World strongest grip

Alawadhi

World strongest grip video by Larry Wheels is online

• Like 13

7 hours ago, offermann said:

I think you should title the thread, "untrained car mechanic closes 3.5 CoC" would get much more interest

That would be a lie since he has trained with grippers. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, offermann said:

Where was that said?

He has trained with grippers at home and at the grip gym. Watch all of Alawadhi's videos with him.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, offermann said:

I think you should title the thread, "untrained car mechanic closes 3.5 CoC" would get much more interest

What everyone said plus it's not my video. It's Larry's.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, offermann said:

Dude lifts the Mbell like that and your take away was the title? 👍👍👍amazing 

if your going to offer marketing advice I’m sure Larry will be all ears - I mean he’s only got like 2 million subscribers 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Obviously he could learn much from you guys 

Bader I really appreciate you filming & sharing all this stuff - Larry’s interest in grip is the best exposure we as a community have ever got. The ten best grip guys in the world combined couldn’t reach .0001% of the world the way Larry does. So much of that has been your design & handiwork. Looking forward to the next video 👍👍👍👍

• Like 11

That video was among the most incredible things I’ve ever seen. One absolutely elite grip feat after another.

• Like 4

I'm not so much impressed as I am astounded at what I saw here.  Show him "how" to bend and i have no doubt he would add the Red Nail to everything else he can do.  We're going to need a whole new group of "feats" to challenge him.  Unbelievable!  Keep it coming please.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, climber511 said:

I'm not so much impressed as I am astounded at what I saw here.  Show him "how" to bend and i have no doubt he would add the Red Nail to everything else he can do.  We're going to need a whole new group of "feats" to challenge him.  Unbelievable!  Keep it coming please.

With the way he was destroying everything I almost expected him to bend the red nail with the slim style he was using with the wraps held like hotdog bund (Ostlund).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Dude lifts the Mbell like that and your take away was the title? 👍👍👍amazing 

if your going to offer marketing advice I’m sure Larry will be all ears - I mean he’s only got like 2 million subscribers 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ Obviously he could learn much from you guys 

Bader I really appreciate you filming & sharing all this stuff - Larry’s interest in grip is the best exposure we as a community have ever got. The ten best grip guys in the world combined couldn’t reach .0001% of the world the way Larry does. So much of that has been your design & handiwork. Looking forward to the next video 👍👍👍👍

Lol 😅 Well true. Larry has a large crowd following him and he is a very good exposure to our beloved sport. More plans to come guys, wait and see. Let the damn Con-job 19 sorry I mean COVID-19 get out of the way first and I resume what I have stopped.

Today I was with Khaled and I showed Khaled your strict 45 pound curl and he was blown. Said to send send his best regards and that he will train to do same when you are here (plus pinching my 2 thick 45s).

I'll make a new topic now on Khaled's friend. He is also amazing!

6 hours ago, David_wigren said:

That video was among the most incredible things I’ve ever seen. One absolutely elite grip feat after another.

100%

1 hour ago, climber511 said:

Maybe who knows. I just didn't have the energy at all to show him anything after all of that.

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

With the way he was destroying everything I almost expected him to bend the red nail with the slim style he was using with the wraps held like hotdog bund (Ostlund).

Lol yeah. That was at the end of the workout. Anywhere between 2.5 hours to 3. I was physically but more mentally. I really didn't wanna teach him how to DO bend as I was not into it at all and he was tired too (we have also done some AW).

28 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Thats small potatoes, he might be able to bend the inch, a world's first. 

Lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What is the name of the grip gauge thing they are using in the beginning?

6 hours ago, Blackdog said:

What is the name of the grip gauge thing they are using in the beginning?

Baseline Dynamometer.

• Like 2

crazy strong and interesting to see how some humans are just naturally extremely strong. I know this will be taken the wrong way and that doesn't bother me.  I just really like seeing people who started off weak and busted there ass too become strong.  I just tend to look up to and respect these types of individuals and stories more.  Theres a lot more that can be learned from them.  Is it entertaining to watch people lift really heavy things absolutely.  Its just more interesting and inspiring to watch someone lift heavy things that busted there ass to achieve that goal.   Its kind of like being born rich vs grinding to open your own business or invest etc.  You really cant learn anything from someone who was born rich but someone who started from the bottom and grinded every step of the way and failed countless times before they finally found a successful formula there is a ton of wisdom to be learned there.  I just feel like we see alot of people who were born rich in strength sports. 

