School Boy Vs Larry Wheels and Khaled Jashell

Alawadhi

22 minutes ago, king crusher said:

I have to agree with this.

Indeed, its painful to watch.

5 hours ago, Slippery Pete said:

Respect to schoolboy for putting up with that nonsense from khaled.

I understand that some people get terrified watching this as they are not used to hard life. To Khaled, Schoolboy started "bullying" at 9:20 and Khaled is not the type to submit. He will hit back stronger. He is a warrior by nature and proves it to whomever meet him face to face if he felt he was being disrespected. Yet, he is very kind if you are kind to him.

• Like 7

There is always someone stronger. He would have way more supporters if he showed good sportsmanship, like Larry does for example. Would have been better, given his personality, if they had adopted stricter rules with fouls for disobeying the referee (which he did a lot). That said he's got some excellent hand and wrist strength.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, slazbob said:

True, at the Yukon Jack in ‘93 or ‘94. 

93. It is on a very early MILO cover with an interesting JB interview in the mag. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

I understand that some people get terrified watching this as they are not used to hard life. To Khaled, Schoolboy started "bullying" at 9:20 and Khaled is not the type to submit. He will hit back stronger. He is a warrior by nature and proves it to whomever meet him face to face if he felt he was being disrespected. Yet, he is very kind if you are kind to him.

Terrified was a strange pick of word in this case. I just got disappointed by watching the behavior that khaled showed during the match.
If you want to justify this kind of sportsmanship, be my guest. But I would not want to be a part of a community if the majority of people acted like this.

There are alot of people in the world living hard lifes. Many of them are insightful and gentle humans. And don't talk as if you knew what hardships and not I have gone through.

I just shared my opinion about how I perceived an armwrestling round. No need to get to sad about it.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Slippery Pete said:

Terrified was a strange pick of word in this case. I just got disappointed by watching the behavior that khaled showed during the match.
If you want to justify this kind of sportsmanship, be my guest. But I would not want to be a part of a community if the majority of people acted like this.

There are alot of people in the world living hard lifes. Many of them are insightful and gentle humans. And don't talk as if you knew what hardships and not I have gone through.

I just shared my opinion about how I perceived an armwrestling round. No need to get to sad about it.

Unfortunately, from the several arm wrestling tournaments I attended in the past, I would say at least 25% of Americans act like children in arm wrestling matches and have poor sportsmanship and very little respect toward their opponent and the referees. Very large, fragile egos and lots of unnatural testosterone. Just watch many of the large televised matches over the last 4-5 years and you will see. Obviously not all are like that, but it is a large enough percentage to be very noticeable. I am pretty sure I have only been to one tournament that a fight did not break out or almost broke out. It is sad. I also understand that some people act a certain way to mentally get in their opponents head, but they usually try to push it too far. I'm not saying you shouldn't stand up for yourself if someone is acting like an ass and bully you, but the one's I am talking about are the constant offenders at every tournament. Kind of like the NFL has become, as in you get beat 5 times in a row and then you finally make a tackle and you walk over the guy and stare in his face as you are getting up. Makes no sense. 

All of the above being said, Khaled's actions were minor in my opinion given his knowledge of the sport. I believe he thought schoolboy was being aggressive toward him when he was moving his arm/hand around to find the position/grip he wanted in the set-up at the 918-9:30 section of the video. Once he understands this more I do not think that will be an issue. We have to remember that he has really no experience in any competitive match like this. 

Edited by Billy Jack
  • Like 3

It’s just real life for Khaled. We get used to the “safe places” that organized sport gives us.

but imagine in real life going up to Khaled and trying to grip up with him and pin him without someone there to save you from his advantage. 
he’s very respectful to Bader and humble in their videos.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

I enjoyed watching it. He has a winners mentality. This guy will go far if he wants to.

Armwrestling is a combat sport, don't forget that. It's not smart to let your opponent take advantage of you. If there's a violation of the rules, it's the ref's job to enforce the rules and give out penalties, if they don't do that, they suck and shouldn't be judging in the first place.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I enjoyed watching it. He has a winners mentality. This guy will go far if he wants to.

Armwrestling is a combat sport, don't forget that. It's not smart to let your opponent take advantage of you. If there's a violation of the rules, it's the ref's job to enforce the rules and give out penalties, if they don't do that, they suck and shouldn't be judging in the first place.

Thank you! I think some people forget this isnt chess or golf.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I think part of the issue was that Schoolboy was expecting more official conditions.. but I don't think it was ever stated - for Larry's match yes. Khaled was an after thought for a bit of fun, turned out to not be so fun for Schoolboy.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Haha, chess is violent tho but only in theory :D

I'm pretty sure more people have died in golf than AW aswell, getting a golf ball in the head can't be fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Haha, chess is violent tho but only in theory :D

I'm pretty sure more people have died in golf than AW aswell, getting a golf ball in the head can't be fun.

I didnt mention spectators haha

47 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

That was part of the problem. By now they should known that Khaled would take this as a life or death battle. Strict rules (I think you loose a match if you foul twice?) would have made it more enjoyable to watch.

4 hours ago, Slippery Pete said:

Well Devon Larrat is one of the moat respectful guy I've met and he is a world champion. His views are like mine. Watch his video.

