COC 3.5 Certification

Morgan

53 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Well, it's pritty hard to fake when you have to show opening both the postpackage and then also the gripperpackage, showing the handle of the gripper and doing all this without the gripper going out of frame.

I hope this opens up for more certs! :D

Hope so in a good way. That's why I said IM needs a tough cert requirement like the MMG or tougher.

Edit: We all know some people are willing to cheat to get a name in grip world. Closing a gripper or lifting something means so much to them (shows their life goal and dream) that actually ruining their name by cheating on it is an option; which is actually pretty sad life.

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Wannagrip said:

Congrats!  Double clutched it too for the final distance to close! Dang!  

“Double clutched it”. Good succinct description.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2020 at 3:11 AM, Hubgeezer said:

I think IronMind would not do this if not for Covid. If you look on their website, there were a few "Red Nail" certifiers recently as well.

As far as Certification for the 3.5 goes, I don't think there are many guys "waiting in line" for getting Certified.

I would love to order # 4, by spring, when I'm in great shape, for home certification, if there was a chance of at least 210lb

Edited by SeNoLD
  • Like 2

On 10/13/2020 at 2:39 PM, Lennix said:

Well, it's pritty hard to fake when you have to show opening both the postpackage and then also the gripperpackage, showing the handle of the gripper and doing all this without the gripper going out of frame.

I hope this opens up for more certs! :D

I say it’s relatively easy to fake with a bit of resourcefulness. I don’t like what Ironmind is doing with the online certs. IMO it taints the whole thing. Luckily, the one’s who’s certed thus far are all respectable people with good reputation. However, I worry that people might want to take advantage of the situation. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, David_wigren said:

I say it’s relatively easy to fake with a bit of resourcefulness. I don’t like what Ironmind is doing with the online certs. IMO it taints the whole thing. Luckily, the one’s who’s certed thus far are all respectable people with good reputation. However, I worry that people might want to take advantage of the situation. 

My thought exactly 

5 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Is it the independent witness requirement chosen by IM, which has not been present for the last two Certs, that causes you to have that opinion?

The MM certs used to have a human witness requirement (and the witness had to be a gripboard member), but that requirement was dropped many years ago.

There have been times over the years, in the case of IM, that the person getting certified had to travel a fairly long distance to meet up with some stranger selected by IM.

I hope that whenever things get a little closer to “normal”, IM goes back to the independently selected witness procedure.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 3:03 PM, Hubgeezer said:

Is it the independent witness requirement chosen by IM, which has not been present for the last two Certs, that causes you to have that opinion?

The MM certs used to have a human witness requirement (and the witness had to be a gripboard member), but that requirement was dropped many years ago.

There have been times over the years, in the case of IM, that the person getting certified had to travel a fairly long distance to meet up with some stranger selected by IM.

I hope that whenever things get a little closer to “normal”, IM goes back to the independently selected witness procedure.

Yes that’s precisely it. The impartial witness/referee who has no stake in the game gets the gripper and then the athlete has to meet up and close the gripper at the spot in front of the referee. The gripper should be removed from the package by the referee and then handed to the athlete who closes it in front of the referee without the gripper ever breaking from the referees sight.

Previously I would regard the Ironmind cert higher than the MM cert for this reason. But now they are on par in terms of legitimacy in my opinion.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats on this feat and putting this gripper away for good :rock  3.5 is one short list :bow:bow