty highly. I think it went too far but it sells tickets to millenials so who can argue.

What is funny is when a guy shows some real quiet aggression without even speaking, and westerners went into a panic :)

Those saying he should have known better, he's not just 'some black guy from a different hood'. There are vastly different cultures out there. Ive lived in several countries and could take you to tribal areas you get macheted for sitting the wrong way or not taking off your sunglasses off when talking to someone.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Karl said:

Great post. People are forgetting the elephant in the room, all the accepted WWE style trashtalk in sport.

Devon, bagent ,matt mask etc turn the tabletop into a circus or ref arguments, pulling away, trashtalk. Connor Mcgregor in MMA insults religion, sexuality, race, color , and 100 million millenials give it a thumbs up.

personally I am a bitsick of it, particularly not coming from a country where we recieved WWE from birth. Also coming from a generation where verbal manners were regarded pretty highly. I think it went too far but it sells tickets to millenials so who can argue.

What is funny is when a guy shows some real quiet aggression without even speaking, and westerners went into a panic :)

Those saying he should have known better, he's not just 'some black guy from a different hood'. There are vastly different cultures out there. Ive lived in several countries and could take you to tribal areas you get macheted for sitting the wrong way or not taking off your sunglasses off when talking to someone.

100% Or tap someone's shoulder from behind in south of Egypt in Al Saa'aeed and he will kill you. Not kidding. And that's just a drop in the Ocean. Most who thought Khaled was being aggressive is unfortunately ignorant of other's culture, haven't traveled the world, don't know or haven't interacted with other races when in fact he thinks he did based on fee things happened in where he lives.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Most who thought Khaled was being aggressive is unfortunately ignorant of other's culture, haven't traveled the world, don't know or haven't interacted with other races when in fact he thinks he did based on fee things happened in where he lives.

Aggression is not linked to race, its largely linked to testosterone. People from Africa or Egypt or anywhere else are not inherently more aggressive than any other people. Also, almost invariably people tend to be aggressive when they think they can get away with it. Someone in Egypt, as you mentioned, may be ready to beat the crap out of you or worse at the drop of a hat but they would be very placid if removed from that familiar environment and, for example, placed in a group of Russian men....in the wilderness in Siberia. Just to illustrate the fact that the most aggressive person will behave exemplarily if they believe aggression will result in very negative consequences for them. Showing aggression between armwrestling training pulls and during the set up (not during the actual pull and I am not talking about competition here) with friendly people you just met shows a lack of awareness of the high probability that aggression may be viewed differently in a given scenario than it is in the place where you grew up. Awa showed restraint when he pulled Mike which is understandable as he knew Mike would beat him no matter what so trying to bully him would be pointless. However Awa used bullying tactics against schoolboy first time which made schoolboy visibly uncomfortable. Watching it my reaction was why the .... is no one telling Awa to calm the .... down between the pulls. It wasn't a competition and he just met the guy and his brother. In the left hand match a couple of days later it was plain obvious that the referee knew lots of people were watching his referring very closely so he did a much better job. Controlled aggression is good in competitive arm wrestling so if he can harness that aggression he will gain more supporters for sure.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mikael Siversson said:

Aggression is not linked to race, its largely linked to testosterone. People from Africa or Egypt or anywhere else are not inherently more aggressive than any other people. Also, almost invariably people tend to be aggressive when they think they can get away with it. Someone in Egypt, as you mentioned, may be ready to beat the crap out of you or worse at the drop of a hat but they would be very placid if removed from that familiar environment and, for example, placed in a group of Russian men....in the wilderness in Siberia. Just to illustrate the fact that the most aggressive person will behave exemplarily if they believe aggression will result in very negative consequences for them. Showing aggression between armwrestling training pulls and during the set up (not during the actual pull and I am not talking about competition here) with friendly people you just met shows a lack of awareness of the high probability that aggression may be viewed differently in a given scenario than it is in the place where you grew up. Awa showed restraint when he pulled Mike which is understandable as he knew Mike would beat him no matter what so trying to bully him would be pointless. However Awa used bullying tactics against schoolboy first time which made schoolboy visibly uncomfortable. Watching it my reaction was why the .... is no one telling Awa to calm the .... down between the pulls. It wasn't a competition and he just met the guy and his brother. In the left hand match a couple of days later it was plain obvious that the referee knew lots of people were watching his referring very closely so he did a much better job. Controlled aggression is good in competitive arm wrestling so if he can harness that aggression he will gain more supporters for sure.