I am not sad by any means. Khaled proves himself and is approved by a world champion. Enough said ;)

2 hours ago, slazbob said:

It’s just real life for Khaled. We get used to the “safe places” that organized sport gives us.

but imagine in real life going up to Khaled and trying to grip up with him and pin him without someone there to save you from his advantage. 
he’s very respectful to Bader and humble in their videos.

100%! 

And yes he is always humble unless someone dearespectes him. And after the match with schoolboy, they hugged and took pictures. How do some guys who are terrified of what they saw want Khaled to smile during the match? Before and after the match, but not during :D

2 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Exactly  it is a combat sport. Yet some are afraid for some reasons.

2 hours ago, Stephen Anderson said:

Haha

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Interesting to see americans not support his demeanor, I thought stuff like this was 'appreciated' in a general sense. 

...spoke too soon. 😜

I dig Khaled. And I’ll 2nd the supplement comments. He’s crazy strong already. He’d be an animal geared.

also exciting that he’s so new to all this and coming in so strong. I would say he’s the rarest thing to happen to grip and Armwrestling (as in- his combined talent between both disciplines at the same time) we’ve seen in a long time, if ever. ...in fact, now that I think about it, I’ve never heard of anyone coming into BOTH sports as strong as he has. Nobody just walks up and lifts millennium db’s... let alone for reps! And nobody just walks up to a table and crushes an elite level puller. Personally, I’m excited AF for the guy. And he doesn’t look old.. so if he can avoid the injuries that come with both sports, we could see his reign continue to have momentum for quite some time.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mikael Siversson said:

That was part of the problem. By now they should known that Khaled would take this as a life or death battle. Strict rules (I think you loose a match if you foul twice?) would have made it more enjoyable to watch.

No, you wouldnt see the actually match, but a winner by fouls. 

1 hour ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

No, you wouldnt see the actually match, but a winner by fouls. 

I would have enjoyed that, seriously😄. I have always enjoyed watching people getting caught trying to bend the rules/not paying attention to what the referee says in armwrestling. If I want to see pure strength I would just watch Hafthor pull 500k in deadlift or something. Armwrestling is a fun to watch combination of strength, technique and 'fighting' IQ but it only works if you have strict rules and great referees. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 2:19 PM, Tommy J. said:

Nobody just walks up and lifts millennium db’s... let alone for reps! And nobody just walks up to a table and crushes an elite level puller. 

True but it takes a special kind of personality to be completely oblivious to the unwritten rules of engagement behaviour for friendly training pulls. There were plenty of clues at hand by simply observing the friendly interactions between all the others.

• Like 1

Think the best part of video for me was school boy trying to tare away and automatically get to the straps those first rounds, and then the straps came and he soon realized that’s  what he didn’t want Lol . That head shake after the lose was priceless!

• Like 1

At 8.59 Kahlid's elbow is completely off the pad, resting on the table. This saved him (improved his angle) from being pinned in the first match up. Needless to say SB's CNS was already taxed at that point after pulling Larry and, I believe, others. If they ever pull again I can imagine SB demanding a properly referred match where you get penalised for e.g. disobeying the referee. 

53 minutes ago, Mikael Siversson said:

At 8.59 Kahlid's elbow is completely off the pad, resting on the table. This saved him (improved his angle) from being pinned in the first match up. Needless to say SB's CNS was already taxed at that point after pulling Larry and, I believe, others. If they ever pull again I can imagine SB demanding a properly referred match where you get penalised for e.g. disobeying the referee. 

Mikael

SB match with Larry was with the left hand, right hand with Khaled.

Larry's left hand didn't stand a chance for SB. It did not wore his CNS.

You imagine a lot. Besides Larry, SB didn't armwrestle anyone before Khaled.

There might be a match tomorrow. And let's say everyone online giving opinions doesn't matter at all on what's going on ground. Only a close few friends in AW have been briefed. But lemme say this, both Khaled and SB are strong. And in contrary to what online keyboard warrior say, they are friends.

Screenshot_20201031-195238_Gallery.thumb.jpg.8d7788c388ee31f8dfd9b3d2ca4c9180.jpg

20201030_175106.jpg

20201030_190050.jpg

20201030_190109.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

Mikael

SB match with Larry was with the left hand, right hand with Khaled.

Larry's left hand didn't stand a chance for SB. It did not wore his CNS.

You imagine a lot. Besides Larry, SB didn't armwrestle anyone before Khaled.

There might be a match tomorrow. And let's say everyone online giving opinions doesn't matter at all on what's going on ground. Only a close few friends in AW have been briefed. But lemme say this, both Khaled and SB are strong. And in contrary to what online keyboard warrior say, they are friends.

I imagined one thing it that post. Not quite the same as "a lot". Does not matter if he pulled with his left hand. The central nervous system does not care which hand you use. Most people are 'friendly' when they are temporarily stuck with someone. 

1 hour ago, Mikael Siversson said:

I imagined one thing it that post. Not quite the same as "a lot". Does not matter if he pulled with his left hand. The central nervous system does not care which hand you use. Most people are 'friendly' when they are temporarily stuck with someone. 

His cns wasn’t going to help him with that hand he was up against. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mikael Siversson said:

Again Mikael

You don't know whats going on behind the scene at all. SB is no challenge to Khaled. Period. All of your "scientific explanation" won't help, as usual. And speak about yourself, not most people!

Train your hands to be stronger. Don't waste time on Khaled as Khaled is only getting stronger day by day.

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 1