Edited by JayGrips
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, JayGrips said:

crazy strong and interesting to see how some humans are just naturally extremely strong. I know this will be taken the wrong way and that doesn't bother me.  I just really like seeing people who started off weak and busted there ass too become strong.  I just tend to look up to and respect these types of individuals and stories more.  Theres a lot more that can be learned from them.  Is it entertaining to watch people lift really heavy things absolutely.  Its just more interesting and inspiring to watch someone lift heavy things that busted there ass to achieve that goal.   Its kind of like being born rich vs grinding to open your own business or invest etc.  You really cant learn anything from someone who was born rich but someone who started from the bottom and grinded every step of the way and failed countless times before they finally found a successful formula there is a ton of wisdom to be learned there.  I just feel like we see alot of people who were born rich in strength sports. 

You know it's perfectly possible to work hard even if you have good genetics or if you're born rich.

You just end up at different levels.

2 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

You know it's perfectly possible to work hard even if you have good genetics or if you're born rich.

You just end up at different levels.

oh i didn't realize that was possible. now i know thanks

Sure, Khaled is gifted. But I don’t think his strength was given to him for free. From what I hear he works as an auto mechanic and I’m sure he uses his hands alot in his work.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Getting that strong from changing some parts on a vechicle should by all means be considered god given. It isnt that demanding. 

Khaled is a freak for sure. But I don’t think he would be closing 3’s and juggling inches if he worked in an office all his life and did no gym training. 

I’ve only heard one or two stories but it sounds like Khaled has made the work be demanding. Lifting tires one handed and such. 

My experience from armwrestling is that the strongest hands and forearms are seldom found on “gym guys” such as powerlifters and etc. At least not if the gym guy has an office job and only got his strength through the gym. There are exceptions of course but from my own experience, the freaky strong hands have all been been found on plumbers, mechanics, carpenters, farmers and etc. 

Edited by David_wigren
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Khaled is a freak for sure. But I don’t think he would be closing 3’s and juggling inches if he worked in an office all his life and did no gym training. 

I’ve only heard one or two stories but it sounds like Khaled has made the work be demanding. Lifting tires one handed and such. 

My experience from armwrestling is that the strongest hands and forearms are seldom found on “gym guys” such as powerlifters and etc. At least not if the gym guy has an office job and only got his strength through the gym. There are exceptions of course but from my own experience, the freaky strong hands have all been been found on plumbers, mechanics, carpenters, farmers and etc. 

Do you have any theory as to how this could be true? I’ve always wondered about it. It seems back to front, that lifters who train hard frequently should have the stronger arms and bigger hands. Maybe 1-2 hours in the gym is not enough, but 8-10 hours at work, 5 days per week is enough for adaptation. That’s all I can think of. Unless, like you said, these manual workers are going out their way to make things more challenging for themselves. 

Edited by AvgJo

3 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Exactly, the strongest hands comes from hard manual labor. I've met powerlifters (really strong ones) and people with exceptionally large hands. None of them were strong when they tried my grippers or other grip stuff. The strongest hands I've met was not trained in a gym. One was a car mechanic and the other was a baker.. Both had strong hands naturally, from their work. The car mechanic could click #2 level gripper loudly with a no set (and no technique obviously) first time he tried a gripper.

Manual labor is grip training. Standard gym training isn't necessarily grip training by todays standards if you not intentionally make it to be.

2 hours ago, AvgJo said:

Do you have any theory as to how this could be true? I’ve always wondered about it. It seems back to front, that lifters who train hard frequently should have the stronger arms and bigger hands. Maybe 1-2 hours in the gym is not enough, but 8-10 hours at work, 5 days per week is enough for adaptation. That’s all I can think of. Unless, like you said, these manual workers are going out their way to make things more challenging for themselves. 

It's all about ego and stupidity. People who train smart in the gym will obviously also train their hands. People who ego lift will use straps for everything, thus, they will not develop a strong grip.

Even strongman use sleeves and glue on their hands and arms when they lifts stones these days. Pathetic is the word to describe it.

36 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

At F&S there was a guy I witnessed who deadlifted 300kg, then some dude asked him why he used straps (a bit ignorant of course in this case) and he answered who the hell cares about grip strength, that doesn't matter at all to me. Lol. I think alot of people think like that though, grip is just overlooked. They really don't even think about it. 

And deadlift gets a bad name for being a dangerous exercise.. when people are lifting weights they technically can't.

Edited by AvgJo

Video of Mark Felix attempting the Millennium

• Like 3