Jump to content

Pancho's Best lifts


Recommended Posts

pancho_grip_lift

I decided to max out at finnish ball last friday:

I made a tall lift of 25,6kg. 

Very happy with this PR after 8 months of not touching it! :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • pancho_grip_lift

    124

  • mcalpine1986

    26

  • Nuttgens

    8

  • Chez

    3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saturday's Session Dinnie lifts 303kg * 4 singles. The heaviest lifts I've done prior to a peaking phase. Also it was the first time I could lift my 170kg stone, The Heavy Pancho Stone.

Today's Session: Axle Overhead press: 57,5kg*5 60kg*5 62,5kg*5 (on video)  This is my best five on an Axle Bar. My best overhead press has been 75kg*3 on an olympic bar. I hop

Quick circuit today -9 pull ups -20 step ups -9 toes to bar -20 single leg deadlifts -9 dips 4 cycles, minimum rest in between. Spent like 20 min, so all good for a

Posted Images

pancho_grip_lift

Plate curling 12,5kg. My best plate curl has been 13,85kg :)

 

Edited by pancho_grip_lift
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
mcalpine1986
On 10/26/2020 at 12:58 AM, pancho_grip_lift said:

Plat curling 12,5kg. My best plate curl has been 13,85kg :)

 

Very good work. I know i have you on instagram, I love plate curls. They are a tough move. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
pancho_grip_lift
6 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Very good work. I know i have you on instagram, I love plate curls. They are a tough move. 

How are you my friend?

Yes, they feel great at my hands and wrists. I saw many posts about their benefits and decided to give them their place into my sessions. I just want to reach my 15kg plate in the upcoming weeks :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
pancho_grip_lift

[SQUATS]

Yesterday's session was:

80kg*5

85kg*5

90kg*5

95kg*5

100kg*5

 

[2HP]

50kgkg*5sec hold

52,5kgkg*5sec hold

55kgkg*3sec hold

 

Getting back to barbell squats since February. I just purchased a Squat stand and an Axle bar replica so I can have fun again with many movements. Also striving to regain my peak strength at pinching :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
mcalpine1986
1 hour ago, pancho_grip_lift said:

How are you my friend?

Yes, they feel great at my hands and wrists. I saw many posts about their benefits and decided to give them their place into my sessions. I just want to reach my 15kg plate in the upcoming weeks :)

Iam good, yourself? 

Iam "justyouraveragegripster" on Insta.

Yes they have lots of benefits. 15kg is a good goal. I tried my big 15kg this morning. Not that strict but not bad for a first try. My oly plate is very wide. 

Ive done 15.25kg for 2 reps but with a shorter plate. Such a hard move. 

 

You will get the 15kg no doubt. You are very strong.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
pancho_grip_lift
2 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Iam good, yourself? 

Iam "justyouraveragegripster" on Insta.

Yes they have lots of benefits. 15kg is a good goal. I tried my big 15kg this morning. Not that strict but not bad for a first try. My oly plate is very wide. 

Ive done 15.25kg for 2 reps but with a shorter plate. Such a hard move. 

 

You will get the 15kg no doubt. You are very strong.

Yes! I was guessing it becouse of your last name, but wasn't sure. Good to see you in the board Paul! I am kind of new here...right now I have a lot of time to learn more about grip training and strength in general from this community. 

Maybe I'll try 15kg this Friday, just to feel the weight on my hand...not sure If my wrist will tolerate the pressure yet to do it strictly. I really liked plate curls, and I think I'll stick to them for a long time :rock

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
mcalpine1986
1 hour ago, pancho_grip_lift said:

Yes! I was guessing it becouse of your last name, but wasn't sure. Good to see you in the board Paul! I am kind of new here...right now I have a lot of time to learn more about grip training and strength in general from this community. 

Maybe I'll try 15kg this Friday, just to feel the weight on my hand...not sure If my wrist will tolerate the pressure yet to do it strictly. I really liked plate curls, and I think I'll stick to them for a long time :rock

Yes give the 15kg plate a try? Is it a standard plate? Olympic? 

The width or diameter plays a huge part. Its the wrist i stuggle with. I feel i have the bicep strength but not the wrist strength to keep it straight. Yet anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
pancho_grip_lift
1 hour ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Yes give the 15kg plate a try? Is it a standard plate? Olympic? 

The width or diameter plays a huge part. Its the wrist i stuggle with. I feel i have the bicep strength but not the wrist strength to keep it straight. Yet anyway.

662857606_WhatsAppImage2020-10-27at13_31.29(1).thumb.jpeg.a643dea1b7b912fe709dd0b42cdfa27f.jpeg1398317235_WhatsAppImage2020-10-27at13_31_29.thumb.jpeg.e81eb84193b32f24185558406bea5d55.jpeg

Olimpic one, my hand fits well, and the thumb can grab it with no pain

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
pancho_grip_lift

 

Today's Session:

Axle Overhead press:

57,5kg*5

60kg*5

62,5kg*5 (on video) 

This is my best five on an Axle Bar. My best overhead press has been 75kg*3 on an olympic bar. I hope to get close and surpass that level in the near future :)

 

Bodyweight Pull ups @94,5kg

24*bw

17*bw

15+2*bw

 

Banded tricep extensions 35*5 (green band)

Calf raises +40kg*3*40

Ab Wheel 25*3 - 20*1

 

Edited by pancho_grip_lift
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
mcalpine1986
16 hours ago, pancho_grip_lift said:

662857606_WhatsAppImage2020-10-27at13_31.29(1).thumb.jpeg.a643dea1b7b912fe709dd0b42cdfa27f.jpeg1398317235_WhatsAppImage2020-10-27at13_31_29.thumb.jpeg.e81eb84193b32f24185558406bea5d55.jpeg

Olimpic one, my hand fits well, and the thumb can grab it with no pain

Very nice plate. Looks great for plate curls. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
pancho_grip_lift
1 hour ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Very nice plate. Looks great for plate curls. 