This post clearly shows you haven't been with other cultures in their homeland or out of it. I understand why you and some others do not feel comfortable talking to Khaled or seeing him in public. Some others messaged Khaled and said they feel emasculated by him. Not sure if the others who complain feel the same too. You will even call him Khaled instead of calling him Awa. People usually feel safe behind a screen. Him and schoolboy was a comp, they all knew that in advance. But Khaled is very kind and people who knows him will tell you that. Again, people who knows him, not people who just met him.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

This post clearly shows you haven't been with other cultures in their homeland or out of it. I understand why you and some others do not feel comfortable talking to Khaled or seeing him in public. Some others messaged Khaled and said they feel emasculated by him. Not sure if the others who complain feel the same too. You will even call him Khaled instead of calling him Awa. People usually feel safe behind a screen. Him and schoolboy was a comp, they all knew that in advance. But Khaled is very kind and people who knows him will tell you that. Again, people who knows him, not people who just met him.

This ^^

I have no idea why some people think this was something other than a real match.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mikael Siversson said:

The discussion is behaviour, not aggression. Folks upset he behaved one way in one video, and a different way in another. The other was a comp, and as far as comps go pretty mild behaviour anyway.  Khaeld doesnt need to chill. The people watching the videos need to chill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

This ^^

I have no idea why some people think this was something other than a real match.

Yep

3 hours ago, Karl said:

The discussion is behaviour, not aggression. Folks upset he behaved one way in one video, and a different way in another. The other was a comp, and as far as comps go pretty mild behaviour anyway.  Khaeld doesnt need to chill. The people watching the videos need to chill

And yep! Bullseye 👊🏻😎

• Like 1

On 11/29/2020 at 10:20 PM, Alawadhi said:

You will even call him Khaled instead of calling him Awa.

A bit too stern here brother; this definitely could have been more politely put (said) as there are always two sides of the coin.

As much as we should respect a person's decision to name change and to sincerely remember and strive to use one's new given name it must be remembered and noted that Khaled was only recently introduced to the whole world and in those few initial videos and posts was originally named/referred to as "Awa" (before his conversion to Islam).  That name really stuck in lot of people's minds... mine included I must admit as I keep thinking of him as "Awa" on occasion and not out of disrespect in any way, shape, or form.

"Awa" was a slightly unique (cool) sounding name; it easily rolled off the tongue; and because Khaled really did totally knock all our socks off with his incredible raw/untrained gripping power that original name "Awa" unfortunately imbedded into people's minds hard... Larry Wheel's to name one (he kept slipping up on that in his videos and I was a bit dismayed that such a nice polite guy was slightly but publicly chagrined for it as it was clearly an honest mistake on his part as he is extremely and sincerely excited about Khaled's potential in the strength world.

I guess my point is that using a wrong name shouldn't always be immediately viewed as a sign of prejudice or ill-will intent but rather simply the quirkiness of human being recall memory. Cheers and respects.

On 11/29/2020 at 11:20 PM, Alawadhi said:

I understand why you and some others do not feel comfortable talking to Khaled or seeing him in public. 

I don't feel emasculated watching Khaled arm wrestling much in the same way I don't feel emasculated watching Lasha snatch 220 kg. I just enjoy watching strength sports, especially at elite level. I have no interest talking to Khaled and most other people for that matter (sorry I called him Awa, simply forgot he changed his name) and I don't feel 'uncomfortable' watching him armwrestling regardless of his manners (I might cringe though).  However, free speech allows me and others to comment on people's behaviour at, for example, an armwrestling training session.  

Personally I’m not concerned with Khaleds behavior. I’m certain that he will be a perfect gentleman if he ever makes it to the USA for collaboration.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Personally I’m not concerned with Khaleds behavior. I’m certain that he will be a perfect gentleman if he ever makes it to the USA for collaboration.

Oh yeah same as he is here. Good man but very competitive.

• Like 1