Jump to content

Faking gripper closes


Recommended Posts

Alawadhi

This is only for educational purpose. I hope we keep it civil. So there are ways cheaters do to fake a gripper close. I attempted one. First time was a miserable failure which ended in so much laughter.

 

Second one was successful. It was something we thought on the spot to do. Clean people of course won't get offended by this video. 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
David_wigren

Well done, you repped that 3.5 easy. You should cert!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
David_wigren

I’ve been thinking about attempting to do a flawless fake gripper close of a #4 close with everything shown on video, width of the gripper before and after, caliper measurement of the spring, close inspection of the spring etc. And see if anyone can find how I faked the close.


I know some of you will probably think “but David, you already have a flawless #4 close”. But if you inspect closely, you will find that I have altered the spring a little in that photo.

2B62B976-642B-41A3-B824-422BDB9425F1.png

Edited by David_wigren
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
bruce1337
4 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

I’ve been thinking about attempting to do a flawless fake gripper close of a #4 close with everything shown on video, width of the gripper before and after, caliper measurement of the spring, close inspection of the spring etc. And see if anyone can find how I faked the close.


I know some of you will probably think “but David, you already have a flawless #4 close”. But if you inspect closely, you will find that I have altered the spring a little in that photo.

2B62B976-642B-41A3-B824-422BDB9425F1.png

That photo makes me laugh out loud everytime i see it 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Wannagrip
5 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

That photo makes me laugh out loud everytime i see it 🤣

Me too! :)

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hubgeezer
52 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Well done, you repped that 3.5 easy. You should cert!

No. They were not full range. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
bruce1337

I also closed my coc3 a while ago, very proud of this

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
David_wigren
12 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

No. They were not full range. 

Damn you purists and your full ranged closes!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Two cheaters/fakers/frauds l disliked my two video. Few fake accounts started to attack on social media and emails. Three people that knows me asked me personally if I meant them....lol. Guys, lemme tell you this (and I know distance from me will make you feel safe), if you are clean, there is nothing to worry about. Why bother? We all fight for justice. But if you faked a lift or a close, then shame on you. Until then, The People will be demanding answers.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hubgeezer
11 hours ago, Alawadhi said:, lemme tell you this (and I know distance from me will make you feel safe), if you are clean, there is nothing to worry about. Why bother? We all fight for justice. But if you faked a lift or a close, then shame on you. 

Bader, excuse me for asking for clarification. When you say “clean”, do you mean “honest”, or “truthful”, or “honorable”, or words similar to that? In sports in the US, we tend to use the word “clean” to mean “drug free”...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hubgeezer said:

Bader, excuse me for asking for clarification. When you say “clean”, do you mean “honest”, or “truthful”, or “honorable”, or words similar to that? In sports in the US, we tend to use the word “clean” to mean “drug free”...

Sorry for the misclarification. By clean I meant honest, truthful, honorable. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
25 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Sorry for the misclarification. By clean I meant honest, truthful, honorable. 

Quite amazing that people really care so much that it drives them to "attack" you on social media and stuff. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Climber028
18 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Quite amazing that people really care so much that it drives them to "attack" you on social media and stuff. 

I've been in a lot of communities and hobbies and there are always cheaters, it's weird even for stuff with no prizes or reward, people will still cheat and fake things for whatever reason. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Fist of Fury
1 hour ago, Climber028 said:

I've been in a lot of communities and hobbies and there are always cheaters, it's weird even for stuff with no prizes or reward, people will still cheat and fake things for whatever reason. 

Yes, there's always people who seeks attention. Doesn't matter if it's competitive or not. There's always a fair share of attention whores out there :D 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
king crusher
On 10/15/2020 at 3:42 AM, David_wigren said:

I’ve been thinking about attempting to do a flawless fake gripper close of a #4 close with everything shown on video, width of the gripper before and after, caliper measurement of the spring, close inspection of the spring etc. And see if anyone can find how I faked the close.


I know some of you will probably think “but David, you already have a flawless #4 close”. But if you inspect closely, you will find that I have altered the spring a little in that photo.

2B62B976-642B-41A3-B824-422BDB9425F1.png

How did you come to own the man, the myth,  the legend,  Joe Kinnys #4 gripper?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
David_wigren
4 hours ago, king crusher said:

How did you come to own the man, the myth,  the legend,  Joe Kinnys #4 gripper?

I don’t see how Kinney has anything to with a topic about faking gripper closes.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
king crusher
29 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

👎

Oh come on sir,  his 4 close is about as believable as bigfoot running around the woods. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
1 hour ago, king crusher said:

Oh come on sir,  his 4 close is about as believable as bigfoot running around the woods. 

Oh you are just jealous of Kinney's supremacy. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.