Yes! I had great experience with the 5kg and 10kg plate of that brand :)

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, pancho_grip_lift said:

 

Today's Session:

Axle Overhead press:

57,5kg*5

60kg*5

62,5kg*5 (on video) 

This is my best five on an Axle Bar. My best overhead press has been 75kg*3 on an olympic bar. I hope to get close and surpass that level in the near future :)

 

Bodyweight Pull ups @94,5kg

24*bw

17*bw

15+2*bw

 

Banded tricep extensions 35*5 (green band)

Calf raises +40kg*3*40

Ab Wheel 25*3 - 20*1

 

Strong pressing and pullups man 👍

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
pancho_grip_lift
9 hours ago, AvgJo said:

Strong pressing and pullups man 👍

Thank you my friend! 

Everything is going well so far...good numbers to come :mosher

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see you posting more often here bud. Strong work

Link to post
Share on other sites
pancho_grip_lift
2 hours ago, Chez said:

Good to see you posting more often here bud. Strong work

Thank you Chez! I finally decided to get seriously into the board, and learning a lot from other gripsters

My best wishes with your upcoming bench maxout :rock

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
pancho_grip_lift

Today's workout:

Dinnie lift Straddle 265kg*2 . First single: 150 Right hand, 115 Left hand; Second Single, vice versa:

Then, 

Dinnie lift side by side 245kg*2. Switching sides as well

Finally,

Hub lift test after 7 months off,

Not close to where I'd like to, but is a good starting point.

Finally, 

Little big Horn

20kg*1

30kg*1

40kg*1

50kg*1

60kg * fail :(

Plate curl test

5kg*3

7,5lg*3

10kg*3

12,5kg*3

15kg* Fail :(

Bull ring extensors hold

7,5kg * 27sec

7,5kg * 20sec

7,5kg* 17 sec

Fingerwalks

Hard way: pillory + 1kg*3

Easy way: pillory +1kg *3

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
mcalpine1986
On 10/30/2020 at 3:56 AM, pancho_grip_lift said:

Today's workout:

Dinnie lift Straddle 265kg*2 . First single: 150 Right hand, 115 Left hand; Second Single, vice versa:

Then, 

Dinnie lift side by side 245kg*2. Switching sides as well

Finally,

Hub lift test after 7 months off,

Not close to where I'd like to, but is a good starting point.

Finally, 

Little big Horn

20kg*1

30kg*1

40kg*1

50kg*1

60kg * fail :(

Plate curl test

5kg*3

7,5lg*3

10kg*3

12,5kg*3

15kg* Fail :(

Bull ring extensors hold

7,5kg * 27sec

7,5kg * 20sec

7,5kg* 17 sec

Fingerwalks

Hard way: pillory + 1kg*3

Easy way: pillory +1kg *3

 

 

Great work. Good job on the plate curls. The 15kg will come in time. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
pancho_grip_lift
On 10/31/2020 at 8:30 AM, mcalpine1986 said:

Great work. Good job on the plate curls. The 15kg will come in time. 

Thank you Paul, what strategy has been better for you to achieve better levels at platecurls?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
pancho_grip_lift

Today's Training:

2HP 50mm block:

-20kg*1

-30kg*1

-40kg*1

-50kg*1

-56kg*1

Squat:

-20kg*5

-70kg*5

-70kg*5

-105kg*3

-107,5*3

-110*3

Felt kind of low energy today, but I'll take care of my recovery to have a nice training week.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
pancho_grip_lift

Today's Training

Axle press:

20kg*5

40kg*5

55kg*3

65kg*3

67,5kg*2 (wanted to do 3 but couldn't today)

 

Calf raises +20kg 

4 sets of 40 reps

 

Kneeling Ab wheel

2 sets of 25

1 set of 15

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
mcalpine1986
On 11/2/2020 at 6:41 PM, pancho_grip_lift said:

Thank you Paul, what strategy has been better for you to achieve better levels at platecurls?

For me. Using a smaller plate the microloading with a Dumbbell bar through the middle. 

I used my 300mm/12" wide plate. Put an adjustable Db bar through the middle then add smaller weights on top. I have vids of this on my insta. My best was 15.25kg for 2 strcit reps. Give it try it helps build strength.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
pancho_grip_lift
On 11/4/2020 at 4:41 AM, mcalpine1986 said:

For me. Using a smaller plate the microloading with a Dumbbell bar through the middle. 

I used my 300mm/12" wide plate. Put an adjustable Db bar through the middle then add smaller weights on top. I have vids of this on my insta. My best was 15.25kg for 2 strcit reps. Give it try it helps build strength.

I saw it on instagram. It's a great idea. I think I'll do it with a loading pin becouse I just have olympic plates here. You are doing really well with plate curls, great progress :)

23 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

NICE WORK

Thank you John!

Link to post
Share on other sites
mcalpine1986
1 hour ago, pancho_grip_lift said:

I saw it on instagram. It's a great idea. I think I'll do it with a loading pin becouse I just have olympic plates here. You are doing really well with plate curls, great progress :)

Thank you John!

Yes a loading pin will work just a well.

Thanks, i did 6 reps left today. Im very sore though. I should have rested more. Grip is so addictive i find it hard to rest 😂 i must win teh race im in to 10 reps with 15kg. 4 more reps and ive won.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.